Filming Locations

MDew

Awesome find, Stoo! Will add the info to the site. Was actually just thinking of Barcelona as a possible destination for my next trip. ;)

Indy McFly

Truly excellent scouting work. Sometime the Chronicles get pushed to the side. Thank you for sharing your incredible work.

InexorableTash

Travelling to Prague

I'll be visiting Prague on business for the first week in June. My first trip to Eastern Europe, and don't think that this thread didn't help me say "yes!" when the opportunity presented itself. I should have evenings free to poke about, and I've booked a hotel in the Old Town.

So... who wants to compile a walking tour map of YIJC locations for me?

MDew

Ask and you shall receive! I don't know about actually WALKING to all of these places, but on the Downloads page on my site you'll find a Prague-specific Google kmz file.

Stoked for ya (and SUPER jealous)! Take LOTS of pictures - and keep an eye out for anything that hasn't been found yet! ;)

Stoo

InexorableTash said:
I should have evenings free to poke about,...
This reply might be a little late but if you're going to walk up the stairs towards Prague Castle (where the 'runaway cannon scene' was filmed), try your hardest to go on a clear day and get to the very top. Why? Because it's totally worth seeing the sun stream through the cathedral's enormous stained glass windows. It's like being inside a kaleidoscope.

TheAlmanac said:
I'm planning a visit to Prague for later this year as well, so I'd also benefit from such a walking tour! :D
Enjoy yourself. I've been to Prague twice and absolutely loved it both times...except when initially being unfamiliar with the Czech Koruna exchange rate. At one dodgy place on my first night, I got duped into paying $40 for a pack of cigarettes! Dumb tourist. :eek:

InexorableTash

Album of photos so far:

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmm42Spm

Stoo said:
This reply might be a little late but if you're going to walk up the stairs towards Prague Castle (where the 'runaway cannon scene' was filmed)

So I missed this message, and I didn't even notice a marker on the map for this location. But... as I was wandering about I ran into an awesome set of stairs and started down it, pausing halfway to take a non-location photo. It wasn't until I was reviewing MDew's site just now that I realized it was a location.

InexorableTash

... and that's a wrap. Didn't really hit any more places; picked off a couple of train stations yesterday. Again lucked out and a random photo turned out to be a location shot (I wasn't checking MDew's site live)

MDew

Made my way out to Santa Barbara yesterday, so I revisited some of the "Hollywood Follies" locales:

PCIMG-2021-11-29-09-53-45.jpg

PCIMG-2021-11-29-09-54-36.jpg

Fillmore & Western Railway (Arrival in Los Angeles) - 351 Santa Clara St, Fillmore CA

PCIMG-2021-11-28-15-17-46.jpg

PCIMG-2021-11-28-15-20-42.jpg

PCIMG-2021-11-28-15-20-04.jpg

Limoneira Company (Universal Studios) - 1141 Cummings Rd., Santa Paula CA

PCIMG-2021-11-29-10-03-13.jpg

PCIMG-2021-11-29-09-51-57.jpg

20211128-163845.jpg

Santa Barbara Station (Arrival in Los Angeles) - 209 State St., Santa Barbara CA

PCIMG-2021-11-28-15-13-04.jpg

20211128-150413.jpg

20211128-150435.jpg

20211128-150822.jpg

Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History (Universal Studios Entrance) - 2559 Puesta Del Sol, Santa Barbara CA

20211128-155714.jpg

Arlington Theatre (Movie Premiere) - 1317 State St., Santa Barbara CA