50 frames of Fun: the Half Century of Gaming Captions

Pale Horse

Staff member
And Now the Winner

3rd Place and a good show:

spohlso said:
Uh Oh! A flaming heart coming right at me! I'll just plug this extension cord into my hat to power my patented 'Indy Hat Shield' to protect myself!

The Runner Up position goes to:

Raffey said:
Indiana Jones should have known that there would be a catch when he asked the Wizard of Oz for a heart.

PS "Ignore the Thuggee in the corner...Mola Ram is the great and powerful Wizard of Oz!....Ignore the Thugee in the corner..."

And believe it or not, for the first time in the history of the Raven gaming captions:

WE HAVE A TIE!

Yes, that's right, a two way tie. Why? Heck, why not. The winners are:

intergamer said:
Mola Ram: "Step right up! Come get your nice juicy hearts! Fresh off the body, still beating! Yes, you sir! For you, the friend's price. Buy now and take home your own necklace of human skulls. That's right! Not, one, not two, but an entire necklace of human skulls, free with your purchase of hearts in excess of 100 rupees. Try a sample, come on---"

Indy: "Sorry, I'm just looking."

Mola Ram (chanting): "Traya doy a day a yanoooo....tree eh yah tray ah donte yanoooooooooooo..."

Indy: "OK, then, just one."

AND

Attila the Professor said:
Still stinging from the whole thing about sacrificial hearts and man-eating crocodiles, Dr. Jones and Mola Ram kept there distance from each other when they met Kali in Hell.

One was just plain funny, and one incorporated the game and a movie in a whole new way.

Now you two lads go out there and find us two kicking kool gaming captures for us to play with.

intergamer

Perhaps these should be separated, like on TIE, into two different categories? And there would have to be a way to keep track of them and keep them apart. Or we could do a tandem special for the 51st, with one winner coming out, to return to a single caption contest.

Thoughts?

Thanks for the nod, by the way, PH.

If we did that tandem thing we could call have the "Caption Contest" vs. "New CC". Somehow we would have "Caption Contest" win and call it "Caption Contest Classic" after the 51'st.