Trilogy on Blu-Ray

Darth Vile said:
From an aesthetic, design and marketing perspective it is a logical change (albeit facile). It doesn't mean you or I have to like it.

Oh, I understand the reason for it well enough - greed dumbs everyone down.

Kt Templar

This may be stating the bleeding obvious, but you do understand that they did this so that in store or where ever the film appeared in lists they would end up being grouped together automatically. You wouldn't have to go to 'R' to find Raiders... The film is still 'Raiders of the Lost Ark'.

They are just applying the pattern they did with Star Wars. It's the best solution.

Would have been really silly if they had tried to shoehorn 'Raiders of' in front of each movie. After all production referred to the second film as 'Raiders II' when they were making it. Raiders of the Temple of Doom..... I don't think so.

By the time Last Crusade was made they obviously had their pattern cos they were calling it 'Indy III'.

Stoo

replican't said:
Why fudging change the title on the outside if it doesn't matter then? Why?

God, are you people thick or something?

Lucas is evil and must be destroyed.
Get a grip, dude.:rolleyes: While I personally don't care at all for "Indiana Jones and the" on ANY packaging for "Raiders", what makes you so absolutely sure that Lucas is/was responsible? The addition might very well have been decided upon by the Paramount marketing department.
Crack that whip said:
If and when the Blu-ray comes out with "Indiana Jones and the" appended to the beginning of the movie I'll reconsider, but until then I think this is much ado about nothing. George Lucas has enough to answer for with his actual missteps; there's no need to go about inventing new ones to feed some "Lucas is evil and/or a hack" narrative.

(And really, picking on his looks? Really? :rolleyes: We can be better than that.)
Indeed, 'much ado about nothing'. Dr. Sartorius already admitted that the Blu-ray title was an April Fool's joke so, at this point, we don't know how it will be packaged. (It's also noticeable that Lucas' neck has been a main target of criticism from disgruntled fans since 1996.:rolleyes:)

Getting back on-topic: I don't like the music that is used for the opening of the Blu-ray commercial. I understand WHY it's there but it's too modern and not Indy-ish in any way.(n) (Should Lucas be blamed for that choice of music? NO! It's marketing, marketing, marketing.)

As far as bonus material is concerned, it wouldn't be a surprise if there was NONE on the initial, Blu-ray release (but would eventually be included on a special, deluxe version about 6-8 months later). We can only hope that this won't be the case...even though this practice is becoming/has become the norm.:(

Indy's brother

replican't said:
Try not to let it get you down.

Hopefully I won't be able to find a wobbly chair to stand on once I figure out how the hell to tie a noose.....while I watch Indy in HD. Who gives a damn about what the words on the screen say before I immerse myself in the glory of film grain and visual clarity. The only thickness I am concerned with is the thickness of my wallet when separate versions will be released (exclusive box-set chotchkies and whatnot).

Will I be physically able to pull out my billfold, knowing the evil that is in George Lucas' heart when that time comes? Yes. Yes I will. Because I am not an obsessive hater. I enjoy his films even though I disagree with what he has done to his legacy. Why? Because Indy means to me today what he did when I was introduced to the character 22 years ago, and my past cannot be taken away by someone putting some stupid words on an illuminated screen, or by changing scenes either, for that matter.

If something like this makes you turn your back on Indy after 550 posts on these boards, or makes you vomit, or makes you hate someone you've never met (yet has given you something to enjoy and obsess over) then you should seriously consider some counseling.

Just sayin.

No, seriously.

Of all the things that could be done with this release, is this what we are going to get our panties in a bunch over, people? Get it together.

indyclone25

well all in all , i will fork over my money to buy the blu rays , i just wish some more info would come out so we could really get excited , cause they are releasing the spiderman movies again on blu ray and they have listed everything on each disc, and the movies will be released in late june or early july so you can use the "movie bucks" to see "the amazing spiderman ." i just don't want to wait til june or july for info on the indy films til then , i'm just like that kid who can't wait for christmas morning.:eek: :p :D

ArnoldTohtFan

I hope to god that Spielberg and Lucas will be putting as much care and consideration into the presentation of the movies. I mean, with the lengths they're going to with the upcoming Jaws release, I SHOULDN'T by all acounts have anything to worry about. The Indiana Jones series is far greater than Jaws, so fingers crossed it will get the exemplary treatment it deserves for Blu-ray.

ArnoldTohtFan said:
I hope to god that Spielberg and Lucas will be putting as much care and consideration into the presentation of the movies. I mean, with the lengths they're going to with the upcoming Jaws release, I SHOULDN'T by all acounts have anything to worry about. The Indiana Jones series is far greater than Jaws, so fingers crossed it will get the exemplary treatment it deserves for Blu-ray.

Um, no - Jaws is infinitely better than any Indiana Jones movie mate.

indyclone25

replican't said:
jaws was good , mind you , but as a thriller. not as an a action movie. raiders set the tone for all acton movies that came after . i hope they still put in the making and greta movie stunts , plus maybe even a new documentary, just wish lucasfilm /paramount would give us some more info on the disc's

Darth Vile

indyclone25 said:
jaws was good , mind you , but as a thriller. not as an a action movie. raiders set the tone for all acton movies that came after . i hope they still put in the making and greta movie stunts , plus maybe even a new documentary, just wish lucasfilm /paramount would give us some more info on the disc's

I too think Jaws is actually the better movie (although that doesn't mean I have to prefer it)... and whilst I do believe Raiders was a game changer in terms of action movies; I actually believe that it's the TOD (and Return of the Jedi) template for action that's still being followed today.

ArnoldTohtFan

replican't said:

You realise how fake that big rubber shark is gonna look on Blu-ray, right? No seriously, the first time I saw Jaws it was alright, but a few years later I saw Deep Blue Sea and I actually liked that more than Jaws. I know! I can't believe I'm saying that either!

But for me, Jaws and E.T. are some of the most overrated movies I've ever sat through. And its not that I don't understand a cult phenomenon, because Indy is just that and it's my all time favourite adventure series!

Montana Smith said:
They're going to need a bigger boat (if they plan on getting a cast of geriatrics safely over three more waterfalls).

lol awesome comment, but cmon i think the most of us would be happy with anything which is done relating Indy, with HF and a cane or even some Cartoon series, TV, or whatever.

Regards,

LJ

Ps. looking forward to the blu ray :D

fenris

If the bluray edition is packed with extras - and I mean NEW extras - that's the only reason I'll buy it and switch to bluray. I want more behind the scenes stuff, documentaries... Perhaps a prop tour - that would be nice, right? Some even have games in 'em...

If any of you has watched the documentary Star Wars: Empire of Dreams, you'd understand what I mean by behind the scenes stuff.

Faleel

I want Isolated Scores.

Atleast 7.1 mix (especially for KOTCS), so perhaps we can get more clean music ripped.

Lao_Che

fenris said:
If any of you has watched the documentary Star Wars: Empire of Dreams, you'd understand what I mean by behind the scenes stuff.

So... you want the Indiana Jones: Making the Trilogy documentary from the 2003 DVD release? ;)

fenris

Lao_Che said:
So... you want the Indiana Jones: Making the Trilogy documentary from the 2003 DVD release? ;)

I want something more detailed. Can't quite put my finger on it, but something was just missing on that "making of" from the dvds.

mikieson

fenris said:
I want something more detailed. Can't quite put my finger on it, but something was just missing on that "making of" from the dvds.
there's always something missing..I think I want more pics. more behind the scenes type info. I want to know anything and everything thats a "secret"..I want all the indy fans questions to be answered,like all the gear questions we all have..put in detail EVERYTHING about indys clothes,weapons,ect..I want to see the people from all the movies up close and personal from then to now. AND we all want a perfect 100% movie transfer.

Indy's brother

fenris said:

Deleted scenes with optional commentary. Even better, the option to watch a cut of the films with the appropriate scenes polished up and put back in. I know that won't happen, but that is what I want.