Indy-Cast Trivia II

Stoo said:
In "Skull". The scene with the Young Indy/Pancho Villa reference. John Tobin.

Yes!

Indycast interview and Crystal Skull extra, John Tobin can be seen tying his gear to his burro as Indy and Mutt discuss family in the market outside the asylum in Peru.

Indy Trivia XXVI

Many may know, and some have even seen, the scene where Marion steals a kiss from Indy in the Raven, and no...not from the comic adaptation. Which other leading lady had a kissing scene with Indy axed?

Last edited:
Lonsome_Drifter said:
Irina Spalko?
Lonsome_Drifter said:
That is purely an uneducated guess.

Well it was a good one, and right!

Those of us familiar with The Official Indiana Jones Magazine will
remember the picture of Indy kissing Col Spalko's hand at their
initial meeting. I guess it would have been out of character for an
older, beaten and bruised Indy to be so gracious.

Indy Trivia XXVII

Preseason Football has just begun here in The States, so what better time then now:

With Superbowl 43 now in the books, one may take pause to wonder what does football have to do with Indiana Jones?
Well ESPN did run a Raiders March/ College Football /Marching Band Competition,
Lego Indy was part of an XBox bundle with Madden NFL 09,
Mutt and Indy almost did a Forest Gump impersonation on a motorcycle
and David Beckham DID dress up like Indy for Pepsi...but that's not really the kind of football we're asking about.

In what city did Indiana Jones save the Vince Lombardi Trophy and who did he give it to?

Last edited:

DocWhiskey

Rocket Surgeon said:
In what city did Indiana Jones save the Vince Lombardi Trophy and who did he give it to?

I actually think I remember this without using internets help!

Indy saved the trophy in Miami, Florida and gave it the the winners of the Superbowl: the San Francisco 49ers.

I think. Maybe.

Star Wars had it's Holiday Special to hang it's head in shame for, and CBS to share the blame. How could Indiana Jones go so wrong with Disney backing his adventure?

In 1995, Superbowl XXIX halftime show was an interesting one,especially for fans of Indiana Jones. As the San Diego Chargers and the San Francisco 49ers were battling it out on the field in Miami,Florida, Indiana Jones and Marion Ravenwood reunited for a battle of their own, to recover the stolen Vince Lombardi Trophy taken into the "Temple of the Forbidden Eye" (the show was produced by Disney to promote the new attraction at Disneyland...) and guarded by Patti LaBelle (Really). After Indy and Marion arrived via parachute and entered "Club Disneyland", the duo fought thugs while the crowd was being entertained by music from Tony Bennet and Miami Sound Machine. Indy retrieved the trophy and promised to give it to the winner of the game...Steve Young and the dominating San Francisco 49ers.:hat:

Nice work Doc...

...but do I wait to post another question?

Indy Trivia XXVIII

When we're first introduced to Marion, she's in a bar faced off against a man three times her size in a drinking contest.

How many shots did Marion consume during the drinking contest at the Raven and what night of the week was it?

Last edited:

The Drifter

Rocket Surgeon said:
When we're first introduced to Marion, she's in a bar faced off against a man three times her size in a drinking contest.

How many shots did Marion consume during the drinking contest at the Raven and what night of the week was it?

This is bound to be in the book which I have, but not read.

In pointing out plot holes and the necessity of suspending disbelief, Indy's ability to ride the German Sub is always the most mentioned observation. Marion out drinking a rather corpulent patron always struck me as an interesting super power, and inspired my own superhero who instead of fighting, drinks his villains into submission. Maybe Barry Nugent can help me bring him to life!

Nonetheless there are a couple of textual sources for the definitive answer, shy of trying to count the glasses on the table.

Hopefully the blu-ray release will make that task easier but in print the most notable is the January 1982 issue of Mad Magazine.

I can hear the collective groans of disappointed disbelievers, "is he serious?!?!?

Yet Dick DeBartolo and Frank Jacobs got it right. To ease your pain it's also on page 27 of the Raiders Illustrated Screenplay. The text reads in part; Marion Ravenwood,25 years old, beautiful, if a bit hard looking. At this moment, she can use any hardness in her as she picks up her fourteenth shot glass and tosses it back.

Wow, I don't know how many listeners out there have any idea of the dangers involved with that style of drinking but let's just say it's probably as dangerous as climbing into a refrigerator, nuclear explosion or not.

Last edited:

Robyn

Rocket Surgeon said:
she picks up her fourteenth shot glass and tosses it back.

Wow, I don't know how many listeners out there have any idea of the dangers involved with that style of drinking but let's just say it's probably as dangerous as climbing into a refrigerator, nuclear explosion or not.

Yes, my Mom mentions it every time we watch it together lol "you can kill yourself doing that!" Probably why I'm not much of a drinker lol My sister(not my wild one, but my other one) tried to get me to cut back on a tasty selection for my 21st but I declined, and just "tasted" her pina colata instead lol

The Drifter

Rocket Surgeon said:
Knowing your taste in reading material, I'm sure you DO have it!

Yes, I love Mad Magazine. I almost have the complete run when William Gaines was over it. The mag went down hill after he passed away, and I stopped collecting.