Most worthy adventurer excluding Indy...

If it wasn't for Indy who'd be your favourite adventure character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kongisking

G-Man said:
Professor Challenger/John Roxton from Lost World were my choice. The book is awesome, never been a great movie adaption though...

Totally agree. Imagine Peter Jackson getting his talented paws onto a new big-budget adaptation of this under-appreciated classic...WHOOOO!!! Sends shivers down my spine just thinking about the infinite greatness that would come of a movie like that!

In fact, I once wrote me own script for a Lost World remake...:eek:

P.S. It's RICK O'Connell, gents! And yes, Rick is 100% my choice!!!!!! :hat: It is also telling how Rick is hands-down winning on this poll!

"I only gamble with my life, never my money..."

Such a bad-ass line. :hat: :hat: :cool: :cool:

adventure_al

kongisking said:
RICK O'Connell, gents! And yes, Rick is 100% my choice!!!!!!

yes that's what i thought but on the back of my 'The Mummy Returns: Special Edition Dvd' it definately spells it with an 'H'. Either way its pernounced the same.

Gear

"The Mummy" is one of my favorite movies. In fact. Raiders of the Lost Ark was one of its role models.

Kingsley

Stoo said:
Growing up, one of my friends was into Tintin so I read a few. Great stuff!

As a kid though, I really loved Asterix
Well, there they are... two adventurer I would choose (y)

G-Man

kongisking said:
Totally agree. Imagine Peter Jackson getting his talented paws onto a new big-budget adaptation of this under-appreciated classic...WHOOOO!!! Sends shivers down my spine just thinking about the infinite greatness that would come of a movie like that!

In fact, I once wrote me own script for a Lost World remake...:eek:
Yeah I know, watching PJ's King Kong made me think about writing a script. You got a copy of yours handy. I'd love to read it.

Kurt Russell's Jack Burton. (Big Trouble In Little China). The guy's a loser who thinks he's cool! The scene where he fires his machine gun above him and roars aggresively, only to have the plaster from the cieling fall on his head. :D

Now, that's a hero worth rooting for.

Stoo

Attila the Professor said:
Where Fogg not an option, I'd not have voted - but he was, so I did.
Attila, have you ever seen the TV series "The Secret Adventures of Jules Verne"?
Whole new take on Phileas Fogg...and Passepartout is great as well...

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Stoo said:
Attila, have you ever seen the TV series "The Secret Adventures of Jules Verne"?
Whole new take on Phileas Fogg...and Passepartout is great as well...

I've seen the ads for it, but sadly never got any further than that.

The old Robert Todd movie is so big, but David Niven's pitch-perfect performance (plus the genuine charm of many of the cameos) makes up for it.

otto rahn

Junior Jones said:
My favorite adventurer is not on the list: Scrooge McDuck.
I agree "Junior". I'd also like to nominate Dr Clark Savage Jr (and team) as worthy members of this august fraternity !

Katarn07

What about Joe Sullivan (aka, Sky Captain)? I have to give him a shout out. I wish they'd make more things about the Sky Captain Universe. To my knowledge, there's just the movie. No comics, no novels, no video games.... What gives? It wasn't that bad of a movie, was it?

otto rahn

Katarn07 said:
What about Joe Sullivan (aka, Sky Captain)? I have to give him a shout out. I wish they'd make more things about the Sky Captain Universe. To my knowledge, there's just the movie. No comics, no novels, no video games.... What gives? It wasn't that bad of a movie, was it?
There was a novel, but I think that it was just a novelization of the movie.

Vendetta08

My favorites behind Indy are Alan Quartermain and Rick O'Connell. And I totally forgot about Sky Captain, I quite liked the movie.

Mickiana

Stewart Granger was good from King Solomon's Mines. He was very swashbuckling. Definitely a forerunner of Indy.

Lara Croft, by far.

Junior Jones said:
My favorite adventurer is not on the list: Scrooge McDuck.

Total respect for your choice!!! :hat: :gun: (y) (y)
Uncle Scrooge is an AWESOME character, probably my favourite from the Disney universe... and I still consider his official biography (by Don Rosa) as the BEST COMIC BOOK EVER WRITTEN!! (y)

fixer79

Aye, Scrooge McDuck's a fine adventurer indeed...

But my vote goes to Tintin. All the way!
I think Spielberg would agree ;)

kongisking

I thought Sky Captain was as close to a genuine Raiders-styled homage film we could possibly get. I adore that flick!!!!!

By the way, G-Man, I don't know how to put a link up for a Word document on a webpage in order to make a link for this site. I could use some instructions, then I'll be happy to share. Be warned, though: The script is very close to the book, often using lines taken straight from the novel, and can sometimes come across as slightly corn-ish. I need to remember to edit it a lot further in the future...