Things you'd love to see...

IndyJr.

Come here to express your own ideas about fight scenes, critter scenes and plots. Just come here to discuss your own ideas about anything!

Here's some of my own. You know how their filming in Hawaii? Well what if the film starts off with him searching for some artifact (Hovito Idol (Raiders), Nuhachi (Temple), Cross Coronado (Crusade)) Have it be an artifact in Hawaii. He's found it and he's trying to escape when suddenly he's trapped in a spike chamber! But this isn't any old spike chamber! This chamber has spikes on the side that slowly move in. AND there's toxic chemicals coming in from the ground (liquid chemicals) and Indy's escape lies in a small hole in the ceiling. He must climb on the spikes, whip across the chamber and try not to go too fast, so he won't volt right into a spike. He finally gets out and comes into another chamber directly above the other. Problem is... this one is filled with scorpions! There's an exit on the side of the room. He must try and get the scorpions away so he can get to it. He does so, after plugging up the hole leading to the spike chamber, with a big rock. Just then the toxic liquids reach the top but cannot come out. Because of this the liquid must come out of the sides! It reaches a side chamber beside where Indy is standing and because of the age of the walls, the chemicals break through and standpede towards Indy! Indy runs through the exit and gets in a Commy truck (first knocking out the driver). This truck is a lot like the Raiders truck. It has an enclosed area in the back where a person is at. Indy drives away in the truck. He comes to a very old bridge over a river and just then the bridge breaks and the truck falls into the river (it's a big river). Indy gets out of the truck to stand on the side of it (which is afloat). The commy who has been hiding in the back gets out to. We proceed to a fist fight ontop of a truck which every now and then changes sides in the water! The fist fight continues and the Commy seems to be winning (Indy's age prooves this during the fight). The commy is able to push him off the front of the truck and Indy is sucked under the water as he streams under the truck and pops up out of the water to grab onto the back of the truck. In a very heroic moment with the heroic John Williams score being played, Indy climbs back onto the truck and beats the heck out of the guy! he also does his Emperor's Tomb famouse move of taking his whip and whiping the guys neck and pulling him towards himself and punching him. Indy looks up and notices their coming towards a huge waterfall! Indy tries to jump off the truck and towards the direction of shore, but the commy pulls him back and pins him down. The music in Last Crusade, where Indy notices there about to go off a cliff on the tank plays. Just at the last minute Indy gets free of the commy's clutches. The truck goes over the side and Indy jumps onto a rock which curls over the side of the cliff! He turns and looks down the side of the waterfall which he almost went over! He takes out his whip and whips onto a tree branch not so far away and swings over to shore.

loganbush

Ok I didn't have time to read all of it but it's very thought out I see. I'd like to have a gun gag, use of whip, the shovel that's in all the movies, snakes/snake joke, and a real fistfight like in Raiders. They really haven't had one like that since.

Finn

Staff member
Since this thread was all about your own ideas of action scenes, what was it doing in the spoiler section? Moved.

Just a reminder to you all, Indy IV spoiler section is devoted for discussion of confirmed and rumored plot points of the movie and nothing else. All the rest should go into the regular Indy IV section since discussing the film in detail is not the same thing as getting to know it all before stepping into the theater.

Also, this has nothing to do with the thing above, but ever heard of word 'paragraph'? That opening post's hell to read.

Last edited:

IndyJr.

well I do get a little distracted when writing... I find that highlighted where you're at helps read it. :p

Attila the Professor

Staff member
IndyJr. said:
well I do get a little distracted when writing... I find that highlighted where you're at helps read it. :p

Yeah, it does, but while a Dostoevsky might get away with paragraphs that long, I'm not sure that you or any of the rest of us do.

The only other thing I'd say is that that's a heck of a lot of voltage for an opening sequence, even apart from my contention that Indy really should be doing that sort of stuff when the film begins.

Niteshade007

IndyJr. said:

Everyone I know thinks I'm weird for highlighting parts that I am reading. It's so nice to see that other people do it too.

And that's a very action packed opening, much like Raiders. I like it, although it does seem like a bit too much happening all at once. With Raiders at least you had spikes, then pit with the vine, then the rolling boulder...it happened more sequentially, instead of all these things like scorpions and toxic chemicals happening all at once.

No Ticket

A good movie.

make that a great movie!

That's the only thing I'm worried about seeing. Without knowing the plot I couldn't come up with anything really anyway.

AHegele

A very very dramatic ending that would bring a close to the entire saga, even more so than The Last Crusade.

But above all, a great film.

Webley

This is how I would like to see Indy4 start

Somewhere in Asia 195?. We see the silhouette of a man standing in an old forgotten temple. Directly in front of him is the idol.{you know the one from the beginning of Raiders} Its maybe 20 or 30 feet from the man. He starts to move forward a few feet but does not see the trip wire that?s ankle high. When the man trips the wire, we hear the chimes of bells. Slowly the entrance of the temple begins to close. the man snatches the idol and dashes to the door. Realizing he has more than enough time to escape, he decides to go back for the gold coins that wee on top of the altar with the Idol. When he grabs a handful of coins a trap door opens and he falls to the floor below. Where he finds himself facing the barrel of a gun. Slowly camera pans up the man we see khaki pants. Camera moves to mans beltline, hanging from left belt loop is a sling shot. Camera pans to show mans safari shirt, leather jacket + sachel....but whats this?? No fedora? A NY Yankees baseball cap?! That?s right! Shorty's all grown up. {scene 2} Marshall College Indy in his office going through his mail sees apackage from Shanghai. Indy opens package to find NY Yankees hat covered in blood. Indy "Here we go again."

And this is what I like to think what happened to Short Round
I wrote this Short Round bio.

SHORT ROUND

Other current aliases: Mr. Round

Current occupation: Pint-sized sidekick/student

Place of birth: Shanghai

Usual base of operations: Mobile

Height: 4'8"

Weight: 95 lbs.

Eyes: Brown

Hair: Black

Special skills: Superb martial artist, expert thief

History: Short Round was born in the spring of 1924 in the city that
is known as "The Pearl of the Orient." By 1934, when Short Round was
just 10 years old, he found himself orphaned due to the Japanese bombing of
Shanghai. During the next year Short Round grew up real fast. No one
would take the small boy in....no one but one small group of street urchins
and thugs. The gang was lead by a ruthless tyrent of a man whose name was
Big Pete a mountian of a man who came from somewhere in the US. Througout the
next year Pete and the other boys from the gang taught Short Round to speake
english and martial arts. He was dubbed "Short Round" among the other street gang members.
One night when Short Round was working his
corner of the streets, picking the pockets of those exiting the club "The Golden Lotus"
Indiana Jones, famed archeologist, was living the club when
he caught the boy in the act of stealing his wallet. When Short Round pleaded
with the archeologisr to let him go and not to throw him to the mercy of the
police in fear of what Big Pete might do. When Indy heard this he insisted
on meting Big Pete. Big Pete was not to happy to see that
Short Round had brougt this man into his gang house, but Indy let Big Pete
know what he thought of him... with a left.. and then a right..
and then a chair over his head. Leaving Pete in a heap on the floor Indy decided
to let Short Round stay with him until the two of them retuern to the states.He taught
Short Round to drive and made him his personal cheuffer(the boy knew the streets like
no other). After the events that took place in the movie" Indiana Jones and the
Temple of Doom", Short Round and Indy returned to the US where Short Round attended a
prestegious boarding school (with a scholarship provided by certian famous nightclub singer).
He spent summers helping Dr. Jones with his field work.

Matthew

I'd like to see an elaborate booby trap and obstacles deep in a temple or somewhere where water comes into play.

Indy_Chic

Whoa! Those are great ideas everyone. (y) Personally, I wouldn't mind a shirtless muscular Indiana Jones running around in the new film with fedora and whip looking awesome. (kind of like in Temple of Doom) :eek: ;)

commontone

I posted this in another thread, as a way piranhas might be used in the film, but it fits even better with this thread...could be a really cool sequence:

Indy pushes through leafy vines to emerge from the tunnel. He's entered a large dome-shaped temple, 30 meters across, dominated by a circular pool in the middle. Vines hang everywhere, and weak light filters in dimly through an opening in the ceiling, several stories high.

Indy cautiously waves the others in after him. They stumble in, blinking, wary. Indy approaches the pool. In the center of the dark water, a dozen meters in, stands a Mayan altar, containing the prize. The pool is dense with fish; they skim the surface, occasionally jumping into the air. Mutt and Mac approach the edge on either side of Indy, and Mutt leans cautiously over the edge of the pool, watching.

Suddenly a fish jumps high near Mutt's head; he yelps and staggers back, dropping his torch in the water.

A writhing silver swarm engulfs it violently, the water turning red and churning as if boiling, and a moment later the torch floats to the surface in tatters. Blood clouds the water around the splinters, and a fish skeleton bobs up in the middle.

"Red-bellied piranhas," Indy says flatly, his face illuminated by his torch. "This must be an inlet from the Orinoco. They've been breeding here for centuries, and they're starving......"

Kingsley

Indy_Chic said:
Personally, I wouldn't mind a shirtless muscular Indiana Jones running around in the new film with fedora and whip looking awesome. (kind of like in Temple of Doom) :eek: ;)
Not this time I guess :p ... keep the Temple memories.

Niteshade007

Or...

We could let the cast members keep their clothes on.

Unless of course Jessica Alba is in the cast, then by all means, a nude scene would be crucial to the plot. I think the whole Indy series would be ruined without one.

No Ticket

I thought about it and... I'd really like to see Indy get the crap kicked out of him as bad as he did in TOD.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I'd love to see the Raven's Nest as a set piece! And the Russians burn it down, when Indy tries to save Marion. Then it would be like:

Marion:
(LOOKING AT HER CLUB ON FIRE)
NO! Not again!
(TURNS TO INDY)
This is your fault! Every time you come back, my place gets burnt down!

Indy:
I didn't do it! I never did! It was the Russians! And the Nazis before that!

Marion:
It's always the Russians! It's always Nazis! Who else would you like to blame?

Indy:
Can I blame it on the boy?