View Single Post
Old 04-28-2016, 05:13 PM   #34
Mickiana
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
I'm pretty certain that it's an alternate take from the same dubbing/ADR session as heard in the normal, released version. When filming that scene, the plane's engine noise would've completely drowned out the voices (especially with open canopies) so they would have to be dubbed in, no matter what. Watch your DVD and you'll see that Jock & Indy's dialogue isn't 100% synchronized with the movement of their mouths.

Why the difference? The whole film appeared to be an old print because the colours looked faded and the blacks weren't 100% black. Therefore, this anomaly could very well be due to the 'concert version' being a pre-release cut.

Nice spot regarding the laughing Arab at the shisha bar. I didn't catch that and, according to Violet, there were some other differences, as well.
Do you remember what particular differences you noticed? I'm very curious to know and have been waiting to hear from other folks so thanks for chiming in.

Funny that you & Mickiana were at the same concert. You two might have been sitting right next to each other and not even known!
Better late than never! At least you actually went. It's hard to believe that there were recent concerts in California & London (2 of the highest concentration areas of Indy fandom at The Raven) and NONE of our resident Ravenhead locals bothered to go? I'm bewildered, nay, flabbergasted by this fact. What the hell?!?

I do admire your forensic analysis, Stoo. Thank god someone does it.

As for recognising Violet in that large venue that was very well attended by the public, good luck to me. (Where is an emoticon with Indy's glasses?) But I did wear stronger glasses just for the performance. Violet, did you go in costume? I wore my jacket and Aldens, but thought the hat, whip and bag not really necessary. I saw that a few people of my vintage (later 40s) wore garb akin to the adventurer's outfit.
Mickiana is offline   Reply With Quote