Sky Pirates (1986)

AnnieJones

Has anyone here ever heard of a movie called Sky Pirates?It came out in 1986 and I personally didn't like the movie,but it seems to me that it went by another name when it came out in another country.I was just wondering what that name was,could someone please help me and tell me if you know?

Stoo

Try searching for "Dakota Harris and the Sky Pirates". It was in the theatre for about 2 weeks then was gone but I rented it a few years later. It wasn't very good but I still want it in my collection for nostalgia's sake and it's one of the only '80s Indy knock-offs that I'm missing. Very hard to find...

Are you familiar with the short lived, early '80s series, "Tales of the Gold Monkey"? Same vein...you'd like it!;)

From latest acquisitions:

Stoo said:
WOW, man, another "Sky Pirates" fan?!? (y)

Can't believe a soundtrack was released for such an obscure film. Is it on an Australian label? :confused:

I remember when the movie came out in '86 but never got around to seeing it at the cinema so I also ended up renting it often during the very late '80s & early '90s (as "Dakota Harris and the Sky Pirates")!!! Those VHS tapes of it were always poor prints with a cropped picture so I've been trying to find a decent copy for decades now. This will be my first time seeing it properly in full widescreen!!! Can't THANK YOU enough, Golddragon!!! (y) :hat:

Perhaps this conversation should be moved over here:
Sky Pirates(1986)

No I actually got it from lalalandrecords.com They?re really great at producing obscure and out of print soundtracks (as well as expanded editions of the more famous ones.

indytim

Some scamp has uploaded the entire film to YouTube although the picture quality is rather poor (like a well-viewed VHS) ...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xoMlMDjRg5I" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>