How much like Indy are you?

Nurhachi1991

Does anyone have a lot of similarities to Mr. Jones?

I work as a waiter trying to pay my way through school

Bees are my "snakes"

All of my previous relations hate me I'm sure there is a Marion out there that will sock me in the jaw

How bout the rest of you?

Alex

I hate snakes with every fiber of my being. I speak eloquently with out using sentence pauses as a professor would (real stickler for proper language usage). I try my best to keep things civil in public; but when it's time to throw down, I'm a man of action. I wouldn't hesitate to jump from a moving car on to another if needs be. I love to go to museums about ancient cultures (no modern art crap). I guess the only thing I don't have is a doctorate. ;)

The_Raiders

Nothing at all really. I hate spiders, and most other bugs. I work as a busser. I prefer to sit and do nothing over action. Though I do take an interest in ancient cultures, that's about it.

IndyJoey

I hate snakes
Plan on studying and getting a Phd in Archaeology
I am normally a man of reason, but I'm not afraid of much, besides snakes, and i can hold my own against most people. Although if I must i will take very bold actions. Big on hiking, camping, bushcraft, etc. I'm a very... outdoorsy person.

Nurhachi1991

The_Raiders said:
Nothing at all really. I hate spiders, and most other bugs. I work as a busser. I prefer to sit and do nothing over action. Though I do take an interest in ancient cultures, that's about it.

Dude weren't you the hard core of the hard core fans awhile back that wore the Indy outfit to school? If that's not being like Indy nothing is!

Oh I forgot drowning my sorrows in adult beverages.... Just like Indy!

Last edited by a moderator:

IndyJoey

Nurhachi1991 said:
Dude weren't you the hard core of the hard core fans awhile back that wore the Indy outfit to school? If that's not being like Indy nothing is!

No, I'M the hard core one that wore the Indy outfit to school!

Indyologist

How Are YOU Like Indiana Jones?

Mods, please forgive me if a similar thread like this has been created in the past. Perhaps you could post link(s) to them here? Anyhoo, how are you like the world's greatest Adventurer? Are you a traveler? Have you been to the same places he's been? Are you yourself an archeologist or a scientist? Do you have a doctorate's degree? Are you a scholar? How are you like Indy personally? Did you have a domineering father? Did your mother die when you were young? Have you lost a wife due to a tragedy? Perhaps you are as tall as Indy (6', 1"), weigh as much as him (190lbs) or look a little like him. Have you ever rescued someone, male or female, from some kind of physical/emotional/mental peril? In short, have you ever been a "hero" to someone? Do you wear a certain type of hat? Do you have a "lucky charm" (Indy's hat) you always have with you? Do you go by a nickname? Have you been to college? Do you consider yourself "lucky?" The possiblies are endless here, people! I guess you could say we're all a little bit like Indy! How about you? :hat: Can't wait for your worthy responses!

Nurhachi1991

It’s funny because growing up I always related to Indy but in reality I’m more of a Mutt.

In my early adulthood I just kinda shoved off the idea of higher education and read books on my own free time when I wasn’t working, wasn’t until my late 20’s I realized the importance of college and now I’m almost finished with my B.S. in Buisness Administration

Mutt definitely had a place in my heart

The Lone Raider

I don't like snakes. At all. I have heard them referred to as "nope ropes," and I agree with that term 110%.

I love learning about ancient cultures and mythology. I'm pretty religious, but I am also skeptical and scientific in my thinking.

I feel like I'm a fairly decent combination of intellectual and physically fit, but nowhere near as proficient on either front as Indy.

My smile can sometimes be a bit crooked like Harrison's, but not always, and not nearly as swoon-inducing.

I'm not at all reckless, though, generally speaking. Don't share that quality at all. More of a "cautious fellow."

Women like Marion and Elsa are certainly more attractive to me than women like Willie...🤷‍♂️

I can't really think of anything else at the moment, though...

British Raider

I think I share some of his exhaustion and reluctance even if my life has none of the excitement he experiences. But many a social occasion will arise where I face it like Indy does the mechanic, or I wish there was a convenient window to escape through 😂 I might be exaggerating a bit, but I think many can relate.

Also, aren’t we all a product of our own creation? Even if we might not all name ourselves after a dog.

Indiana Jones and Philosophy book mentions how, ‘the Indiana Jones films remind us of our creative power over our own lives regardless of our age or station in life.’

Billy Ray

I definitely share Indy's fear of snakes! Unlike Indy though, I would never have been able to descend into the Well of Souls or be pulled out of a pit of quicksand with a Boa Constrictor. Indy is at least able to overcome his fear when necessary. Me, I'd just be in the fetal position, pooping myself.