"Last Crusade" Action Figures

ChromiumBlue37

Well if anyone lives in Palm Springs CA the walmart there was chock full of LC figures. They had like 4 Vogels, 3 Elsas, 5 Grail Knights thats where I got my figures when I was visiting my mother.

What?? My God!!! That sounds like an undiscovered treasure of its own. The very figures I am looking for!

Nurhachi1991

ChromiumBlue37 said:
What?? My God!!! That sounds like an undiscovered treasure of its own. The very figures I am looking for!

Yeah thats how I felt when I found them I was jumping for joy.(y)

Kevin

snake_surprise said:
Kevin, thank you so much for that informative reply that you took the time to write out...it really benefits everyone to know that info.

Has this case breakdown been status quo based on your findings in stores lately?

So essentially I should not panic and get these three figs on ebay, but should just wait a month or two and they will be around like Tie Indy?

The case breakdown information was pulled from Entertainment Earth's website, and has been supported by what I and others have been seeing on shelves. When LC figs first hit, I found Grail Knights and Young Indys hanging when all the other figs had been snapped up. Now Grail Knight is nowhere to be found, but more people are finding Henry on the shelves. According to Nurhachi1991's post, it looks as though the 2nd and 3rd revision cases may be arriving in SoCal even now, so you may have new figures popping up in stores in your area very soon.

As for waiting to get Vogel, Elsa etc, the problem is that even when they do ship, they are only one to a case, so they will never be as plentiful as Tie Indy, but they will at least be shipping. So, depending on how often you hit the stores, how lucky you are and how badly you want them, you may want to just bite the bullet and buy them online.

Kooshmeister

Found Elsa and the Knight at a Wal-Mart near where my grandparents live, while visiting them, and bought them both. No sign of Vogel, though, of course. I like Elsa, but the Knight...eh, I got him for the Grail and that's pretty much it. There's a lot to complain about with him, starting with his awkward stance and lack of articulation, to the odd undersizing of the shield relic. Just why are they always either ridiculously oversized, or ridiculously undersized?

Marty Jones

I have only seen this wave once at retail, and not in its entirety. I picked up Grail Knight, Young Indy, and Last Crusade Indy. I passed on Henry, Cairo 2-pack, and Mutt with motorcycle due to sloppy paint. Never saw Elsa or Vogel.

Nurhachi1991

Kooshmeister said:
Found Elsa and the Knight at a Wal-Mart near where my grandparents live, while visiting them, and bought them both. No sign of Vogel, though, of course. I like Elsa, but the Knight...eh, I got him for the Grail and that's pretty much it. There's a lot to complain about with him, starting with his awkward stance and lack of articulation, to the odd undersizing of the shield relic. Just why are they always either ridiculously oversized, or ridiculously undersized?

well I dunno it would be kind of hard to put in a 1:1 scale of Sir Richards shield don't you think?

Marty Jones

Found a second Henry while I was out today at a Kay Bee. Paint wasn't perfect but he was better than the last one I found so I picked him up. I'm leaving him carded for now for the off chance that I find a better one.

snake_surprise

I found my Henry at KayBee as well. They had another one that I left there.

Also, I went to Toys R Us again today and nothing with these LC figures. Actually, most of the Indy figures are all gone to be honest. I asked the clerk about when to expect more and she said they get shipments Sundays and Wednesdays. Hope that helps for those within driving distance to a TRU.

I am really shocked about these figs in general...LC figures aside, they are moving more and more in the past few weeks. My Target only has about 5 figures (Sallah, Russian Soldier, stuff like that) and around 10 empty pegs. I have been scouring stores the past week for the LC figs, and each time I go to the same store, no LC figs to be found, but the general inventory is moving. This is good.

As an aside, I think we should pick up any and all LC figs for forum members who cannot find them. That way some of us can pay for them including shipping and will not be gouged by ebay prices. Worst case scenario, the LC fig finder can always simply return them. Or trade for ToD figs. Just an idea.

NickTurner

For what it's worth... I emailed Hasbro

Response (Kerry Bronson) 09/24/2008 09:33 AM
Hi Nick,

Thank you for your response.

Please continue to check your local retailers as shipments are being sent on a regular basis.

We appreciate having the opportunity to assist you.

Customer (Nick Turner) 09/24/2008 01:27 AM
Thank you for your response to my question. I am glad to hear that these figures are shipping currently. However, not one of the links you provided have resulted in my finding any of these figures so far. I have placed an order at EntertainmentEarth, but these are advance orders. Also, I was hoping to be able to pick up multiples of some of these figures for customizing or "troop building", so I am still hoping for a wider distribution. I know volume sales for Indiana Jones figures have not always been forthcoming, but I for one am certainly willing to spend some cash on newer figures!

Response (Kerry Bronson) 09/18/2008 10:25 AM
Hi Nick,

Thank you for contacting Hasbro, Inc. We appreciate your interest in our company and products!

The Indiana Jones figures you mention are currently shipping to the following retailers:

Toys R Us (http://www.toysrus.com), Wal-Mart (http://www.wal-mart.com), Kmart (http://www.kmart.com), Target (http://www.target.com), Kay-Bee (http://www.kbtoys.com), as well as other toy and mass merchandise retailers. Many Hasbro products can be purchased online at www.hasbrotoyshop.com.

Some of our products can also be found online at http://www.entertainmentearth.com (figures & collectibles). Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee product availability at any one store.

Again, thank you for your interest.

Customer (Nick Turner) 09/17/2008 02:38 AM
Where the ~!@#$%^&*( do I have to go to buy Henry Jones, Elsa, Knight and Vogel figures? NOBODY HAS THEM! And they have supposedly been "out" for 2 or more months. Even your own toyshop does not have them! I have been searching for MONTHS for new figures to buy and have seen, maybe, 3. If you tell me stores have not been ordering, then why isn't your OWN site overflowing with figures?

I, I, ... words fail me here...

Indy's Fist

The bottomline is that Hasbro's distributions sucks! I was so excited about Indy figures and now the line is all but done. I'm gonna stop collecting all together it's just too damn frustrating! I wish that there were as many of the 4" figures as there are "adventure heroes". Every store I go to are just filled with the "adventure heroes".

NickTurner

If anyone is interested, Entertainment Earth is showing the Wave 3 case In Stock right now. $89.99 for 12 figures. Ain't bad, except half will be dups!

This seems to be the best case for LC as it has all six figures, though why on earth Hasbro includes 2 Young Indys and 2 Grail knights is beyond me. What I want is another Vogel to repaint black and another Henry for customizing/sidecar whatever. Why two totally non army building or customize friendly? LC didn't have 2 knights! How DO they make their decisions?

phantom train

I was lucky enough to pick up a Dr. Henry Jones figure @ Target recently - this is the only time I've seen this figure. Good paint apps., and I really like the accessories (hat, briefcase, umbrella, glasses, etc.).
I think these accessories will be missing in the forthcoming IJ Battlepack with this figure that will be out soon, so it was great to get this carded.

Out of all of the LC wave, it seems like Elsa and Vogel are the hardest to find - I've never seen either of these figures anywhere.

kevblee

Funny, I just found my first of the LC wave at Target......all they had was one VOGEL. I have been finding tons of this wave at Walmart....but this was the first I have seen any at Target, and a tough one to boot!

Marty Jones

kevblee said:
Funny, I just found my first of the LC wave at Target......all they had was one VOGEL. I have been finding tons of this wave at Walmart....but this was the first I have seen any at Target, and a tough one to boot!

That is funny. My Target has yet to re-stock since May (I'm dead serious). They've only stocked the shelves twice - once initially and a second time a few weeks later. Couple that with their insane prices and it's no wonder I don't stop there much anymore. Don't get me wrong - I'd gladly pay 2-3 times as much per figure if I could buy them in person and the paint apps were perfect, but all they've got are wave 1 pegwarmers.

Montana Smith

Something just occurred to me.

On Wednesday 17th December 2008 I went into a Woolworths store and headed for the toy aisle. At the time I had little interest in the Indy figures, since Indiana Jones himself was off my scope of interest.

For some reason I was drawn to The Last Crusade Tank Showdown set.

targetlcrusade1.JPG

Seeing as this was a Target exclusive in the US, I presume this was a Woolworths exclusive in the UK (like the soft covered truck).

I bought it, but within ten minutes I was wondering why. So I returned it and got my money back.

When I got home I heard it on the news. Woolworths had announced it was closing down. It was a shock, but at the same time I thought I'd had a lucky esape. I'd returned the set just in time!

It wasn't until sometime later, when the Hasbro line was being discounted, that I actually gained an avid interest in scooping up every figure and accessory. Only then did I wonder whether I should have kept that Last Crusade set. Though, really, it was only a bit of cardboard supporting some repeated figures.