Hardest level in ET?

Dyre Straits

Originally posted by Coldfyre .....
That's a good reason to get the PS2 version. Using a controller is a LOT easier than using a keyboard. I never had any problems with the controls through the whole game. Von Beck's Revenge is hard enough with a controller... doing it with a keyboard must be suicide! [/B]

Actually, I'm very adept at using the keyboard and mouse. In fact, I actually tried using my Wingman Rumble Controller and the default view in the game was HORRIBLE. It was set to look almost straight down onto Indy's hat. (Probably more like a 75 degree angle and you couldn't see at all anything where he was going. It was all floor or ground.) But, anyway, I have no trouble with the keyboard/mouse controls as I play a LOT of games that way.

Canyon

<small>Von</small>

lv9-29.jpg

Becks

lv9-32.jpg

<big>Revenge!!!</big> :mad:

lv9-34.jpg

Although the hardest thing of all was watching Mei Ying run her hands tenderly across Indy's face...

lv8-38.jpg

<big>Aaarrgghhhh!!!!</big>
angry-smiley-053.gif

<small>Jealous, moi?</small>

Yolegoman

I don't think I can say that Von Becks Revenge was the hardest... it was quite fun, really. Maybe I'm just really good at gaming, which I find unlikely as this is the first 3rd person game I've EVER played, and only the third real video game I have ever owned (The other 2 being Rogue Squadron and Delta Force 2) so I dunno. I doubt it took me more then 2 hours to complete, all told. :D Not exactly what I call "Throw out the window I hate this game!" Unless I have exceptional patience or something, I dunno, as stated.

Uhm, the hardest... Ah! I hated the one in Istanbul with the Wine Coins... that took me longer to solve then Von Beck! Ugh I hate that level... and thank you lucasarts for not hiding a artifact in that level I had to go back for. :)

Oh, and Canyon, I hope you've never pushed the 'use' button next to Mei Ying in the Emperor's Tomb...

:p

Yolegoman

Canyon

Yolegoman said:
Oh, and Canyon, I hope you've never pushed the 'use' button next to Mei Ying in the Emperor's Tomb...

:p

Yolegoman [/B]

I take it you're refering to if Indy gets to close to Mei Ying...

"Don't get fresh with me. Remember, we have a job to do..." :mad:

Yolegoman

That was what I was referring too! :) There's about 5 of those, all told. Cracks me up.

And I've beaten Von Beck about 5 times now. Ooh that level is fun. :)

Yolegoman

Canyon

I played some Indy and Mei Ying levels last night and I heard this one:

"I thought you were supposed to be.....some kind of world famous Archaeologist!"

I almost expected Indy to reply to that one! :p

Yolegoman

Just keep hitting that Action key and go through them all...

*Shakes head* I hope some script writer got paid a lot of dough.

Another funny thing that happened yesterday, I was playing the Path of Unseen Peril, and a Triad (real one, not undead version) kicked Mei Ying over the edge into the falls. 'fore I could blink, she was somehow back in the action... how do you do a ninja flip off of water? :p

Yolegoman

omega5ooo

Dyre Straits said:
Actually, I'm very adept at using the keyboard and mouse. In fact, I actually tried using my Wingman Rumble Controller and the default view in the game was HORRIBLE. It was set to look almost straight down onto Indy's hat. (Probably more like a 75 degree angle and you couldn't see at all anything where he was going. It was all floor or ground.) But, anyway, I have no trouble with the keyboard/mouse controls as I play a LOT of games that way.

I used ...erm... TRIED to use the WingmanForce 3D joystick and the view was... horrible!!! I couldn't see where I was going cuz the camera was between Indy's left side and back and down on the floor.