Twilight by Stephenie Meyer...

PokeSonicIndy

...is a terrible book. And this is coming from a 14-year-old girl (me). I don't think anyone here ever made a Twilight thread yet so I decided to do so. (I don't know if this has already been done.) I don't know how to start this so I'll start a little story on me and Twilight.

My mom was a Twilight fan (she's not a Twilight Fan anymore). She was suggested that she read the Twilight series and she got into it. I remember when I first saw the Twilight Movie I didn't have an opinion about it because I'm not good at seeing how good or bad a movie is. Looking back I remember that most of the characters had almost no emotion and it was boring.

When mom suggested I read Twilight I decided to give it a try. I remember when reading it I never got past a few pages because the book was boring and was poorly-written to me. So to me the book was terrible.

I tend to search on DeviantArt on why Twilight sucks and I found these there that do the explaining better:

http://watisdisidonteven.deviantart.com/journal/Why-Twilight-sucks-some-big-wang-222904667

http://heldupintheair.deviantart.com/art/Top-Ten-Why-Twilight-sucks-172341389

http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=Why Twilight Sucks&order=9&offset=24#/d22shob

http://snowcone666.deviantart.com/art/Stephenie-Meyer-Sucks-Part-1-120283528

http://snowcone666.deviantart.com/art/Stephenie-Meyer-Sucks-Part-2-121062520

There's even an anti-twilight site located here: http://tsdcv3.proboards.com/index.cgi

If I have any opinion about Stephenie Meyer is that she is a wuss and acts like a child. My only evidence is

1. I read somewhere that Stephenie Meyer is too chicken to read Stephen King. I am reading a Stephen King book (it's called Everything's Eventual: 14 Dark Tales) and I love it.

2. She refused to finish her other book Midnight Sun (from Edward Cullen's POV) because the first 12 chapters were leaked. She refused to continue working on Midnight Sun because it was: "a huge violation of my rights as an author, not to mention me as a human being."

Leaks happen. Leaks are illegal and wrong but that doesn't mean you should quit on what you're working on. She also went on to say:

"Writing isn't like math; in math, two plus two always equals four no matter what your mood is like. With writing, the way you feel changes everything. If I tried to write Midnight Sun now, in my current frame of mind, James would probably win and all the Cullens would die, which wouldn't dovetail too well with the original story."

So Raveners, what would you like to say?

IndyJoey

Oh my god.... An Indy fan that is 14 years old (My age as of today) and one that is female?!?! Is this a dream? Anyways, my sister is a huge fan of twilight, but honestly they **** me off.... i think they are way too overrated... She tried to get me to read the books once... i read maybe 100 pages then said "screw this" and gave the book back to her... they really do suck... i hate the "storyline" which is nonexistent...

Montana Smith

All I know about this series is that a few months ago I saw a stand full of DVDs in a supermarket for a movie called Twilight: Breaking Wind.

fenris

The only vampire novels I ever read were Anne Rice's novels... Liked the plot and how it was written, but I just hated how she portrayed vampires as being almost gay.

Twilight just made the vampire genre gay-er! Sparkling vampires???!!! WTF??!!

If it wasn't for my wife and daughter I probably would've never watched it.

Finn

Staff member
As a librarian, I can say that a 14-year-old girl who walks in and says that the Twilight series suck is a genuine rarity.

Now, all you have to do is to find something to dig in this thread and you'll be ever popular with the guys.

Nurhachi1991

Twilight's funny though... all those bropires and browolfs chugging monster energy drinks while listening to Nickelback!

Come at me BRO!

The Drifter

Never read one word from any of the novels, nor have I seen one second from any of the films. But, I don't go around hating on them. If some people enjoy sparkling A-sexual vampires and werewolves, who am I to judge them. I have a tattoo of a Depression Era pulp hero on my body, for goodness sake!

Stoo

PokeSonicIndy said:
I don't think anyone here ever made a Twilight thread yet so I decided to do so. (I don't know if this has already been done.)
Actually, there are some other threads. Yours would fit nicely with the 2nd one:

Twilight
Who else thinks Twilight sucks?
Finn said:
As a librarian, I can say that a 14-year-old girl who walks in and says that the Twilight series suck is a genuine rarity.
It appears that PokeSonicIndy has a few things in common with the Ravenette, Meerkat.

Finn

Staff member
Stoo said:
TBH, those two seem to be more about the movies and other extended media. This has been at least thus far more or less about the books.

So a new thread is warranted in this case, it's always a good thing to show your level of civilization from time to time with a healthy discussion about literature.
(And my profession has nothing to do with this statement.)

Stoo

Finn said:
TBH, those two seem to be more about the movies and other extended media. This has been at least thus far more or less about the books.
Nurhachi's thread in the FILMS section deals solely with the movie and tiny bits about the novels. Meerkat's "sucks" thread in the OPEN DISCUSSION section contains much talk about the books (and some about Stephenie Meyer). In this thread here, 4 out of the 6 previous replies mention the movies...and here comes another one:

I watched about 10 minutes of a "Twilight" movie. It was a fight scene with CG werewolves (they could run faster than the $6,000,000 Dollar Man) and it was such crap that I switched to another channel.:sick:(n)
Finn said:
So a new thread is warranted in this case,...
Nonsense. For example: Sherlock Holmes has his own, general purpose thread (films, books, TV shows) in the FILMS section so why does "Twilight" deserve 3 seperate threads?:confused: Three threads on a subject that the overwhelming majority of particpants doesn't like. Woo-HOO! Way to go, Raven!
Pale Horse said:
I should close and burn this thread on general principle.
Heh-heh. Agreed, Pale Horse, but for the sake of PokeSonic (& Finn), a merge would be the more diplomatic avenue to to take. (Less clutter whilst preserving PokeSonic's initial post.);)

Finn

Staff member
Pale Horse said:
I should close and burn this thread on general principle.
That works for me, too.

Stoo said:
Nonsense. For example: Sherlock Holmes has his own, general purpose thread (films, books, TV shows) in the FILMS section so why does "Twilight" deserve 3 seperate threads?:confused: Three threads on a subject that the overwhelming majority of particpants doesn't like. Woo-HOO! Way to go, Raven!
Stoo, my man, I hate doing this to you, but...

Huh, did I turn for a second here and somebody made you a mod in the meanwhile?

...right, thought so.

Stoo

Finn said:
That works for me, too.
Why?:confused: PokeSonic spent time & effort composing her opening post. Merging this thread would be much better than extinguishing it.
Finn said:
Stoo, my man, I hate doing this to you, but...

Huh, did I turn for a second here and somebody made you a mod in the meanwhile?
That's a negative, Finn. It started as a simple suggestion to help streamline The Raven (and no different from merge suggestions in the past, which have been done before without any problem).

Hey, if you mods are going to stand srong as champions for "Twilight" crapola clutter, then so be it!:p

------
On-Topic: The 10 minutes of the "Twilight" movie that I saw, SUCKED!:sick:

Finn

Staff member
Stoo said:
Why?:confused: PokeSonic spent time & effort composing her opening post. Merging this thread would be much better than extinguishing it.
Unlike you, Horsie is a mod. We don't disagree with each other in public. It's a principle.

Stoo said:
Hey, if you mods are going to stand srong as champions for "Twilight" crapola clutter, then so be it!
Last time I checked, this wasn't a pro-Twilight thread... one has to look far and wide to see any champions here.

And besides... 3 anti-Twilight threads > 1 anti-Twilight thread. It's a simple equation, see?

Stoo

Finn said:
Unlike you, Horsie is a mod. We don't disagree with each other in public. It's a principle.
No, I'm not a mod. I'm simply an Indy Fan.
Finn said:
Last time I checked, this wasn't a pro-Twilight thread... one has to look far and wide to see any champions here.
Twilight/Schmilight...you are championing the EXISTENCE of this very thread.
Finn said:
And besides... 3 anti-Twilight threads > 1 anti-Twilight thread. It's a simple equation, see?
A pathetic, retarded equation.:rolleyes: Finn, you are a STUBBORN MULE!:p

mule.jpg

Finn

Staff member
Stoo said:
Twilight/Schmilight...you are championing the EXISTENCE of this very thread.
If I'm championing anything, it's the girl's right to have her say. Having an agreeable viewpoint undeniably helps in that.

Stoo said:
A pathetic, retarded equation.
Unless you can somehow elaborate this claim, sir, I suggest you don't present your opinions with such factual tone.

Stoo said:
Finn, you are a STUBBORN MULE!
I oughta ban you for that, you know. Reason: Insulting every mule on this Earth.

<As an extra, I'll throw you a free piece of witty comeback to use for the next round: "Your mom was.">

Stoo

Nurhachi1991 said:
Yeah I started the first Twilight thread -_-

WHY
Only YOU can answer that, 'Hachi!:p
Finn said:
If I'm championing anything, it's the girl's right to have her say. Having an agreeable viewpoint undeniably helps in that.

Unless you can somehow elaborate this claim, sir, I suggest you don't present your opinions with such factual tone.

I oughta ban you for that, you know. Reason: Insulting every mule on this Earth.

--- hidden ---
As an extra, I'll throw you a free piece of witty comeback to use for the next round: "Your mom was."
HAVE IT YOUR WAY, Finn!:D (Please watch the whole video.)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FkY2hRCb0PQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

P.S. Healthy discussion about literature..."Twilight" sucks!

Nurhachi1991

I hate Twilight even more because it makes me think of the time I took a beautiful girl to see it and we made out the entire movie and now she hates me -_- sigh :rolleyes:

Finn

Staff member
Nurhachi1991 said:
I hate Twilight even more because it makes me think of the time I took a beautiful girl to see it and we made out the entire movie and now she hates me -_- sigh
Must have been a tough break for her when she found out you didn't glitter in sunlight.