Iron Man

xVendetta17x

The Man said:
The film that's hogged Indy's limelight thus has recieved...wait for it...three stars. Out of five...

http://www.empireonline.com/reviews/reviewcomplete.asp?FID=9756

Just another so-so comic book adap? Probably. The above review reads almost exactly like what they wrote about Spider-man 3 this time last year: they want to like it far more than they actually do.

It's not bad 3/5
Critics didn't like Transformers and I loved it
I still have hopes for Iron Man

Shortie

I've been hearing more positive reviews than negative. I'll be seeing this opening day, the first ever for me. Indy will be 2nd.

Michael24

Can't wait for next Friday. I'm gonna try to catch up with The Forbidden Kingdom this weekend, that way the next few weeks are wide open for Iron Man until May 22 when this other little movie whose title I've forgotten at the moment opens. ;)

RelicHunter

kongisking said:
God, I can't wait! That trailer kicks A.S.S. with a capital COOL! The hell with Dark Knight, this looks awesome! I hope they eventually do a movie about the "Mask in the Iron Man" story arc! :cool:

Ah, May 2008...Indy, Stark, Batman (is that in May?); next summer is going to be moviegoer-heaven. (y)

By the way: are any of you going to buy the Transformers DVD? :cool: (y) :D (Yes, I know that's off-topic, but I'm just curious.

The hell with the dark knight? Iron man looks like A** compared to the Dark knight. Heath ledger as the joker, nothing in Iron Man can come close. And Robert Downey Jr couldn't wash Christian bales jock!

RelicHunter

Joe Brody said:
. . . and have you watched Laurel Canyon?

Bale has had one good performance. One.

Once again Heath Ledger as the Joker. PERIOD!

as far as acting goes bale has been good in all of his roles, that doesn't mean the entire film was good.

Michael24

I so far haven't been that impressed with Ledger as Joker from what I've seen. Maybe the film itself will prove me wrong, but from the pictures/footage of him, I'm not too sure.

And Downey is a very solid actor.

agentsands77

Ledger looks like the definitive Joker to me (and I say that as a lifelong Batman fanboy).

As far as IRON MAN is concerned, I just can't get excited for it. And this recent string of "it's good, but not great" reviews don't really do much to get me going. It just seems like the typical superhero hijinks, not anything that's really doing anything interesting or innovative with the genre or character.

At this stage in the game, the superhero genre is feeling pretty overdone, so filmmakers really have to go the extra mile to establish that what they're serving up really brings something unique and fresh to the table. I don't see that here.

Michael24

Reviews never sway me one way or the other. I just see what I think looks entertaining, and Iron Man just looks like a fun time, which is all that matters to me.

As for the Joker, I'm hoping The Dark Knight can prove me wrong. I greatly disliked Batman Begins, so as far as I'm concerned, The Dark Knight can only be an improvement, so I'm hoping it can finally win me over to this new franchise. But in the teaser, the new Joker just seems so out-of-place with the rest of the film. But I may still even see it in the theater if the final trailer is convincing enough. :)

agentsands77

Michael24 said:
Reviews never sway me one way or the other. I just see what I think looks entertaining, and Iron Man just looks like a fun time, which is all that matters to me.
I try to see what I feel is genuinely worth my time. If it's only going to be marginally entertaining and little else, it can wait for DVD, as I think I will do with IRON MAN.

Michael24 said:
I greatly disliked Batman Begins,
Why? I thought it was an excellent treatment of the character, one that I'd been looking for ever since I read the classic BATMAN: YEAR ONE.

Michael24

I'll avoid the details for the sake of trying to not take the thread too far off-topic, but I was just ultimately bored with the movie. I didn't care for the "real world" approach Christopher Nolan wanted to take with the film, I thought the story was a little too unfocused and cluttered (the same problem I had with the last two Batman movies), and I didn't really care for Christian Bale. Fine actor to be sure, I just didn't like him as Batman. Gary Oldman and Michael Cane were just about the only elements of the film I liked. If I'd gone by myself to the theater, I might have caved into the urge to leave midway through and go see something else.

RelicHunter

Michael24 said:

As for the Joker, I'm hoping The Dark Knight can prove me wrong. I greatly disliked Batman Begins, so as far as I'm concerned, The Dark Knight can only be an improvement, so I'm hoping it can finally win me over to this new franchise. But in the teaser, the new Joker just seems so out-of-place with the rest of the film. But I may still even see it in the theater if the final trailer is convincing enough. :)

Batman Begins is what it is! It is the start of Batman, its not supposed to be real exciting. In my oponion it is the best Batman to date. Everyone needs to take a look at some comics on the Joker like, "The man who laughs". Heath Ledger has the Joker right on. He is what the Joker always was supposed to be. Forget this jack Joker impression.

G-Man

Just seen Iron Man tonight, no Indy trailer :(

It's pretty enjoyable, bit better than Total Film or Empire reckon, but definitely not as good as AICN seem to think. It's fun, Downey Jr is great, but ultimately pretty forgettable... 7/10

Bring on Indy and Dark Knight...

Mutt Williams

Nick Fury:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjBiVZ2uoeA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjBiVZ2uoeA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

nzlc

Its cool as!and stay after the credits!!!!I didnt but its online now the easter egg!samuel l jackson as nick fury wow

Lord_glavin

I really enjoyed this film

my favourite line, the last line in the movie

seriously, it made the entire movie for me