Rest In Peace, [Insert Name Here]

Patrice O?Neal, Dies at 41

A funny, funny guy...

Patrice O’Neal, a stand-up comedian who boisterously took on controversial topics like race, AIDS and his own struggle with diabetes, died on Tuesday.

ONEAL-obit-popup-v2.jpg

He died in a hospital in the New York City area from complications of a stroke he suffered on Oct. 19, his agent, Matt Frost, said.

“See, I’ve got to lose weight now to stay alive, and that’s not enough motivation for me,” Mr. O’Neal said in one of his television specials on Comedy Central.

At 6-foot-4 and about 300 pounds, Mr. O’Neal commanded the stage with not only his bulk but also his confrontational style. He was loud and unpredictable, frequently veering away from prepared material with a curse-laden segue.

Mr. O’Neal’s reputation for brash honesty led many to call him a comic’s comic. He could alienate audiences and celebrities alike, both of whom he mocked relentlessly.

He was quick to dismiss his detractors. “Liars don’t like me,” he told Punchline magazine, which covers the comedy world. “They don’t want to be given anything straight.”

You might have seen him as a "Roaster" on the Charlie Sheen Roast. They just rebroadcast one of his 1/2 hour standup shows on HBO's One Night Stand.

Crafty bastard.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PVUW5XkDsgQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Pale Horse

Staff member
Montana Smith said:
The Raven: first choice for obituaries.

If they're not here, they're not dead.

Wait...you're here, I'm here...The future of the Indiana Jones franchise is here...what are you saying?

Montana Smith

Pale Horse said:
Wait...you're here, I'm here...The future of the Indiana Jones franchise is here...what are you saying?

None of the above have their obituaries written here yet. Take that as a good sign, even if you can't see your breath on a mirror. ;)

Montana Smith

Joe Brody said:
. . .and then we reboot and climb out of the crypt?

...and behold, Indy emerges as a much younger man, looking very much like his son.

By George! The Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost - it is Mutt! :eek:

Indy is :dead:.

Montana Smith said:
Indy is :dead:.

HA!

You guys are gonna eat your words, BIG TIME!

The boulder's rolling the ground is shaking...Indy V in on it's way and when it gets here I'm going to point and laugh at you like Jim Carrey mocking Mike Starr with a mouthfull of death!

Last edited:

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
HA!

You guys are gonna eat your words, BIG TIME!

The boulder's rolling the ground is shaking...Indy V in on it's way and when it gets here I'm going to point and laugh at you like Jim Carrey mocking Mike Starr with a mouthfull of death!

When Indy 5 comes we'll be pointing and laughing at its lovers and haters! :p

WilliamBoyd8

Actor Bill McKinney, age 80, RIP

Actor Bill McKinney, perhaps best known for his role in 1972's "Deliverance," died on Thursday, CNN has confirmed.

Mckinney's chilling mountain man in "Deliverance" is one of his most memorable roles, particularly the "squeal like a pig" line he utters in the scene in which he assaults Ned Beatty. Entertainment Weekly calls it "one of the most unsettling scenes ever put on film."

Mckinney is credited in more than 100 films, including a number of Clint Eastwood projects, such as 1976's "The Outlaw Josey Wales."

WilliamBoyd8 said:
Actor Bill McKinney, age 80, RIP

Actor Bill McKinney, perhaps best known for his role in 1972's "Deliverance," died on Thursday, CNN has confirmed.

Mckinney is credited in more than 100 films, including a number of Clint Eastwood projects, such as 1976's "The Outlaw Josey Wales."
Have First Blood on in the background and he's on screen right now...

Stoo

Rocket Surgeon said:
Blink and you'll miss him, but he's the State Police Captain in the tent when Trautman first shows up...
The TV broadcast version of "First Blood" has A LOT of extra footage of the field headquarters scenes so it's possible he has more screen time (and possibly some dialogue).

Goonie said:
RIP Harry Morgan, M*A*S*H's Col. Sherman Potter.

One addition to the show I did like...odd, I was watching the film over the weekend. Maybe I'll watch "A Girl Thing" this weekend and see what happens.

Part of my Childhood:

Support Your Local Gunfighter!
The Apple Dumpling Gang
The Cat from Outer Space
Dragnet