Cité de la Foudre

Stoo

Cité de la Foudre - TRANSLATED (Part 10 of 10)

Jeremiah Jones said:
Bang, and Indy shoots a tiger... not very in character is it?
The Cairo Swordsman's wife would probably disagree...:p Anyway, Indy is on a tiger hunt AND it's pouncing on him!:gun:
I find the most out-of-character trait in this story is his lack of fear in front of the snake. He even leans up close and talks to it!?:confused:(n)

DIrishB said:
Only a few more pages to go! Guess I better get started on the scans for the third book.
Don't worry D, I'm in no rush. Whenever you have time.:hat: The "Grimoire" cover would suffice for the time being since it'll be the most time consuming (of all 3). I only have a 300px image. The one thing I ask is that all the pages be the same size/res. (For this "Foudre" project, the difference between your and Icybro's pages was something that had to be dealt with. Not that it was a big problem but the end result will be better if each source page is the same. Since yours were the higher-res, this isn't a complaint.;))

Then, after "Le Grimoire Maudit" we can revisit "Secret de la Pyramide" and do that properly, too!

To make this complete, the only things left to add are the supplemental pages (text/photos/illustrations/etc.) from the Shell version (I don't know what other pages the Bagheera/Renault versions contain). Is Rob Dangerous still out there? Anyone feel like compiling all the final pages into a .PDF document? (Yes, I know certain parts are still a bit clunky but we did our best without straying too far from the original text.)

FINAL CHAPTER

CiteFoudre_42_ENG.jpg

CiteFoudre_43_ENG.jpg

CiteFoudre_44_ENG.jpg

CiteFoudre_45_ENG.jpg

CiteFoudre_46_ENG.jpg

FIN

DIrishB

Stoo said:
Don't worry D, I'm in no rush. Whenever you have time.:hat: The "Grimoire" cover would suffice for the time being since it'll be the most time consuming (of all 3). I only have a 300px image. The one thing I ask is that all the pages be the same size/res. (For this "Foudre" project, the difference between your and Icybro's pages was something that had to be dealt with. Not that it was a big problem but the end result will be better if each source page is the same. Since yours were the higher-res, this isn't a complaint.;))

Cool, I get that over to you in the next few days.

Then, after "Le Grimoire Maudit" we can revisit "Secret de la Pyramide" and do that properly, too!

Definitely...it'll look so much better!

To make this complete, the only things left to add are the supplemental pages (text/photos/illustrations/etc.) from the Shell version (I don't know what other pages the Bagheera/Renault versions contain).

I'll double check the Bagheera versions.

Indyologist

Some examples of bharatha-natyam dancing:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9Sr5o-ctn-k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9Sr5o-ctn-k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

DIrishB

Moedred said:
I like the zip file Rob made with of last one... don't know how to do it though.

I'm not sure how to either, but if I'm not mistaken I think he's planning to do the same with both Cite de la Foudre and the Grimoire Maudit comics (GM is currently being translated).

Speaking of which, I need to send Stoo some more scans.

Stoo

Hey, Rob. For "Secret de la Pyramide" you collated them all into a multi-paged .PDF document before zipping them. I can do it but feel my part is done so if you have the time, then please, be my guest!:) (There are still a few extra pages that I haven't posted but they're not very important.)

Jono11

Stoo said:
Hey, Rob. For "Secret de la Pyramide" you collated them all into a multi-paged .PDF document before zipping them. I can do it but feel my part is done so if you have the time, then please, be my guest! (There are still a few extra pages that I haven't posted but they're not very important.)
Just thought I'd chime in on this: another common way of distributing computer-viewable comics is to compile them into a .cbr file. You just make sure the pages are alphabetically named. Then make sure you have WinRAR installed. Then highlight the images, right-click on them, and select "Add to archive..." Name the file whatever you want, but be sure to name it "XXXXXX.cbr," rather than "XXXXXX.rar." Install CDisplay, which you can find by Googling "CDisplay," and you have an easily viewable comic book.

Stoo

*BUMP*

Just noticed for the 1st time that "Cité de la Foudre" gets a reference in the DK "Ultimate Guide" timeline!(y) I wonder if there are any other nods to the Bagheera comics in the book.

1930: ...aboard a Calcutta-bound train, Indy discovers that Thuggee cultists are using the ancient "City of Lightning" as headquarters from which to overthrow the English colonials and to sabotage Gandhi's plans for peaceful revolution.

Lao_Che

Jeremiah Jones said:
Bang, and Indy shoots a tiger... not very in character is it?

Y'know, Indy was friends with a Prince Kasim Kahn in 1914 that got turned into a were-tiger... :gun: :dead: :eek: