Welcome to the Indy 5 forum!

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome the The Raven's latest forum. You - and the filmmakers - have been discussing Indy 5 for years, and those threads can be found here. If we missed one, let us know!

Speculation about Indy's possible small screen future excluding video games (animated series, motion capture series, live action series, webisodes, holiday special) still belongs in the General Indiana Jones Discussion.

IAdventurer01

You know, I have a T-Shirt that reads: FINALLY! May 22, 2008.
I kind of want one that reads FINALLY! August 11, 2010.

Seriously, I thought this forum would be created a while ago. :rolleyes:

But, it's here now, so yay! (y)

Mungi

When I saw that it got its own forum, I thought there must be a good reason for that - good news that it's moving forward or something like that - but, well, that was just wishthinking.

EddyW

I just want to say that it's a great idea to make an Indiana Jones 5 subforum! Even in times like these, when news is scarce, it gives me the feeling there's still progression. Plus, this way Lucas and Spielberg might feel some more pressure to hurry up. Hooray for the Raven! (y)

Johnny Nys

Yeah, didn't it take till the official announcement that filming had begun for the "Indy 4" subforum to be created?

Hey, why did this happen? I hope administrators weren't just getting tired of people starting new Indy 5-related threads outside of the general discussion one. That's setting a dangerous precedent ;)

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Johnny Nys said:
Yeah, didn't it take till the official announcement that filming had begun for the "Indy 4" subforum to be created?

No, long beforehand, just about as old as the forum itself, back at the turn of the century. But there was a decade full of news and rumors and even scripts in that timeframe, so that made sense.

XanaduEli

Now, I have been awake since half 7, and I have been on the computer all day,(it's been raining outside) and Been looking at the Raven every so often,for the past 13 hours.

And I have only just noticed this forum now. :p
I won't be thick like this for long, i'll be back at school next week

Any way, I am glad there is a forum for this, it saves cluttering up the general Indy forum with things on Indy 5.(y)

Dr.Sartorius

Ahhhh.....Did we just get an Indy 5 announcement or something? Otherwise why create a forum for a movie that may not happen?:confused:

IAdventurer01

Dr.Sartorius said:
Ahhhh.....Did we just get an Indy 5 announcement or something? Otherwise why create a forum for a movie that may not happen?:confused:

It's a frequent, specific, yet varied, topic of discussion. That seems to me to be the only requirement needed to have a forum.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Dr.Sartorius said:

My answer? Because the speculation before we had any real knowledge of the fourth film was in many respects more thrilling than the film itself.

Although IAdventurer01's got it just about right too.

Finn

Staff member
Dr.Sartorius said:
That's what I asked myself 10 years ago when I first discovered The Raven and a section called "Indy 4" was right there where it is now, second from the top.

For the first seven years, it was kind of depressing, really.

Montana Smith

Lance Quazar said:
^I think it'll be even more depressing in a few years when it's obviously no Indy 5 will ever be made.

:)

pope-vader-i-find-your-lack-of-faith-disturbing.jpg

:D

And this message comes from a confirmed cynic. I have a feeling that we will wish Indy V was never made. What we hope will be an apology for failing to hit all the marks in KOTCS, may be another nail in poor old Indy's coffin.

But, to mis-quote from Monty Python, "Always [try] look on the bright side."

;)

Dr.Sartorius

I don't have much hope considering Harrison will be about 70 when they start rolling. But if anyone can pull it off its Harrison. He proved he could still play Indy at 65 so we'll see...

Hanselation

Lance Quazar said:
^I think it'll be even more depressing in a few years when it's obviously no Indy 5 will ever be made.

:)

Not years, only a few month will be left, before it'll be even more depressing.

Paden

Attila the Professor said:
My answer? Because the speculation before we had any real knowledge of the fourth film was in many respects more thrilling than the film itself.
Absolutely. I can honestly say that I enjoyed many of the dramatic possibilities that were put forth on these forums far more than my first viewing of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. In my mind, some of the ideas that have been discussed here would have made far better films than the one we finally got.

When I saw an Indy 5 sub-forum I assumed there must have been some big breaking news and was excited. Oh well, I still think Indy 5 has a decent chance of being made, even for filming to take place next summer. I know one of the scriptwriters said in an article "we are not planning filming next year" but that was in response to false gossip stating it was going to be filmed next year as a point of fact. So that statement should not be taken to mean filming will not take place next year but rather that nothing is definitive.

That being said if filming will take place next year the official word would have to come before the end of the year. KOTCS got the official word out of a green light a few days after Christmas 2006 if I recall.

Cowboys and aliens could be seen as a dress rehearsal for Indy 5 proving he still has it, if he can pull of playing a cowboy at 68 years old in that movie he could pull of playing Indiana Jones at 69 years old next year.