Cracked articles pick apart Indiana Jones

lao che & sons said:
Thanks that's such a relief!:p
Hoe precious.

Its remarkable how "real" it can all seem sometimes.

Isn't it amazing to consider something like this finally made it to the net? How timely...

It was pretty unforgiving with the whole racism subject...not considering context.

Bury the source for a few years and who knows? Maybe those bits will be worth something.

Last edited:

Lance Quazar

Cracked is friggin' hilarious. Been loving that site for years.

These are priceless. Somehow I missed the first one last year.

Thanks for linkin'!!!

Montana Smith

Lonsome_Drifter said:
5 Amazing Things Invented by Donald Duck

I never knew about number four is this list

I've read about number four here at The Raven, but it's still amazing to think that such a recognizable part of cinematic history appears to have come from Scrooge McDuck!

Montana Smith

The Drifter said:

Hmmm, Indy's being misrepresented here. They make him sound almost as dangerous as Michael Jackson.

He does have a thing for young women -- Marion was in her teens when Indy did her, which kind of puts the "female student who has a crush on him" thing in the third film in a new light.

The "third" film?

It's not like Indiana just walks around endangering random little kids he finds on the street!

Oh ... right. Short Round.

Indy was innocent here. It was the kid who molested him!

Temple is a prequel -- it takes place one year before Raiders, so in the span of one year, Short Round basically disappears. Where did he go? Seriously, what the hell happened to Short Round? Did Indy forget to refill his water dish before going on vacation or something?

It's simple. Indy ditched Shorty at the first opportunity. Who wouldn't?

Crack that whip

The Drifter said:

That's a nice overview, although Drew Struzan didn't do the E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial poster (I believe that one's a publicity photo composite done by ILM mimicking one of their more famous shots from the movie) or the Blade Runner one (that one's by another legendary poster artist, the late great John Alvin) that they credit him with.

Crack that whip said:
That's a nice overview, although Drew Struzan didn't do the E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial poster (I believe that one's a publicity photo composite done by ILM mimicking one of their more famous shots from the movie) or the Blade Runner one (that one's by another legendary poster artist, the late great John Alvin) that they credit him with.

Quite right. Though he did do, and this is what I assume they meant to show, the DVD cover art for the Super Fantastic Ultimate Definitive Deluxe Special Edition Box Set Extraordinaire.