Any way to tie JFK assassination in and make it work?

Raiders90

If aliens were the popular mythology of the 50s, JFK assassination conspiracies were definitely the popular mythology of the 60s. Is there any way it could even indirectly be tie in that could work? Say, for example, the bad guys are a consortium of rogue CIA and the Mafia. One d them could drop a line in which implies participation in JFK's murder:

"Our group has done great things for this world, Dr. Jones. Things even you wouldn't believe. We've (insert reference here). We've put kings in power. We've even...killed Presidents"

Udvarnoky

It doesn't sound like Indiana Jones to me. How would you relate a stateside political conspiracy to a globe-trotting adventure involving a supernatural artifact? How does such a plot accommodate scenes of Indy doing archaeology? Where's the exotic locations?

We're coming off of an installment that felt too "domestic" because of a storyline that kept it in the western hemisphere and a production that did not leave the United States. To follow that up with an America-centric story would be the worst possible choice.

Last edited:

Raiders90

Udvarnoky said:
It doesn't sound like Indiana Jones to me. How would you relate a stateside political conspiracy to a globe-trotting adventure involving a supernatural artifact? How does such a plot accommodate scenes of Indy doing archaeology? Where's the exotic locations?

We're coming off of an installment that felt too "domestic" because of a storyline that kept it in the western hemisphere and a production that did not leave the United States. To follow that up with an America-centric story would be the worst possible choice.

It doesn't have to be America centric. Think of the bad guys as an international organization that would've akin to the Illuminati or SPECTRE; a consortium of mutually beneficial business interests. The lead bad guy could be a rogue CIA guy and the secondary baddie a Mafia associate of his. Think Cuba; Africa (Lumumba). The JFK link doesn't have to be central to the story; it could just be implicit in one singular line. Basically it's Indiana Jones vs the Illuminati. The real powers behind the throne in the world. Rogue members of various organizations working together toward a common end.

It would have to be done very carefully. But if you play it right, it could be very Hitchcockian or even noir; with the 1960s being the likely time period it could make for an interesting idea. It would just have to be tweaked, refined. My idea is just a very rough draft.

Kai Hagen

Raiders112390 said:
Say, for example, the bad guys are a consortium of rogue CIA and the Mafia. One d them could drop a line in which implies participation in JFK's murder:

"Our group has done great things for this world, Dr. Jones. Things even you wouldn't believe. We've (insert reference here). We've put kings in power. We've even...killed Presidents"
I don't think the movie producers would dare to take that direction.

Grizzlor

I would hope this final adventure is far, far, off the map if you will. That was still very much possible during the 1960's, and does not dabble in world events.

Forbidden Eye

Just because it takes place in the 1960s doesn't mean it HAS to address it. Including it in the plot anywhere would make it feel like a corny 1960s montage than a story.

I mean, none of the previous films make any direct interactions with historical events outside of maybe Last Crusade with the book burning scene.