New Acquisitions!!

Nurhachi1991

Not a new Acquisation but I tried modifying my Fedora last night to give it that pinch and this is the end product.

DSC00371.jpg

DSC00372.jpg

The sides look bad because the clothspin left an indentation on both sides........

The hat looks bad but its not horrible right?

Lambonius

Nurhachi1991 said:
Not a new Acquisation but I tried modifying my Fedora last night to give it that pinch and this is the end product.

The sides look bad because the clothspin left an indentation on both sides........

The hat looks bad but its not horrible right?

Looks pretty good! I bet a hot iron could get that clothespin mark out. You might also want to curve up the sides of the brim just a bit to give it that Raiders look.

Nurhachi1991

How would I go about using the hot iron? The indentations are pretty deep would i just use steam?

I will curl the sides up thanks for the advice.

thelaw

Finally found Mutt with Motorcycle at Target! Of course, I'd already ordered him from HTS, but how could I pass up 8 bucks?

Lambonius

Nurhachi1991 said:
How would I go about using the hot iron? The indentations are pretty deep would i just use steam?

Well I'm not speaking from experience here, so you'll probably want to hold out for someone better versed in the shaping of felt hats (maybe on the Gear board?) to instruct you on exactly what to do. I would think though, that steaming it with a hot iron would help you to get out any unsightly indentations.

kevblee

Do NOT take a hot iron to your hat! If your hat is made of Fur Felt...not the cheaper wool one,....you can shape it using hot steam. Crease and indent your hat with your hands....then boil some water and hold the hat over , into the steam coming off the pot. Do not burn your hat in the water, or on the stove please. Rotate in the steam...and then let it sit. (If you hat is wool, keep it away from water...it will shrink and deform)

Check out more info at Indygear.com. Good Luck!:whip:

Goonie

I was on a job hunting trip to Calgary the last few days so I couldn't pick up KOTCS on DVD until today. I got the 2-disc lenticular cover one from Walmart to match the rest of the lenticular cover Indy movies I got earlier this year. I guess next week's acquisition will be Indy mag #4.

Crack that whip

In the "collectibles for the ultra-low budget" department, I picked up one of the Papa John's gift cards yesterday. Oh, and a pizza in the Indy box, but as the box is used I won't be keeping it. The gift card is free, though (since you're expected to put money on it). Not a huge deal, but kind of nice all the same (and the price is as good as it gets, anyway)...

JimmyPSHayes said:
Can I ask where you got them? I've been looking for the coloring books and have yet to find them.

Oh... I haven't exactly been looking for coloring books and the like so I haven't kept close track of such things, but FWIW I believe I saw them a while back (a couple / few months) at Dollar General, of all places. Do you have that chain in your area?

indyclone25

Crack that whip said:
In the "collectibles for the ultra-low budget" department, I picked up one of the Papa John's gift cards yesterday. Oh, and a pizza in the Indy box, but as the box is used I won't be keeping it. The gift card is free, though (since you're expected to put money on it). Not a huge deal, but kind of nice all the same (and the price is as good as it gets, anyway)...

Oh... I haven't exactly been looking for coloring books and the like so I haven't kept close track of such things, but FWIW I believe I saw them a while back (a couple / few months) at Dollar General, of all places. Do you have that chain in your area?

if you go in wearing your indy hat they may give you another grease free box, i asked for one and my guy gave me one ( but i went twice since the promo started ) and asked for my son to come so he could see his too

indyclone25

well we (my son and i ) went out hunting today and we found a empty box used for seeling the kotcs trading cards and asked the manager and he gave it us ,then went to meijer to see if they had any new figures but no, but i did get the indy magazine issue #4,and finally we went kaybee toys and found a 12 inch colonel dovchenko with ants on him--- so not the most spectacular day but at least we got some kool stuff
newstuff003.jpg

Crack that whip

After days of contemplating the various options out there (concerning the various vendor exclusives), I just picked up Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull on DVD, with the LEGO Indy mini-posters from Kmart. I almost opted for one of the other exclusives out of my irritation that they used the Raiders of the Lost Ark '82 reissue one-sheet art as the basis for the Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom poster (there's no "real" Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom poster in the set and two Raiders of the Lost Ark ones, but one of them is labeled Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - pretty sloppy error on someone's part), but in the end I still think they're just too neat to pass up, and I'm trying to be fairly completist when it comes to collecting Indy LEGO. The Best Buy Crystal Skull sculpture very nearly won me over, though.

I believe I'll scoop up the Blu-ray from Circuit City, to get the concept art lithos, but the Target book packaging is wonderful. It would easily be the top choice for getting the movie, were it not for the fact the book is an abridgment of a book available elsewhere on its own with a lot more material.

metalinvader

I wanted the Lego posters too but the lack of a real TOD poster really threw me off.I would have loved to have seen Struzan's TOD poster done in Lego form.So how big exactaly are the posters?

Crack that whip

I don't have a ruler handy, but they're almost the size of two DVD cases placed side by side, and then turned on their side. They actually come folded in half, shrinkwrapped to the back of the DVD case, with the outer cardboard sleeve slid over that (the posters are actually shrinkwrapped in their own little package, with a piece of cardboard to help keep them flat, and that package is then shrinkwrapped to the back of the DVD).

They're not very big then, obviously (hence "mini poster), but still nice, though I can see how the lack of a proper Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom poster (or the wrong title on one of the Raiders of the Lost Ark one, if you prefer to put it that way) could be a deal-killer for some (it almost was for me).

It's kind of particularly irksome there's no Temple poster, though, since one of the earliest promotional images for Indy LEGO sets was based on the Bruce Wolfe art for the original Temple style "A" poster, as seen in promo images from a dealer catalog seen in some of the posts (like this one) from fellow Raver fixer79 (thanks, fixer!):

LEGOToD.jpg

Last edited:

indyclone25

i picked an new indy t-shirt from the crackelbarrel resturant , it was 70% off and it cost 5.25--- so i bought two --- nice shirt it says ' the hero returns" and has the indy artwork by struzan which is from the last crusade teaser with the yellow background that indy has now on toys and other collectibles