Every Harrison Ford Movie Ranked

roundshort

From Metacritic -

"While he may be closely identified with just a couple iconic characters who helped define pop culture?namely Han Solo and Indiana Jones?Harrison Ford's body of work stretches far beyond the world of Star Wars and the franchise that started with Raiders of the Lost Ark. With a film career that stretches back to the late 1960s, Ford's filmography is full of hits ... as well as a few movies best left forgotten."

http://www.metacritic.com/pictures/...d=1862572129&nan_pid=1862572129&ad_id=7276427

I have a feeling some (myself included) wont agree...

Finn

Staff member
It's based on a metascore, not any single reviewer's (or some panel's) opinion, so RotLA was pretty much where I expected it to be. The pieces I ranked higher than it made mostly sense.

Despite the aforementioned fact, I still cocked a brow at the ranking between the remaining three IJ films... so that's the second best, critics say? Huh.

Stoo

This article should be called, "Most of Harrison Ford's Movies, Ranked" because it certainly doesn't include EVERY one. There are several missing from the list. (n)

Pale Horse

Staff member
roundshort said:
I have a feeling some (myself included) wont agree...

The fact that they show Mosquito Coast behind Cowboys and Aliens and Enders Game says it all...

IndyBuff

Some of those titles are a bit dubious anyway, given that Ford's role in them was minor to begin with. I'd hardly consider Expendables 3 to make that list, considering he's in it for a grand total of about 10 minutes.

Stoo

Attila the Professor said:
Vulture put out one of these produced by a couple of critics, rather than an algorithm.
Another title that shouldn't have used the word, "Every".

Vulture.com said:
Every Harrison Ford Performance, Ranked
---
Below is our rundown of Ford’s 36 biggest roles, skipping over the really early stuff (like Journey to Shiloh), the utterly forgettable cameos (good-bye forever, Jimmy Hollywood), and his minor work in Apocalypse Now.
Why do these lists leave out "Journey to Shiloh"? (Probably because the writers have never seen it.) He plays one of the main characters and it's certainly a much bigger role than "Expendables 3" or "Anchorman 2". I know it's just a fluff piece but if they're going to include those latter two, then there is no reason to skip over "Apocalypse Now" (or completely ignore "Getting Straight").

Plus, the films of Indy, Han Solo, Rick Deckard and Jack Ryan are bundled together for each character yet there's no mention of "More American Graffiti" when it comes to Bob Falfa.

These articles are fine examples of cheapjack film journalism. (n)

Forbidden Eye

Finn said:
Despite the aforementioned fact, I still cocked a brow at the ranking between the remaining three IJ films... so that's the second best, critics say? Huh.

These website aggregations like Metracritic/RottenTomatoes don't really matter much as numbers can be manipulating and misleading. Still, this is an interesting reminder that a lot of people outside of the Indiana Jones fan-bubble don't realize: Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull was a well recieved movie and well excepted by most for the first two or three weeks or so. It was even on IMDB's Top 250 for a brief time.

Sadly a lot of people don't care THAT much about Indiana Jones, and will sadly have their opinion influenced by something as silly as South Park.

I have a feeling when time passes and people look back on Indy 4 the consensus will be "It's not THAT bad". He'll, even the reputation of Howard The Duck has improved a lot in the past few years.