00Kevin

Indyfan
titlebar.jpg

The Funny thing about this Motto is that Indy-web.com died after like 2 years

funny.....and at the same time.....very very sad

*taps plays in the bg*

00Kevin

Indyfan
yeah it is, I miss that old thing. It use to be as good or better then TRN and the raven, Richiana Jones did a great job, but unfortunitly in 2002 the new webmaster antilla let it go to waste :(

Richiana Jones

Hi.

It's nice to see ppl remember me! 00Kevin, I haven't seen that logo in a VERY long time. About 2 and a half years ago, I tried to recover what was lost when Indy-Web was no more, but to no avail. I got some of the HTML from the server, but all the images and larger pages had been deleted.

I'm now on a personal mission to recover the site, and try to restore it. I had fun with it all those years back, and in hindsight, it may have been better to take Gilles' offer for the site than Antilla's.

Anyway - if anyone out there has ANY of the content and graphics from Indy-Web, can you please posat here, or contact me by email
I'm desperate to get it back together - and I may even try to get the old domain name back too (up for renewal in october this year). Then maybe I can give Gilles' a run for his money just like in the good old days!!! :whip:

Regards

Rich Lawson
aka Richiana Jones!

Unfortunetely, I didn't become a Online Indyfan until 2002. :(
But with a little magic and the help of the Wayback Machine, I can see what the empire known as Indy-Web was all about.

It looked kinda like how TheRaider.net and TheIndyExperience look now, Almost as if it was ahead of it's time...! hmmm.

Last edited:

VP

Moderator Emeritus
I was an online Indyfan back in 1998, but I only visited the Ultimate Indiana Jones site at the International House of Mojo. In the late 2002 I started to surf at other sites and began to expand my website. In February 2003 Finn sent me an email and asked me to join the Raven. The rest is history.

Richiana Jones

I have now!

This is great!!! The only problem is, there is a LOT of information that isn't on there, such as the extensive insight into the comics that I did (I hated doing that part... it took FOREVER) and the toys and collectibles guide by Michael French, as well as the games section.

THE most important bit was the chronology though, because it was the most extensive chronology anywhere on the internet at the time.

I'm going to have a good look at all this little lot, and see what I can do in the way of getting this information back up on the internet. I mean... there is the very FIRST interview with Drew Struzan about his work on Indiana Jones!!! Yep, thats right, we did it first, as well as Max McCoy (but that hasn't been saved either.)

Oh well.

I'd appreciate any other "relics" anyone can dig out from the site. Especially the facelift it gained shortly after I'd gone (cos it was my design).

I've got to say... my design skills at the time were somewhat lacking... you should see some of my more recent work (non indy related of course).

Thanks for the heads up VP!

Regards - Rich

Junior Jones

Hey, Rich! Remember me? I helped out with the Young Indy stuff at Indy-Web.

Sadly, I don't have any archival stuff from Indy-Web due to a hard drive crash a few years ago. I do have a version of the chronology based on the one at Indy-Web. It may not be extensive, but it is inclusive. It's on my fan-fic site at Lost Tales.

Richiana Jones

Hi Phil,

Of course I remember you! The timeline we compiled was the ULTIMATE timeline... started with the burial of the "Ark of the Covenant" and worked right up to the deleted scenes with "Old One Eye"

I've managed to reclaim the timeline though now, so thats one less piece to find. There was the whole games section and comics and books... they were the other two *lengthy* parts to the site.

Hey... is Antilla Still in the community? Maybe he might still have some remnants of the site!

Rich

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Huh, stumbled into a parallel dimension.

Indy-Web.com
October 2000 - February 2002

Note: though it looks familiar, Indy-Web was no rival:
We would like to thank Gilles Verschuere for his constant support throughout the process of building IndyWeb, as well as the advertising and plugging that The Raider has done for us. We would also like to thank this site for being the initial inspiration behind IndyWeb.

Last edited: