Indy Legos!!!

fixer79

ChromiumBlue37 said:
Well, THANK YOU, Fixer! :D I am honored, indeed!
Hopefully we will see GOOD changes to the other three sets - (Hovitos minifig; leg printing and wavy whip on Indy; Marion in a dress; actual Ark and not a "golden chest w/ jewels").

Perfectly welcome, bro! ;)

It'd certainly be cool to have an actual Ark prop instead of the classic LEGO chest. That's a change I'm certainly hoping for too!

Marion's dress on the other hand is somewhat of a problem. The only dresses officially released on minifigs were nothing more than a printed slope brick.
Here's an example of Miss Trelawney's dress in a Hogwarts set from their Harry Potter line:

3678bpx6.1105655233.jpg

(picture by Peeron.com)

So I fear that either they're gonna give Marion a white slope brick as a dress, or they're gonna stick to the classic legs like shown on the preliminary designs...
Having to choose between these two options, I think I'd go for the white legs...

Of course what they could do is design a new dress piece for the Indy line... but I seriously doubt they'd do that...

Niteshade007

I think something like the classic cape that they came out with years ago and still use today would work. A type of slip that would go in between the legs and torso of the figure. Marion's dress is ripped, so they could use yellow legs with white feet for her shoes), and then a white slip that goes over it. It probably won't happen, but it would work.

I just don't like the all white legs thing. I'd prefer the dress that they have now over that.

fixer79

I think those are the same pictures as the ones on the catalogue scan a page back...

fixer79 said:
A new, bigger LEGO Indy catalogue page popped up on Brickshelf.com...

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2756663

Only more saturated maybe... Photoshopped a bit...
I don't see any real difference.

Anyway...Talking about the LEGO Ark/treasure chest in the Truck set...
Look at the center of the 'Lost Tomb' set... Isn't THAT the real LEGO Ark?
If it is, I haven't got a clue why they put something different in the truck...

ChromiumBlue37

Ha ha ha! Good old Fixer!

You noticed that, too? You can most certainly make out the "cherubs" and the carrying poles on the Ark. Just like you, I am thinking these pics are the same catalog scans, only photoshopped-up.

What worries me about the truck chase set is that it is called "Race for the stolen treasure". Hence, there is a treasure chest in the cargo hold. At least we know we are getting some kind of Ark!

NoCamels

I hope they don't do the sloping brick thing for Marion- I hate it when they do that. It's no fun! (even Lego ladies need to be able to sit in chairs, ride Lego horses, run in cool poses, etc.!)

But yay! At long last, Lego Indy will take over and I will make Johnny Thunder permanetly into Jenny Thunder (just change the head) the great action heroine! (it's a long story...but Jenny Thunder is way cooler than Johnny. He's just an Indy wannabe) :D

fixer79

ChromiumBlue37 said:
What worries me about the truck chase set is that it is called "Race for the stolen treasure". Hence, there is a treasure chest in the cargo hold. At least we know we are getting some kind of Ark!

It IS odd that the set's called 'Race for the stolen treasure', you're absolutely right...
Boy, I'd really like to see a bigger picture of the final set... ;)

NoCamels said:
I hope they don't do the sloping brick thing for Marion- I hate it when they do that. It's no fun! (even Lego ladies need to be able to sit in chairs, ride Lego horses, run in cool poses, etc.!)

Exactly! That's why I think they'll opt for the white legs... It's not the ideal solution maybe, but at least she'll be able to sit on a horse without having to stand on top of it :)

NoCamels said:
But yay! At long last, Lego Indy will take over and I will make Johnny Thunder permanetly into Jenny Thunder (just change the head) the great action heroine! (it's a long story...but Jenny Thunder is way cooler than Johnny. He's just an Indy wannabe) :D

LOL. He is a Indy wannabe, isn't he ;)
Hey, I'd love to see what Jenny Thunder looks like... Bet she's gorgeous!
:p

ChromiumBlue37

That line had Indiana Jones written all over it! Very cool sets. The character just wasn't right.

So glad that Indy is getting his chance to shine - finally! :)

Niteshade007

I was a big Johnny Thunder fan, so I thought he was great. The one that I felt wasn't quite right was Gail Storm. She just looked a little too composed to be a true adventure girl.

Oh my god I'm talking about LEGO people. It's like I'm 9 again.

NoCamels

I never liked Gail Storm either. That was the other reason to create:

JENNY THUNDER!

JennyThunder.jpg

She should really have black hair but I couldn't find it.

This lady adventurer is off to chase treasure around the world, riding a white horse and with her trusty sidekick, the grease monkey! Perhaps someday soon she will meet Lego Indy on her quest to find the Cave of Doom! :whip:

fixer79

NoCamels said:
I never liked Gail Storm either. That was the other reason to create:

JENNY THUNDER!

She should really have black hair but I couldn't find it.

This lady adventurer is off to chase treasure around the world, riding a white horse and with her trusty sidekick, the grease monkey! Perhaps someday soon she will meet Lego Indy on her quest to find the Cave of Doom! :whip:

LOL! Gotta love that grease monkey! ;)

Oh, by the way... I think she looks SMASHING with that red hair! Don't forget Indy likes redheads! He even married one once, didn't he? AHA!

JENNY = HOT! :p

fixer79

Cool info on those sets, Chrome... It all sounds very promising! :)

I wonder when we'll see the first small, low res pictures of the KotCS sets...
Can't wait...

fixer79

ChromiumBlue37 said:
Hey everyone! Included in the Motorcycle Chase set, there is a catalog with detailed pics of the other 3 Indy Lego sets. In the enlarged scans we can see Belloq, Sapito and Marion in Lego mini-fig glory! The "Well of the Souls" sets has some nice detail! (y)

The speculation of details ends...

http://eurobricks.hosting.ipsyn.com/euroforum/index.php?showtopic=11308&st=600

Hey, thanks for those pictures, Chrome!
That Idol looks great, doesn't it? LEGO really did a good job!
Until now, I thought they'd use a C-3PO head or something ;)

Seems like the Hovito isn't included in the 7623 set after all... That's too bad.
And it turns out that the Ark in the truck chase set is just a golden treasure chest as we all feared...

Oh well... they're still excellent sets!

Hey, did y'all notice 3PO and R2 in those hieroglyphs above the Well of Souls set?
Way to go, LEGO! :D

Last edited:

metalinvader

Wow,That I didn't think the Well of Souls would be so detailed..It looks a little cluttered though.The hieroglyphs of the droids is a nice surprise!