TOD figures revealed

BlackSleep

NLogan said:
At first glance it definitely looks like a pouch or cargo pocket. I think Bat-Dude is right however. Look at the "top flap" of the pouch, that is the hole itself with flesh painted leg beneath. The pocket part of the pouch is the ripped pants pulled away from the hole.

yeah i see it now...definitely a tear in the pants.

WillKill4Food

Yeah, about the Sankara stones.
If anyone from Hasbro sees this forum, READ THIS!
The Afrika Korps Nazi Soldiers suck!
They look like my uncles, not despicable guys that I would willingly run over with a truck.
The Commies can look innocent, I don't care. Communism isn't quite as bad as Nazism. Hell, worshipping Kali and killing one guy every once in a while isn't as bad as Nazism, the belief that almost eradicated a population that many consider to be God's chosen people.
So, why do the Thuggees look evil, but the Nazis look like guys I'd like to go have a beer with, figuratively speaking.
Second, the Nazis do include a Sankara stone. That's good. But, it's HUGE and it looks like a dirty eraser! I skipped buying the Nazis because they look like sh!t and because the relic sucks. I wholeheartedly expected that the ToD figures would have at least one Sankara stone to scale included. Is that crazy? Hmmm, let's see...THE STONES ARE THE BASIS OF THE MOVIE!!!
Now, please, just appease me and every other Indy fan and include, as an accessory, a Sankara Stone. It wouldn't be hard by any stretch of the imagination; just include a Stone like you included the false grail, Kali chalice, Holy Grail, and Cross of Coronado.
Please.
Please.
I'm beggin' here.
Please.

HovitosKing

WillKill4Food said:
Yeah, about the Sankara stones.
If anyone from Hasbro sees this forum, READ THIS!
The Afrika Korps Nazi Soldiers suck!
They look like my uncles, not despicable guys that I would willingly run over with a truck.
The Commies can look innocent, I don't care. Communism isn't quite as bad as Nazism. Hell, worshipping Kali and killing one guy every once in a while isn't as bad as Nazism, the belief that almost eradicated a population that many consider to be God's chosen people.
So, why do the Thuggees look evil, but the Nazis look like guys I'd like to go have a beer with, figuratively speaking.
Second, the Nazis do include a Sankara stone. That's good. But, it's HUGE and it looks like a dirty eraser! I skipped buying the Nazis because they look like sh!t and because the relic sucks. I wholeheartedly expected that the ToD figures would have at least one Sankara stone to scale included. Is that crazy? Hmmm, let's see...THE STONES ARE THE BASIS OF THE MOVIE!!!
Now, please, just appease me and every other Indy fan and include, as an accessory, a Sankara Stone. It wouldn't be hard by any stretch of the imagination; just include a Stone like you included the false grail, Kali chalice, Holy Grail, and Cross of Coronado.
Please.
Please.
I'm beggin' here.
Please.

Hasbro is probably afraid you'll mistakenly ingest the scale Sankara stone as part of your daily Ritalin dosage.

Billy Ray

NLogan said:
At first glance it definitely looks like a pouch or cargo pocket. I think Bat-Dude is right however. Look at the "top flap" of the pouch, that is the hole itself with flesh painted leg beneath. The pocket part of the pouch is the ripped pants pulled away from the hole.

Ah, I see it now, thanks! It is ripped and "flagged" to the side. I think the watermark in the image was what was throwing everyone off.

Snakes

The relic that comes with Willie looks like the Philosopher's Stone from "Iron Phoenix." All of the TOD figures look great to me. Some could use a little working on, which I'm sure they'll get.

NYCGoldenIdol

I think the head of the new ToD Indy figure isn't that bad but the rest of the figure is perfect. Has the exact details of Indy from ToD.

Bat-Dude

DetectiveFork said:
If you could e-mail it to me, I'll upload it to my site and post it here.

ironheart@earthlink.net

Sorry, I'm checking this board from work and left shortly after that last post. Special thanks to the 'Kevin' person ;) :p

I'm guessing the Sankara Stones aren't included for the same reason that Map Room Indy doesn't come with the Staff of Ra: so that we'll have a reason to give Hasbro more money for simple remakes / repaints :rolleyes:

Unless, of course, they prove me wrong by making some sort of ToD delux figure that comes with them...hint, hint...;) ;) ;)

DetectiveFork

Oh, man, this sucks! BigBadToystore .com couldn't have had the pre-order for the Temple of Doom set of figures online for more than a day and it's already sold out! I have a feeling this wave is going to be hard to find...

DetectiveFork

BTW, I think I see what the problem is, why the pre-order sold out so fast and why the price was higher than sets of figures from previous waves. According to the case break-down, all of the new ToD figures are ONE PER CASE, even the new Indy. The rest of the case if made up of multiples of figures that are still sitting on pegs, such as Raiders Indy, Indy w/ RPG and Mutt Williams. These figures are gonna be a ***** to find. Good going, Hasbro. (n) Flood the shelves with old figures that aren't selling now and make it hard for fans to get the new figures. Scalpers are gonna have a field day with this.

This Wave 4 case features 12 individually packaged 3 3/4-inch Action Figures from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (subject to change):
2x Raiders of the Lost Ark Indiana Jones
1x Mutt Williams (jacket) with sword
2x Indiana Jones with coiled whip, pistol, RPG, in shirt
1x Indiana Jones with sub-machine gun
1x Indiana Jones
1x Temple Thug
1x Short Round
1x Willie Scott
1x Temple Guard
1x Mola Ram

Last edited:

Leiter91

DetectiveFork said:
BTW, I think I see what the problem is, why the pre-order sold out so fast and why the price was higher than sets of figures from previous waves. According to the case break-down, all of the new ToD figures are ONE PER CASE, even the new Indy. The rest of the case if made up of multiples of figures that are still sitting on pegs, such as Raiders Indy, Indy w/ RPG and Mutt Williams. These figures are gonna be a ***** to find. Good going, Hasbro. (n) Flood the shelves with old figures that aren't selling now and make it hard for fans to get the new figures. Scalpers are gonna have a field day with this.

This Wave 4 case features 12 individually packaged 3 3/4-inch Action Figures from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (subject to change):
2x Raiders of the Lost Ark Indiana Jones
1x Mutt Williams (jacket) with sword
2x Indiana Jones with coiled whip, pistol, RPG, in shirt
1x Indiana Jones with sub-machine gun
1x Indiana Jones
1x Temple Thug
1x Short Round
1x Willie Scott
1x Temple Guard
1x Mola Ram
Well if the figures continue into next year, hopefully all of the *dang* mutts, and RPG indy's will have run dry so we can start getting more TOD figures with whatever wave comes next...probably Alternate Raiders figures I'd imagine

WillKill4Food

HovitosKing said:
Hasbro is probably afraid you'll mistakenly ingest the scale Sankara stone as part of your daily Ritalin dosage.
Hahahahaha...wait!

Anyway, I just hope that the Stones are accessories and just aren't in these pictures. Henry comes with a Luger, but it's not shown in his pre-production picture. Hopefully, we'll get stones.

Then, I won't need my Ritalin. :rolleyes:

Marion Fan

I like how all the figures turned out myself. Willie looks much better than I thought she would. I am pretty excited about this wave. Mola Ram, Thugee, Guard, Bridge Indy, Willie, and Short Round. That's a good wave right there.

vf wing

While it would definitely be preferable to see the a greater percentage of the new case assortments allotted to the new wave, it also makes sense to make sure assorted versions of the title character stay on the shelves. Might as well carry Mutt forward too, since he's next in line!