What's Harrison Ford doing these days?

Z dweller

In case you missed it, Newsweek has a special edition on Harry.

HFord_Cover_1024x1024.jpg

Link here.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
curmudgeon said:
50 years is kind of a stretch. He's only been a household name for about 40 of them.

That is the length of his career up till now, though. Doesn't say that he's been "Hollywood's Greatest Hero" for all of those 50 years.

Z dweller

Attila the Professor said:
Doesn't say that he's been "Hollywood's Greatest Hero" for all of those 50 years.
In my opinion, he definitely deserves that title for the period 1977-1997 (from A New Hope all the way to Air Force One).

And that's a very big achievement, by any standards. (y)

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Z dweller said:
In my opinion, he definitely deserves that title for the period 1977-1997 (from A New Hope all the way to Air Force One).

I think they're floating the idea that, at this moment, he simply is Hollywood's Greatest [Living?] Hero, regardless of his current career. I think <I>The Force Awakens</I> really burnished his public image.

Dr.Sartorius

Attila the Professor said:
That is the length of his career up till now, though. Doesn't say that he's been "Hollywood's Greatest Hero" for all of those 50 years.

It says '50 Years of Hollywood's Greatest Hero' right on the cover.

Face_Melt

Didn't he make like 65 million from KOTCS?

But it's a shame 97-07 was so lackluster.

Z dweller said:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Dr.Sartorius said:
It says '50 Years of Hollywood's Greatest Hero' right on the cover.

But it doesn't say that he's been Hollywood's Greatest Hero for 50 years. They're saying that Harrison Ford is Hollywood's Greatest Hero, and they're talking about 50 years of him.

Face_Palm said:
Didn't he make like 65 million from KOTCS?

I can't see what that has to do with any qualitative judgment.

Udvarnoky

Face_Palm said:
Looking amazingly in shape! Does anybody doubt he can play Indy again after looking at these photos?

Dude's been doing his part. Let's hope Spielberg and Koepp have been doing theirs.

Olliana

One year away from shooting and it's kind of driving me nuts. Let's hope there will be no further delays.

Raiders90

Pale Horse said:
March 2017

It's getting to the point where hot-linking pics is getting scary. Better for you to get surprised on your own.

He's been jowly since the late 80s. He looks pretty much the same as he did in 2007:

1990:
529298788-los-angeles-film-premiere-the-fugitive-gettyimages.jpg

1995:
116085064-american-actor-harrison-ford-gettyimages.jpg

2007:
GettyImages-186159455.jpg

2016:
Harrison%20Ford,%201%20nominacija.jpg

Do you really think he's not going to wear any makeup to lessen his aging in the film?

I don't understand why you despise older people so much.

Last edited:

curmudgeon

Hanging out with Chewie after his surprise appearance at Star Wars Celebration.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Lovely seeing my buddy.. hell of a pilot.. but I'd love to help out a little with those landings. Always available if he needs a copilot.. <a href="https://t.co/dBuQEmHbSg">pic.twitter.com/dBuQEmHbSg</a></p>— Peter Mayhew (@TheWookieeRoars) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheWookieeRoars/status/852609945581309953">April 13, 2017</a></blockquote>