Ideas For New Indy Actor

indytim

Here's the new trailer. Pratt's acting all kinds of Jones like ;)

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/SILeO8m7uvU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

indytim

Screenshots of Chris Pratt getting his Jones on from the new Jurassic World trailer :hat:

jurassic-world-30.jpg

jurassic-world-34.jpg

jurassic-world-36.jpg

jurassic-world-38.jpg

jurassic-world-39.jpg

jurassic-world-42.jpg

jurassic-world-54.jpg

jurassic-world-55.jpg

Duaner

indytim said:
Here's the new trailer. Pratt's acting all kinds of Jones like ;)

Similarities to Indy, but I would consider him to be more like Robert Muldoon from the original Jurassic Park.

TheFedora

Duaner said:
Similarities to Indy, but I would consider him to be more like Robert Muldoon from the original Jurassic Park.

He has the Robert Muldoon vibe, he's pulling off very nicely there. However, I still don't know if he would be would be up for an Indiana Jones role...He seems like he would fit the part though. The motorcycle chase is very Indiana Jones vibe...but there was also a raptor motorcycle chase in the second Jurassic Park novel.

kongisking

TheFedora said:
He has the Robert Muldoon vibe, he's pulling off very nicely there. However, I still don't know if he would be would be up for an Indiana Jones role...He seems like he would fit the part though. The motorcycle chase is very Indiana Jones vibe...but there was also a raptor motorcycle chase in the second Jurassic Park novel.

Star-Lord teaming up with Raptors is going to be the new Sam Witwicky swinging with monkeys. :p

I kid, I absolutely love that shot, and can't wait to find out what the context of it is.

TheFedora

kongisking said:
Star-Lord teaming up with Raptors is going to be the new Sam Witwicky swinging with monkeys. :p

I kid, I absolutely love that shot, and can't wait to find out what the context of it is.

I'm already seeing several popular memes floating around with the raptors... I suppose people would only mock me further if I said the context of the shot is Pratt leading the raptors to hunt down the mutant dino.

kongisking

TheFedora said:
I'm already seeing several popular memes floating around with the raptors... I suppose people would only mock me further if I said the context of the shot is Pratt leading the raptors to hunt down the mutant dino.

Oh, I'm fairly certain that's the idea. I'm talking context as in when it naturally happens in the course of the story. Sure to be a cheer-worthy badass moment.

Stoo

Bunch of Prats

For those of you who don't know what a 'prat' is, here are some definitions. This is exactly what some of you folks sound like when writing things such as:
indytim said:
Pratt's acting all kinds of Jones like ;)
Yeah, man, he is standing still and staring at something! That is so awesome and Indiana Jones-like!:rolleyes:

Why do you some of you folks have such a hard-on for this guy?:confused:
TheFedora said:
The motorcycle chase is very Indiana Jones vibe.
…and Steve McQueen, Jan-Michael Vincent, Jackie Earle Haley, Richard Roundtree, Elliot Gould, Stephen Collins, Henry Winkler, Evel Knievel and anyone else who was filmed riding a motorbike.:rolleyes:
TheFedora said:
He has the Robert Muldoon vibe, he's pulling off very nicely there.
:confused: :confused: :confused: Are you for real?

"I am pulling off a Muldoon vibe very nicely because I'm holding a rifle in my hands."

Finn

Staff member
Stoo said:
Why do you some of you folks have such a hard-on for this guy?
Oh, c'mon! Don't ask that. I can't bear another mark of wonder when I still haven't got the answer to the question about Nathan Fillion.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Finn said:
Oh, c'mon! Don't ask that. I can't bear another mark of wonder when I still haven't got the answer to the question about Nathan Fillion.

I get Pratt more than Fillion, though the basis for them seems the same: they played characters in projects that reminded them of Ford's Lucas work, Han Solo in particular. Which, yes, doesn't suggest too much imagination.

At least Pratt has shown an ability to jump to the big screen that Fillion never has.

fixer79

Like I said in the Pratt thread, I wouldn't mind him being cast as the unavoidable new Indiana Jones.

But I kind help but think there might be another Hollywood actor that might be even more suited to don the Fedora.
What about Sean Patrick Flannery?
He's played Indiana Jones twenty-eight times before.
Plus, I know for a fact that he is an awesome guy.

with%20SPF-s_zpsnc3uz9ut.jpg

Attila the Professor

Staff member
fixer79 said:
But I kind help but think there might be another Hollywood actor that might be even more suited to don the Fedora.
What about Sean Patrick Flannery?
He's played Indiana Jones twenty-eight times before.
Plus, I know for a fact that he is an awesome guy.

He'd be fifty before filming even started. This is the Dennis Quaid problem all over again.

Duaner

Billy Ray said:
Anthony Ingruber or don't bother! On the plus side, he's already played a young Harrison Ford.

After viewing a picture of him as a young Harrison Ford in "Age of Adaline", I would have to say he sure has the look down. Maybe they'll consider him for the new Han Solo movie that was announced recently.