View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 09:46 AM   #70
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drifter
The one in Missouri. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas_City-style_barbecue

Different cities or states have different styles of bbq. Just to name a few; there's Kansas City style (from what I've tried the sauce they use is too sweet for my taste. Never cared for it much), Memphis dry rub, Texas with it's smoke, the Carolinas and their mustard or vinegar based bbq sauce (my favorite) and parts of Alabama even have a white BBQ sauce that's poured on their ribs!
---
EDIT: Here's a look at a few local BBQ joints near me: Phil's Dream Pit and Pratt's BBQ!
Those all sound lip-smackin' good to me, even the Kansas City style (although I know you like things HOT). Missouri, eh? Willie Scott must like it that way.

I've been to both Carolinas as a kid but can't recall having any BBQ while there. Would love to visit the central, southern states someday for some sampling of burgers & steaks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drifter
Ever been to what we in the south call a pig-pickin', Stoo? A bunch of folk buy a whole pig and slow cook and smoke it ALL day, slowly lathering the sauce on it as it cracks and blackens. Some people make home-made baked beans, slaw, potato salad and grilled corn on the cob, That is some real eatin'!
I'm hungry now.
Yes, sir. My mother & her boyfriend host a "pig roast" (as we call it) every year at our summer cottage in the Laurentian mountains. Tonnes of food and loads of laughs. They've been doing it for 15 years now and more & more people come each time. Last year we had over 100 guests. Fortunately, we have 2 acres of land so there was just enough room to park all the cars! Unfortunately, I'll be missing this summer's but here's a taste from 2006. (My brother likes to shoot off fireworks at night so I included a photo of his little arsenal, just for fun.)

Speaking of swine: Who put "ham" in the name, "hamburger"?
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote