Childhood experiences of the movies?

JimmyPSHayes

I saw Raiders at the drive in for my 8th birthday. I was blown away and didn't blink through the whole movie. Then, when Temple of Doom came out, we were living in Los Angeles and my dad took me to a big theater in Hollywood for the premiere. We waited in line for HOURS!! It was awesome and it's my favorite movie-going experience memory to this day. For LC I was in high school and saw it with my best friend. I'm gonna try and see Indy 4 with both him and my dad.

Brooke Logan

I saw Raiders when I was six, when it was released in the movie theater. I don't remember much except the last scene and since I was really dumb as a little kid, I actually thought the actors truly did die in the ark opening scene, I thought the people playing a part died if their character did, that they wanted to be in the movie that bad. (Yes, I was dumb!).

I saw Temple when it came out on cable, like HBO or Showtime. So about '84 or '85. The sacrifice scene scared me.

And I really wanted the Marion figure and could never find her (until I was an adult) and I wanted the Willie figure by LJN too, not knowing she was never actually released.

I saw Last Crusade in 1995 and I really enjoyed it just like I did the other three.

Orellana

I first saw ToD when I was about eight, that dark movie isn't really the best movie to see FIRST, so naturally, I got a little creeped out, but I remembered only small parts, but those were good small parts so I pined my mom to let me rent it or get it to see it again. She was shocked at the dark scenes and actions of the Thuggee, so she wouldn't let me. Fortunately, I got the RotLA and LC years later on VHS, so I could see those. (I know, don't remind me, I am so old fashioned.) luckily I got the ToD and KotCS on DVD the next year.:)
Indy's great!