Hello Fellow Indyfans.....

Tessa

Moderator Emeritus
Most of you remember me, and most of you don't. (I almost didn't find you guys and Gilles, since I had to reinstall everything on my computer I didn't have your email address). I have a long history with Raider.net, starting out as a moderator and then I asked for a leave of absence (to put it short I had martial problems which let to my husband and I temporarily separating for a few months and health problems which caused me to be in the hospital for long periods of time).

I'm doing fine now. The health issues are finally over with, I finally have a job with an employer that's very understanding, and my husband and I are finally getting along. I'm slowly getting back with everything in my life -- including Indiana Jones - if you guys will let me come back.

Feel free to email me if you want. I can be reached at tessazs@yahoo.com

Now back to Indy,

Best,

Tessa

IAdventurer01

Welcome back, Tessa. I have no idea who you are! :D
But hey, I'm sure we'll all get to know you (again, for some members) Glad to hear that you are once again healthy and eager to participate here at the Raven. Things have changed since you left, but hopefully you'll feel at home again in no time! :)

EDIT: Darn you! Now I'm not the only member with this avatar anymore. :p :D

IndyBuff

Welcome back to The Raven Tessa! I didn't know you when you were here before but I look forward to getting to know you and reading your posts. I'm glad to hear that everything is going well in your life and hopefully we'll see you around here plenty.:)

westford

Hiya Tessa!
Good to hear from you! Hope the kids are doing well, and glad to hear you're doing better. And of course you're very welcome to return - you were like the 'mother hen' of the Raven when I first joined, sorting out the problems and putting the place back together again when we'd wrecked the joint! ;) Nice to have you back! :)

Westford

IAdventurer01

westford said:
Hiya Tessa!
Good to hear from you! Hope the kids are doing well, and glad to hear you're doing better. And of course you're very welcome to return - you were like the 'mother hen' of the Raven when I first joined, sorting out the problems and putting the place back together again when we'd wrecked the joint! ;) Nice to have you back! :)

Westford

... and with that description it sounds like we may need you! :D

Tessa

Moderator Emeritus
westford said:
Hiya Tessa!

Westford

Ah, yes, West. We did have some grand old times, didn't we? My three year old daughter and my two year old son could take a run for the money right now. ;) Now my nine year old son is the one acting mediator when I'm in the middle of doing something and can't get to them right away (i.e. in the middle of dinner or cleaning one of the rooms. Makes me glad I had them spaced out that far apart.)

Finn

Staff member
Gone not so long, but too long nevertheless.

No trace of her in about year and a half... last recorded activity before this post in July 2004.

Tessa

Moderator Emeritus
temple of john said:
Hey Tessa. How long have you been away? I started visiting right around 2001. Why gone so long?

Well, I'll give a simple explanation and hope it explains it (Gilles knows a bit about it.) About a year and a half ago, I had a burn out both at home and work. I hated my job and tried to find a different one but then found out my current employer refused to give me a good reference (She's the kind of employer who doesn't like to hire new employees if she doesn't have to). Because of that, I took it out at my family and mentally and physically I went downhill. I was having severe headaches, couldn't sleep worth a darn and at times couldn't eat. At the same time, my husband was having a problem with alcohol as well which with both occurrences had a HUGE impact on our marriage.

Around the same time, I kept having seizures and anxiety attacks, missing work because of them. At one point, my doctor thought I might have had a tumor on my brain as well (thank god it was negative). After my first couple of them, I asked Gilles for a leave from the Raven. He agreed. After a year and half of treatment, counseling and such, I'm better and well (to a point) than I was then.

Hope that explains it.

Tennessee R

Hello, Tessa

I joined I guess around late '03, but I know exactly who you are. You might not remember me, but I've said hello, on AIM a few times.
Weren't you the one that started a fan story one time, but never finished?
I suppose it could have been wiped off with recent updates, anyway, I enjoyed looking back to the begginings of the Raven, and reading your posts.
Glad to have you back

roundshort

WOW, that is quit a journey! Well Welcome back to the Raven! Hope all is much better now. Look forwad to seeing more of you!

Tessa

Moderator Emeritus
Some good news and bad news...

This is not a goodbye post. I actually wanted to post this to let you all know that I will be on here more regularly as I ease myself back into the workforce.

A week ago, my husband found me passed out on the floor when he came home. Freaked him out a bit. Anyway, I was semiconscious when I was taken to the hospital. I had a seizure...one of my worst ever, plus my blood pressure was in the range of 180/110. Not good. Have been through a whole batch of tests and a series of questions from drs (as well as criticism..ie. why do you have three jobs? yada yada yada).

They believe I might have pulmonary hypertension and ordered me to rest before returning to work. urgh...have you tried relaxing with three kids home from summer vacation? It's not relaxation. LOL

Also, I have been writing and rewriting the next story in my legacy series at the fan fiction portion of the site. Plus put in an application to take a few courses online in order to get a certificate in Information Systems.

Just a warning that I'll be on here more frequently. So behave!!!

Tessa

Tennessee R

Hope you can relax a bit. Excellent news about more frequent visits, though.
This fan-fiction that you are referring to, it wouldn't happen to be that thing you were working on a few years back, posted some of it, and quit for a while, would it?
Remember, I had asked you about that before, as I was really enjoying it.

Glad you'll be back.

Tessa

Moderator Emeritus
Tennessee R said:
This fan-fiction that you are referring to, it wouldn't happen to be that thing you were working on a few years back, posted some of it, and quit for a while, would it?
Remember, I had asked you about that before, as I was really enjoying it.

You know what I think I lost that version when my computer crashed last year. I have several different short stories on my hard drive now and I can't tell you how many times I've deleted them and rewrote them. I can tell you the next one's timeframe is in the 80s, Egypt, and involves a character from Indy's past. More on that later.....

IndyBuff

It's good to see you around here again. I hope you feel better and my prayers are with you and your family.:whip:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Better be Marion....:p Well, I'm sorry to hear about you not feeling the best and I do hope that your more often visits to the Raven, cheer you up! I'll do my best! ;)

Tessa

Moderator Emeritus
Happy Holidays

To all Raveners:

I've been cleaning up all the water from the icestorm the Midwest had a month ago (we had no power for 20 hours and an electric sub pump) from our basement, a new job in the IT department, and my husband who decided without me to disconnect our phone and internet at home for a few months to get caught up with bills (ie. the water damage bill, gas, electric, food bills), I wanted to take time out to wish everyone and yours a happy holidays. (in other words...the boss is out of the office and unlimited internet use....plus log in time at lunch in the lunchroom.....;) )

If anyone wants to drop me a line, feel free. My email here is theresaschaefer@afninet.com

Happy Holidays,

Tessa and the gang (Rich, Bryan, Catie, and Alexander)

Tessa

Moderator Emeritus
Hello there...an old timer

Hello Raveners. This is Tessa. I was taking a long hiatus to take care of everything in my family (was separated for a time) and the many activities my kids decided to be in. But I'm back with my hat too.

I'll be at the drive in with my oldest on Thursday night to watch the The Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls. See you all there (in spirit).

Best,

Tessa