The Indy Cast

Nice work Doc...got a couple of funny ones in and dug up what you could. Nice gear but how did you miss the photo op that indyclone looks like he's enjoying so much?!

Doc Out?

:hat:

DocWhiskey

Rocket Surgeon said:
Nice work Doc...got a couple of funny ones in and dug up what you could. Nice gear but how did you miss the photo op that indyclone looks like he's enjoying so much?!

Doc Out?

:hat:

I didn't bring my camera! Haha. Easy to miss a photo op with no camera.

And if Walter Cronkite could have a sign off catchphrase...why can't I? :p

DocWhiskey said:
And if Walter Cronkite could have a sign off catchphrase...why can't I? :p

Doc Whiskey=Cronkite? Wow, that might be a closer comparison than it seems. Is Doc Whiskey the most trusted Indyfan in America? Will more tune in to hear his Comic Con reports than anyone else's?

I just hope George Lucas doesn't hear that you said you felt Crystal Skull was the weakest of the 4 movies. I can see it now: Lucas is doing an interview and announces: "I have decided not to return Indy to the big screen for a fifth movie, because if I've lost Doc Whiskey, I've lost America."

Ha ha! I love that you're part of the show, Doc. Keep the Indy reports and Cronkite-esque signoffs coming! (y)

DocWhiskey

Rocket Surgeon said:
Uh, I like that you're bringing up Cronkite...but didn't you go American Idol?;)

Hahaha.

I guess. I don't know much about American idol.

Oh, Rocket, you slay me.

robisindy said:
Doc Whiskey=Cronkite? Wow, that might be a closer comparison than it seems. Is Doc Whiskey the most trusted Indyfan in America? Will more tune in to hear his Comic Con reports than anyone else's?

I just hope George Lucas doesn't hear that you said you felt Crystal Skull was the weakest of the 4 movies. I can see it now: Lucas is doing an interview and announces: "I have decided not to return Indy to the big screen for a fifth movie, because if I've lost Doc Whiskey, I've lost America."

Ha ha! I love that you're part of the show, Doc. Keep the Indy reports and Cronkite-esque signoffs coming! (y)

Now, let's not blow this out of proportion.....

But if I single handedly prevent Indiana Jones 5, well, I guess it's cool to know Lucas listens to the indycast.

And thank you robisindy.

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
The last time I saw Walter Cronkite was when I was coming out of The Black Dog restaurant in Vineyard Haven on Martha's Vineyard.

Granted it was Sunday morning and folks were finishing their breakfasts, but ol Water just used the back of his arm to wipe off his face.., Now that doesn't take away from his credibility, I am just hoping Doc Whiskey has better manners!

Besides it couldn't be worse than Larry King picking his nose walking down 5th Avenue, I was staring at the nose-picking and then my brain kicked in and said "oh, its Larry King". It didn't make it any nicer, it was just that even the stars pick their nose, one finger at a time.

I liked hearing from Doc, your segment sure beats the Rob's Video Game Review segment - whoa! (just kidding Rob).

I might drop back in the Indy-cast with a mash-up merchandise review... and no it isn't Han Solo in the Staff of Kings game... I have just been busy running for public office! Seriously, and I promise if elected I will let every Indyfan know what "top men" are working on the Lost Ark project! Just don't let my voters hear that - or I might be sticking to doing tours of Marshall College!

Mitchellhallock said:
I liked hearing from Doc, your segment sure beats the Rob's Video Game Review segment - whoa! (just kidding Rob).

I might drop back in the Indy-cast with a mash-up merchandise review... and no it isn't Han Solo in the Staff of Kings game... I have just been busy running for public office!

Kidding or not, you lost my support when you cracked on my segment! :p

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
You mean "whip"-cracked on your segment! Come on,.... it's just a joke... here's a poll question for you... from looked at a "certain" different point of view; say that of a Thuggee guard, Commie or Nazi henchman - was Indiana Jones the most blood-thirsty, heartless, cold-blooded killer of all time? It's like asking a lowly citizen of the Empire if Luke Skywalker was terrorist!

Now that's a poll question to end all poll questions!

(y) (n)

By the way... If you keep it up I will review my copies of SEGA Genesis Young Indy and the The Last Crusade games that I still have and in working order!

I don't know, I think you're getting a little too philosophical for me with your poll suggestion, Mitch. I'm not that deep of a thinker. At least I don't think I am. I guess I've never really thought about it. :confused:

But I'll tell you this much, if I'm going to get this much grief for trying to give my comprehensive video game review, I'm not going to bother to try so hard next time! I'll just say I liked some things, and I didn't like some other things, and leave it at that. :)

And you know, if Hasbro and Lego bow out, and we don't get anymore movies...well, sooner or later I'm sure you'll get around to reviewing those vintage Indy games to try to keep the show going, right? By the way, I still play those from time to time...on my Treo with an emulator program. Not bad for cell phone games, I've gotta say.

I hope we can hear from you again on the show soon, Mitch. It's not the same without you! :hat:

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Don't worry I haven't bought that ticket to Leipzig just yet! I will be back.. even if I have to make up news for Ed to read!

Now go to bed! SHEESH!

Intolerable! Simply Intolerable! said with a VERY GOOD Connery accent!
:whip:

Mitchellhallock said:
Intolerable! Simply Intolerable! said with a VERY GOOD Connery accent!
:whip:

Ahh, touting your Connery accent over mine. Now you're getting nasty!

I agree with Pat - I'll wait for your next submission to include your spot-on Henry Sr., and then we'll pick this conversation back up. :D

robisindy said:
Ahh, touting your Connery accent over mine. Now you're getting nasty!I agree with Pat - I'll wait for your next submission to include your spot-on Henry Sr., and then we'll pick this conversation back up. :D

I think the only fair thing to do is have a Connery Impression -off and let the listeners decide! There's an Indy poll for ya!

(although conducting it through a contestants segment doesn't sound fair, it still sounds fun)

...so are you "up to the challenge?!"

Ed, this means YOU too!

DocWhiskey said:
*Pokes head out of window*

CONNERY OFF!

Literally LMAO! That was funny.

Pat's the second to suggest a Connery voice poll. I can't believe people want to turn the Connery impressions into a competition! But, hey, I'm up for a poll if Ed and Mitch are. I think my Connery impression stinks, so if I lost a poll I wouldn't care!

robisindy said:
Literally LMAO! That was funny.

Pat's the second to suggest a Connery voice poll. I can't believe people want to turn the Connery impressions into a competition! But, hey, I'm up for a poll if Ed and Mitch are. I think my Connery impression stinks, so if I lost a poll I wouldn't care!

I think the point is to have some fun with it! (grabs Doc by his shirt collar and drags him through the window, stands him up on tippy toes)...and I think Doc should play too!

There should be two "heats".

One is a phrase everyone needs to impersonate. Kind of like: " give me the keys you F-ing Csucker mtherfker!" But not that exact one.

Second is a 30 second free-style, your strong suit/choice of content!

(Rob...it's Rocket! Stop calling me Pat! Who is this Pat guy?)

Rocket Surgeon said:
I think the point is to have some fun with it! (grabs Doc by his shirt collar and drags him through the window, stands him up on tippy toes)...and I think Doc should play too!

There should be two "heats".

One is a phrase everyone needs to impersonate. Kind of like: " give me the keys you F-ing Csucker mtherfker!" But not that exact one.

Second is a 30 second free-style, your strong suit/choice of content!

(Rob...it's Rocket! Stop calling me Pat! Who is this Pat guy?)

I'm so sorry, Rocket. I didn't realize that was your given name. I hope the entire Surgeon family is doing well.

I agree - let's get Doc involved as well. We could go with something like Henry Sr.'s "The search for the grail is not archaeology! It's a race against evil!" speech for the contest. Although 30 seconds for the freestyle part is a lot of time to fill when you're trying to think of something to say in a Connery voice.

Or maybe we're just REALLY overthinking this and the whole contest thing is a bad idea!

robisindy said:
I'm so sorry, Rocket. I didn't realize that was your given name. I hope the entire Surgeon family is doing well.

I agree - let's get Doc involved as well. We could go with something like Henry Sr.'s "The search for the grail is not archaeology! It's a race against evil!" speech for the contest. Although 30 seconds for the freestyle part is a lot of time to fill when you're trying to think of something to say in a Connery voice.

Or maybe we're just REALLY overthinking this and the whole contest thing is a bad idea!

The Surgeon family is operating well thank you!

30 seconds is not set in stone...we still haven't heard from the other "intersted parties" so the contest may change even more!

Aw, don't get cold feet so fast!