Idol of Fertility in other films!!!

indy148

I rented two films the other day. I rented the Majestic (Jim Carey), and for my brother, Spykids 2. Well, you'd never believe it, but in the beginning of Majestic, Jim Carey is seen watching an old fashioned swashbuckler movie.
In the movie, a man who is dressed up
(sort of like Moleram) is holding the same Idol used in Raiders!!!! I'l try to get a pick of that soon.

2nd thing I noticed.
When I was watching ESPN, my brother had ran into the room yelling, IDOL IN MY MOVIE!!!!! Well, by brother knows I'm obsessed with the man in the hat, so he always tells me everything he sees about Indy. Anyways. He puts the DVD into the machine, and fastforwards the movie till'
about 1hour&10 minutes. The scene is the two kids are walking in a treasure cove (looked like something out of Pirates of the Carribean. One Indiana line is spoken. The girl says to her younger brother: "Staybehind me, step where I step, and don't touch anything."
I laughed out loud when I heard that.
The younger kid then is shuffling around in a pile of gold,
ignoring his sister. Then the older sister, bends down and picks up, you guessed it, the IDOL!!!!

00Kevin

Indyfan
indy148 said:
Well, you'd never believe it, but in the beginning of Majestic, Jim Carey is seen watching an old fashioned swashbuckler movie.
In the movie, a man who is dressed up
(sort of like Moleram) is holding the same Idol used in Raiders!!!! I'l try to get a pick of that soon.

Old news I'm afraid...yer a few years late

indy148 said:
2nd thing I noticed.
When I was watching ESPN, my brother had ran into the room yelling, IDOL IN MY MOVIE!!!!! Well, by brother knows I'm obsessed with the man in the hat, so he always tells me everything he sees about Indy. Anyways. He puts the DVD into the machine, and fastforwards the movie till'
about 1hour&10 minutes. The scene is the two kids are walking in a treasure cove (looked like something out of Pirates of the Carribean. One Indiana line is spoken. The girl says to her younger brother: "Staybehind me, step where I step, and don't touch anything."
I laughed out loud when I heard that.
The younger kid then is shuffling around in a pile of gold,
ignoring his sister. Then the older sister, bends down and picks up, you guessed it, the IDOL!!!!

didn't know about this one...good find ;)

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Nice info - I wasn't familiar with either one.

And this is just a request on my part...in the future, could we please have this sort of thread on the "Film Classics" table?

00Kevin

Indyfan
no, I don't think this one belongs in film classics

it's about indy references in 2 movies

and I wouldn't count the majestic and spy kids 2 as 'classics' just yet (although the majestic is pretty good ;) )

(hey....indy148 inspired me to watch majestic today, how nice.......but what am I ganna do for the rest of the day???)

Attila the Professor

Staff member
00Kevin said:
no, I don't think this one belongs in film classics

it's about indy references in 2 movies

and I wouldn't count the majestic and spy kids 2 as 'classics' just yet (although the majestic is pretty good ;) )

Maybe so, but...

Film Classics
Talk about your favorite film classics and other films related to the Indiana Jones Trilogy and the creators.

Oh well, it doesn't really matter. Do what you will. :)

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
On the Majestic DVD, special features area, you can see the entire "mini-movie". Its filled with Indy references and its funny too!