Your Indy Fiction Collection Discussion...

Stoo

DIrishB in response to Plaristes said:
HA!! The term "pathetic-in-comparison-to-DIrishB's-collection" should NEVER be used when taking into account your HUGE SW collection. Thats amazing, man.
I think the term can be used compared to many others, including myself. Your literature collection contains some real treasures with the RPG stuff and "Lost Kingdom" being some of the coolest.:cool:

DIrishB said:
He's here all week, folks.
Try the veal!
BA-DUM-:whip:
Henry's mother-in-law was so fat...
Crowd: How fat was she?:p

Violet Indy said:
Here are (as promised) the pics of the most valued items in my collection:
The Board Game!!!
The gist of the game is to find all cards (Marion, Ra, Imam and Map Room) in the same colour. It's a game that requires good memory skills.
I envy you, Violet! Thanks for posting your photos. I especially like the cover painting on the box and the centrepiece one on the board. Nice collection piece!:) If I ever get to Australia, I challenge you to a game. What's interesting is the name, Indiana Jones, OVER the "Raiders" logo 15 years before the re-released VHS title. (Nice duvet/bed-spread BTW. Are those daisies?:p)

Violet Indy said:
And yes, the much coveted Australian exclusive that as far as I know no one else seems to have (Ed of the Indy Cast could be the only exception).
The Map of the Complete Adventures of Indiana Jones (mostly YIJC) circa 2000:

This was released with the Video Boxset of the trilogy as a bonus as well as the bonus YIJC video of Oganga, The Giver & Taker of Life. Each video in the Complete Adventures VHS collection had a sticker for a very limited time. You needed to collect the stickers in order to complete the map. I unfortunately have not been able to finish it (let alone keep this map from falling apart thanks to my then toddler brother and moving constantly around the country). But still... I've got it.
A truly RARE & EXQUISITE Young Indy artifact...I don't know what to say other than you Aussies were extremely lucky to be able to get this! Violet, you could start a thread about the map in the Young Indy section of the board to see if there are others who have it. Maybe, one day, we could eventually see a completed version!:) Between relocating & your toddler brother, thanks for your noble attempts to preserve this thing!

Another interesting fact is that your Australian VHS boxed-set came with "Oganga" and not "Peacock's Eye" like in N.America...

DIrishB

Stoo said:
I think the term can be used compared to many others, including myself. Your literature collection contains some real treasures with the RPG stuff and "Lost Kingdom" being some of the coolest.:cool:

I do love my hard to find Indy collectibles.

Henry's mother-in-law was so fat...
Crowd: How fat was she?:p

;)

Plaristes

DIrishB said:
I do love my hard to find Indy collectibles.

And not only those. Most of the Hohlbein novels and WEG rpg books aren't hard to find, they're just expensive, which is what has kept me from getting all of them so far. (n)

Plaristes

My roommate's not here, so I can't use his camera to take a pic of several Indy books I just added to my collection, but I can at least list them.

Sally Bell, Safari in Africa
Richard Brightfield, Revolution in Russia
Anne Digby, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
J.N. Fox, Young Indiana Jones and the Pirates' Loot
Lionel Grigson and Philip Chidlow, Indiana Jones and His Life of Adventure
Harold Johnson, Indiana Jones: Judge's Survival Pack
Les Martin, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
________, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
________, Prisoner of War
________, Trek of Doom
William McCay, The Secret Peace
Parker Smith, The Mummy's Curse
Megan Stine and H. William Stine, The Mummy's Curse
________, Young Indiana Jones and the Lost Gold of Durango
Richard Wenk, Indiana Jones and the Legion of Death

It's nice to finally get a couple more of the few original Indy stories not in my collection. And Indiana Jones and His Life of Adventure is pretty cool in that it contains journal entries and other written accounts by Indy of some of his movie adventures, similar to (although much shorter than) The Lost Journal of Indiana Jones. So, DIrishB, if you're planning on getting the Lost Journal, you should get IJaHLoA as well. ;)

indyclone25

very kool stuff , one and all --- isn't it great when we can show each other our collections and just see what else we have to hunt down ? very neat stuff .

DIrishB

I finally got my Crystal Skeleton earlier this week. Here are some pics I took. I'll post more action shots later on.

Indy and Company

IndyCollectionPics003-1.jpg

IndyCollectionPics004-2.jpg

IndyCollectionPics015.jpg

The Evil Bastards

IndyCollectionPics009-1.jpg

The Loot

IndyCollectionPics006-2.jpg

DIrishB

Plaristes said:
It's nice to finally get a couple more of the few original Indy stories not in my collection. And Indiana Jones and His Life of Adventure is pretty cool in that it contains journal entries and other written accounts by Indy of some of his movie adventures, similar to (although much shorter than) The Lost Journal of Indiana Jones. So, DIrishB, if you're planning on getting the Lost Journal, you should get IJaHLoA as well. ;)

Very cool. When was Indiana Jones and His Life of Adventure published? Is it older, or a more recent release? I have been meaning to pick up the Lost Journal and Ultimate Guide. I'll add His Life of Adventure to that list.

DIrishB

Plaristes said:
It was published way back in 1989.

That'll make tracking it down interesting.

**pulls out whip and revolver, puts on hat, and starts searching the internet for yet another Indy collectible item**

:whip:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Stoo said:
I envy you, Violet! Thanks for posting your photos. I especially like the cover painting on the box and the centrepiece one on the board. Nice collection piece!:) If I ever get to Australia, I challenge you to a game. What's interesting is the name, Indiana Jones, OVER the "Raiders" logo 15 years before the re-released VHS title. (Nice duvet/bed-spread BTW. Are those daisies?:p)

A truly RARE & EXQUISITE Young Indy artifact...I don't know what to say other than you Aussies were extremely lucky to be able to get this! Violet, you could start a thread about the map in the Young Indy section of the board to see if there are others who have it. Maybe, one day, we could eventually see a completed version!:) Between relocating & your toddler brother, thanks for your noble attempts to preserve this thing!

Another interesting fact is that your Australian VHS boxed-set came with "Oganga" and not "Peacock's Eye" like in N.America...

The bedspead is actually frangipani's (it's a very popular Pacific island flower, that most girls down here have stickers of all of their cars usually, though I went with the bedspread lol).

It's a fun game with some skill involved too (memory mostly). Interesting that the N. America version had "Peacock's Eye". Did you guys have interviews at the end of the Young Indy tapes (the interviews were the same at the end of each one, and they had a special focus on 'Oganga' and there were also an interview with Lucas at the beginning relating to the episode's historic side)? I don't know what the significance of 'Oganga' was, but with 'Peacock's Eye', I'm willing to bet that was because P-Eye was the most like the films in terms of a MacGuffin and archaeology and adventure.

I admit I love the centre painting of the board. I love the cover too, it's a very nice piece in general, not many board games these days have painted images, it's always photoshopped. Though the Stairs game is quite fun too, though there's more luck than skill there.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
DIrishB said:
Here's my complete collection of the TSR Indy RPG adventures. Below that are all the various cardboard figures for the game.
Can you post a clearer pic of the characters, particularly the infamous "NAZI(tm)"?

Short Rounded

wow

Wow! That's a lot of books, DIrishB! It is like your house is a library! Cool!:D That is a lot of action figures, too. P.S. Where did you get the stands for the action figures?

DIrishB

Moedred said:
Can you post a clearer pic of the characters, particularly the infamous "NAZI(tm)"?

Haven't forgotten, Moedred, just been busy (and lazy when I'm not busy). I'll get that pic snapped this weekend for you.

Short Rounded said:
Wow! That's a lot of books, DIrishB! It is like your house is a library! Cool!:D That is a lot of action figures, too. P.S. Where did you get the stands for the action figures?

Believe it or not, all my Indy DVDs, books, games, etc fit on one shelf under my bed-side table (granted, the table is as long as the bed ;) ) in my spare room.

As for the stands, you can find them on Ebay and probably other places on the internet. They're called Pro-tech figure stands, and they come in different colors (clear, white, black, and others) and different figure sizes (3 3/4" and 6"), as well as for modern and vintage figures. Ebay is probably your best bet, I buy them in 20 packs for like $8-12 depending on the seller.

Plaristes

Sadly, I don't have a camera to show what I've added to my collection since I took the pics on the first page of this thread. Nevertheless, I thought I'd note that the last couple of weeks have been very good for my Indy lit collection, since I've acquired the following:

Indiana Jones Adventures vol. 2
Indiana Jones and the Army of the Dead
Indiana Jones and the Golden Vampires
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Annual 2009
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (Interactive Play-s-Sound)
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: Meet Indy
Indiana Jones and the Lands of Adventure
Indiana Jones and the Sky Pirates and Other Tales
Indiana Jones Annual 2010
Indy's Adventures
Traps and Snares
The World of Indiana Jones
Young Indiana Jones and the Face of the Dragon

IndyBr

Wow!
You have a really nice collecton off Indy books!
I'm very proud of my collection, but it's not much compared to yours, I will have to work more to get to that point.
I have:
- The Ultimate Guide
- The Lost Journal
- The indiana Jones Handbook
- The Complete Making Of
- The book with the 3 novelizations (Raiders, Temple and Crusade)
- The 12 Bantam Books
- The Army of the Dead
- The 4 omnibus already released (waiting for the third of the Further Adventures (y))
- The Tomb of Gods trade paperback
- Adventures v.1 (have to buy v.2 yet)
- The 2 Scholastic novels
- And the four movies

I don't have the Young Indy dvd's beacause they weren't released here in brazil, and it would be to expensive for me to import then right now.
And sorry, but i have no pictures of my collection yet to post here. :(
Oh, and I also have some action figures and vehicules.

I'm more like Plaristes and Luke Skywalker, my Star Wars collection is much bigger than my Indy one.

Plaristes

Thanks! :hat:
I've added four more to my collection this week:

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: The Movie Storybook
Indiana Jones Omnibus, vol. 1
Indiana Jones Omnibus, vol. 2
Raiders of the Lost Ark (1998 Chronicle Books)
:D

indyfan85

wow, makes my 'collection' look miniscule but I definitely aspire to collecting some of those priceless artifacts. Right now I just have 4 Indy books, the original trilogy on VHS and DVD and the Staff of Kings game.

Plaristes

After a couple years of not adding to my Indy collection, I've gotten some more books, so I thought I'd revive this thread. I've just recently acquired:

Richard Brightfield, Masters of the Louvre
Richard Brightfield, The Valley of the Kings
Stephanie Calmenson, Race to Danger
The Further Adventures Omnibus, vol. 3

and a book I've really wanted for a long time for the two obscure Indy stories within,

Adam gratun, Evan Jamieson, and Richard Meyer, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom Sourcebook! :D

Plaristes

Just got a few more. :D

Richard Brightfield, Behind the Great Wall
Richard Brightfield, Revolution in Russia
Richard Brightfield, South of the Border
Ken Cliffe, Greg Farshtey and Teeuwynn Woodruff, Indiana Jones and the Tomb of the Templars
Les Martin, Prisoner of War
William McCay, The Secret Peace
Gavin Scott, Revolution!

Also still shipping is Richard Brightfield, The Irish Rebellion. :)