Favorite Scene In Indiana Jones 4

1. Specifically when Indiana bullwhips the warehouse ceiling light to hop to an escaping truck, then realizes he miscalculates and falls into the truck behind.

Rambunctious, spontaneous, adventurous and hilarious. Something only Indiana Jones can pull off.

Unfortunately, a bad line followed - "I thought I was closer." Too obvious/contrived...all the audience needed was one of those famous Harrison Ford "what the hell just happened" looks.

2. When Mutt Williams first tosses the snake to pull Indiana out the of the sand trap. Unfortunately, they beat that joke to death and made Indiana actually hold onto the snake. It would've been better if Mutt just tossed away the snake and found a branch.

3. The cemetary scene - Classic. Not hokey, not too eery, pure adventure.

4. Indiana taking the fedora away from Mutt at the end of the wedding scene.

5. Indiana looking at Brody and Dad's photo while his friend says the line "We're at an age where life starts to take..." -- touching scene revealing Indiana's humanity and that even he can't beat back changing times and the aging process.

6. Indiana getting pulled off of Mutt's motorcycle into one side of the Russians car and then climbing out of the other side...comical adventure.

Lots of other 'several second' scenes...

tastethecourage

I *LOVE* it when Mutt sports a "Man, that was awesome" grin when Brody's head falls into the Russian's lap while Indy looks on disapprovingly.

Just like when Indy sported that same grin twenty years earlier on a bike while his father looked on disapprovingly. :whip:

DaveTheHutt

It's not a scene as such, but I loved that moment when the Russians get out the truck to meet the guards at Area 51, then Dovchenko drops down to tie his laces and the guys behind fan out and shoot the guards - nicely done, and the first sign of Spielberg at the helm.

Mrs_Fedora

Not the best scene, but very funny: Indy gets cleaned by the broom men after the nucleair explosion... just look at his face when they clean him 'downstairs' .. classic Indy! :D :D :D

For the rest, i liked the motorcycle chase with Mutt and the jungle chase was cool

Agent Z

RocketSledFight said:
I loved the shot where Indy swings down on a chain and kicks the suspended Dovchenko through glass. Classic Indy.

Yes, the pacing of the warehouse segment is great. The action just flows really well. (y)

Ska

Hmmm...the more I see this movie, the more scenes I like...

It's either the Warehouse/Doom Town opening or the Arnie's Diner fight between the Greasers and the Jocks.

I'll also agree that the motorcycle escape feels the most "Indy" out of the whole movie.

My favorite line is actually from a Russian goon. When Indy, Marion, and Mutt are tied in the back of the truck (beginning of truck chase)...Indy and Marion are going back and forth about their past...and the Russian guard turns around and says (in broken English), "For love of God, shut th' hell up!" Cracks me up every time!

fatima

Just watched once so far, and my favorites are the intire warehouse one and the jungle's all the way.
I don't like the motorbike one for the simply fact you can very well see when is the stunt and when is not :( the back and head of Harrison sure is very distinctive) he plays some bike scenes and others are clearly the stunt...sigh
Thanks for posting the chasing bike clip.

jasperjones

Too many to choose from...

the ants and the fight with Dovchenko.

The opening credits.

The bike chase.

The diner fight.

The cemetary.

The snakepit.

Doomtown.

Mutt, Marion and Indy in the back of the truck.

Whoever mentioned Indy kicking Dovchenko through the glass - couldn't agree more. I thought that looked lame in the trailer and absolutely amazing in the film.

The more I think about the film the more I find to love. I really do feel sorry for those that hated every moment. I actually can't understand how you can enjoy the other Indy films and not find anything to love in this one. I can see and undestand the flaws people are talking about but the film just rides right over it's own problems and gets back to the good stuff pretty quick.

jasperjones

Yeah, I thought that was awesome. Dovchenko is one of my favourite thugs in the whole serious. Love his introduction.

Jones_Happens

jasperjones said:
Yeah, I thought that was awesome. Dovchenko is one of my favourite thugs in the whole serious. Love his introduction.
I also loved the way Indy got his hat back after that fight. Slowly parting the ants with the skull and picking it up just before it disappeared into the ant hill.

Agent Z

Dovchenko said:
Indy's fight with Dovchenko following the jungle chase...awesome!

Agreed! I love Indy's quick double swings, for lack of a better term. Damn, he's still got some haymakers in him! :eek:

After Indy smashes the log on Dovchenko's head, the next shots of Indy wailing away on Dovchenko are some of the best framed shots in the film and really capture the fury of the exchange.

My only complaint? That it didn't last longer. That's just the greedy fanboy in me talking though. ;)

Jones_Happens

Agent Z said:
Agreed! I love Indy's quick double swings, for lack of a better term. Damn, he's still got some haymakers in him! :eek:

After Indy smashes the log on Dovchenko's head, the next shots of Indy wailing away on Dovchenko are some of the best framed shots in the film and really capture the fury of the exchange.

My only complaint? That it didn't last longer. That's just the greedy fanboy in me talking though. ;)
I totally agree that it could have gone a bit longer. But I'll take what I can get.