Indiana Jones Magazine!

phantom train

JimmyPSHayes said:
Well I just picked up issue #2 at a Meijers store. I have mixed feelings. The magazine is AWESOME!!! There's a great article on the Indiana Jones Marvel Comics-those are my favorite comics EVER!!!! The really SUCKY part is that we(comic book stores)are NOT getting the magazine next week, so thanks Titan for honoring your street date! (n)

Thanks for the info. - I also loved the Marvel IJ series, so this has sold me on getting this issue. Though I haven't read all of them, I think the Marvel IJ comics are superior to anything Dark Horse has put out.

Anyway, I haven't see this mag. yet, but will look more thoroughly later this week.

James

Just picked this up at Barnes and Noble, and the price has been dropped down to $6.99.

There are a couple of KOTCS photos I'd never seen before, including:

-Indy accepting Spalko's hand at Area 51. (It appears as though he kissed it.)

-Indy watching Mac being held on the ground- but before the tire has been brought into frame.

-Mutt approaching the train station, and passing by the two KGB thugs in a parked car. Indy is visible in the background, walking around the train station.

Agent Z

James said:
Just picked this up at Barnes and Noble, and the price has been dropped down to $6.99.

There are a couple of KOTCS photos I'd never seen before, including:

-Indy accepting Spalko's hand at Area 51. (It appears as though he kissed it.)

-Indy watching Mac being held on the ground- but before the tire has been brought into frame.

-Mutt approaching the train station, and passing by the two KGB thugs in a parked car. Indy is visible in the background, walking around the train station.

WOW! :eek:

Man, I'm telling you, the dvd better have the freakin' 8 hours of deleted scenes we have been teased with! :mad:

FETT1

Goonie said:
The only place around here that had issue #1 was Walmart. Anybody happen to know when the Canadian Walmarts will be getting issue #2?

TRY CHAPTERS...it's there !...

Crack that whip

I still have yet to receive either issue via my subscription. While writing this post I called Express Mag to resolve the issue, and I'm told I should get issue #2 by the 18th and that I should call again for a replacement if I don't. Since I never received #1 via the sub my sub should go from #2 to #7; as I've already gotten #1 from the Indy Shop this works for me, as long as I do in fact receive the next six issues through the subscription. Let's see how it goes...

Stoo

Rhys135 said:
Just a heads up for UK fans. Got Issue 2 today :)
The Cinema Store in London has it, too. (Both the dark cover w/Indy & Mutt AND the white cover with Mutt alone).

indyclone25

well i would complain to the magazine --- i did that for my star wars insider when i got my issue a week after the mag hit the newstand--- i complained to them and got wo more issues added to my subscription ---- thats was nice of them

scubasteve

Crack that whip said:
I still have yet to receive either issue via my subscription. While writing this post I called Express Mag to resolve the issue, and I'm told I should get issue #2 by the 18th and that I should call again for a replacement if I don't. Since I never received #1 via the sub my sub should go from #2 to #7; as I've already gotten #1 from the Indy Shop this works for me, as long as I do in fact receive the next six issues through the subscription. Let's see how it goes...

Thought I'd chime in, here. I am having the same problem. I have not received either issue. I placed my subscription in early May, before KOTCS release.

indyclone25

i think sometime at the end of august or early sept. although the magazine does say august 19th will be then next issue

Crack that whip

scubasteve said:
Thought I'd chime in, here. I am having the same problem. I have not received either issue. I placed my subscription in early May, before KOTCS release.

Same here - I placed my order on May 12 or earlier.

Try calling them, if you haven't already. I went back and looked at my subscription order confirmation email, and found a number to call if you want to cancel - 1-877-363-1310 - and I thought I'd give it a try for other customer service, and that worked (and I got a live person, no less!).

I didn't try to get mine to start with #1, though, since I'd already ordered a copy of the first issue as part of a larger order from the online Indy store; I think I might have had a bit more trouble if I wasn't fine with having the sub just pick up with #2.

Stoo

Crack that whip said:
I wonder whether there are any differences between the UK and US / North American editions...
I briefly thumbed through the UK edition and the content was the same.
(However, the kids comic mag w/notepad & pen, has some UK specific ads.)

Good luck with your order!

Agent Z

Man, I'm debating subscribing through Express Mag, but these horror stories have me worried.

I just don't want to have to pay $10 a mag at the bookstore every time out though...

Have any of you guys received your mags from EMT and, if so, are they shipped in a wrapper so there's no shipping label on the mag itself? :confused:

Crack that whip

I haven't gotten it yet! When I called the first time I was told I should have it by Friday the 18th (a week ago tomorrow), and to call back if it still wasn't in. Super procrastinator that I am, I waited until now to call, and spoke to someone who actually gave a little more information than the first as well as being nice to talk to, so I'll give them a little more slack :p ;) - but not much! :p

I am told the magazines are shipped from England and have to be ordered five weeks in advance, which is why my original order placed no later than May 12 (I still have the emailed receipt; I don't remember whether I got it the day I ordered or a day or two after, but I think it was within an hour or so) wasn't in time to start my sub with #1 (not a big deal, since I have it already anyway, ordered alongside other items from the online Indy store), but it should definitely start with #2. Apparently when I first spoke to them on the 10th they were expecting #2 to be in earlier, but there was some sort of delay. I am now told I might have it this week, and should have it no later than August 1st. We shall see!

Updates to follow...