A Guide to Gear and Props. What to buy?

eazybox

The problem is the great expense of making pre-creased blocks for the factory hats. They may hire someone to put in the creases by hand, or offer the hats open-crowned, perhaps with an instruction sheet.

Jack

Mr. Z

I can't believe how many choices and options there are for everything. I saw that Todd is about to feature Indy's shirt (in March); a brand new version that has the look we all know and love. I expect quite a push for that.

Mr. Fusion

Mr. Z said:
I can't believe how many choices and options there are for everything. I saw that Todd is about to feature Indy's shirt (in March); a brand new version that has the look we all know and love. I expect quite a push for that.

Yes, I saw that last night. I have Todd's current shirt, which is originally from What Price Glory, and it's a strange fit. It's really baggy, for the most part. So, I can't wait for Todd's new shirt.(y)

Swamp

Just bought the headpiece from costumebase. They sent me a second chance buy it now. Got it for lower than what the last couple of auctions have ended at. I cannot wait to get it. Just want the diary now. I might wait on the idol and see if any company, like MR or EFX will pick up the Indy prop license.(y)

Mr. Z

Swamp said:
Just bought the headpiece from costumebase. They sent me a second chance buy it now. Got it for lower than what the last couple of auctions have ended at. I cannot wait to get it. Just want the diary now. I might wait on the idol and see if any company, like MR or EFX will pick up the Indy prop license.(y)

I was wondering where to go to buy replicas of the film props. I am also assuming that someone will pick up the license since Indy has experienced a resurgence. However, I highly doubt it will be MR, since they no longer produce Star Wars items.

Perhaps Gentle Giant or Sideshow will get on board. Can't wait to find out!

Swamp

Look like winrich whips are not taking orders till May. This sucks, since I was ready to order an IOAB from them.:(

Blue Jay

Swamp said:
Look like winrich whips are not taking orders till May. This sucks, since I was ready to order an IOAB from them.:(

check out todds whip: http://www.toddscostumes.com/indy/whips/indiana_jones_style_whips.htm
It is a 12 plait 8 feet whip, looks really screen accurate, it is a bit more expensive, 199 $.

The winrich whip is great, but i always thought that with only 4 plaits it does not looks so good, but that is just me.

Also, check out this whip: http://www.purewhips.com/whips.htm

Deckard

Swamp said:

If you don't want to wait, I have now seen a review of someone who has Todd's Whip and can say its pretty nice. I still plan on picking one up as soon as I have the money.

Swamp

I think I have now decided on a Joe Strain. There are twice as expensive as a Todd's but reading other people's reviews, they seem to be one of the better whips. :whip:

Mr. Z

I'm not sure, to be honest. I ordered a shirt from Wested, but haven't received it yet. I think I read the LL Bean shirts run a tad baggy, but someone else would have to confirm this.

Deckard

Mr. Z said:
I'm not sure, to be honest. I ordered a shirt from Wested, but haven't received it yet. I think I read the LL Bean shirts run a tad baggy, but someone else would have to confirm this.

Yea the L.L. is again depending on your personal preferance. It isn't totally accurate but it's a similar enough style.

Mr.Z, what was your question from earlier?

Mr. Z

Deckard said:
Yea the L.L. is again depending on your personal preferance. It isn't totally accurate but it's a similar enough style.

Mr.Z, what was your question from earlier?

Oh, it was about prop replicas:
I was wondering where to go to buy replicas of the film props. I am also assuming that someone will pick up the license since Indy has experienced a resurgence. However, I highly doubt it will be MR, since they no longer produce Star Wars items.

Deckard, I'm glad you replied, as you seem like someone who would know this. Plus, you actually respect new members, which I am a fan of.:)

Deckard

Mr. Z said:
Oh, it was about prop replicas:

Deckard, I'm glad you replied, as you seem like someone who would know this. Plus, you actually respect new members, which I am a fan of.:)

Np, at the moment the only place to buy replicas as far as Indiana Jones is concerned is ebay. Or that Acme headpiece from theyre website(check out the 1st page). Lucas is cracking down on freelance artists who replicate movie props. Thats what happened to Magnoli. I too hope that someone like Sideshow or perhaps Diamond Select will replicate some official props.

Mr. Fusion

I haven't heard about how good Diamond Select is at quality prop replicas. I have a Star Trek Phaser Type 2/1 version which is really nice, but it's just plastic. I really, really, really want to get their Flux Capacitor from Back to the Future. But it's like $280!! That's outrageous! But I did pay $300 once for an official Master Replicas Luke Skywalker lightsaber. Yeah, I was young and naive and didn't know how to spend money, but man, it is still awesome!:whip:

Deckard

Mr. Fusion said:
I haven't heard about how good Diamond Select is at quality prop replicas. I have a Star Trek Phaser Type 2/1 version which is really nice, but it's just plastic. I really, really, really want to get their Flux Capacitor from Back to the Future. But it's like $280!! That's outrageous! But I did pay $300 once for an official Master Replicas Luke Skywalker lightsaber. Yeah, I was young and naive and didn't know how to spend money, but man, it is still awesome!:whip:

I preordered the Flux Capacitor and just got a custom Mr. Fusion machine.