Adventurebilt Indy IV Update?

Mickiana

Apologies for my totally out of place joke. Of course I had no idea. I hope Steve does make a full recovery. That is more important than any hat.

mikieson

IndyAJA77 said:
It's officially been over four years now. It's very frustrating. Usually, I just forget about it, but it's been on my mind lately. I wish I had some idea as to when I could expect it.
WHAT??!!!...I didnt follow this whole thread..Are you saying you are STILL WAITING for an order for over 4 years?? IF SO....i would say, move on and forget it.

I got my $$ taken online once about 4 years ago and still think of it every other day. BUT nothing I can do..

fenris

mikieson said:
WHAT??!!!...I didnt follow this whole thread..Are you saying you are STILL WAITING for an order for over 4 years?? IF SO....i would say, move on and forget it.

I got my $$ taken online once about 4 years ago and still think of it every other day. BUT nothing I can do..

I believe Steve got swamped with orders after KOTCS when everybody found out that he was the one who made the hats for the last film.

But yeah, 4yrs is a long wait.

WrathofGod

No i haven't received my hat yet,apparently steve the fellow that makes them is sick...i got one from Penman hats instead and it's great.

IndyJoey

Odd... i sent them an email earlier this week, and they said the wait time is 12 months... And, to anyone who has a Penman and an Adventurebilt, which one is better, or are they very similar? What differences do they have? Which one is higher quality? Or are they nearly identical? Can someone just please point out the differences between the two?

mikieson

IndyJoey said:
Odd... i sent them an email earlier this week, and they said the wait time is 12 months... And, to anyone who has a Penman and an Adventurebilt, which one is better, or are they very similar? What differences do they have? Which one is higher quality? Or are they nearly identical? Can someone just please point out the differences between the two?

You sent WHO an email and wait time if 12mon?

IndyJoey

mikieson said:
You sent WHO an email and wait time if 12mon?

I sent Adventurebilt an email, at info@adventurebilt.com. And Stefan Witthuhn sent me an email back saying there was a 12 month wait time. He works at AB Deluxe apparently, because his signature said he was in Reeßum, but i thought Marc worked alone...

mikieson

IndyJoey said:
I sent Adventurebilt an email, at info@adventurebilt.com. And Stefan Witthuhn sent me an email back saying there was a 12 month wait time. He works at AB Deluxe apparently, because his signature said he was in Reeßum, but i thought Marc worked alone...
OH...dang!! 12mon?..geeshhh..thats a long time..

mikieson

IndyJoey said:
Could be worse... 1 year isnt that bad.
1 year isnt that bad? for something that takes about 2 days to make yes that is to long to wait. I'll never agree to anything otherwise. Its just my opinion on the subject..

Archaeos

Luisiana Jones said:
If im not wrong Stefan joined Mark almost 2 years ago or something like that.

As regards the inner goings of The Adventurebilt Hat Co. (2004), that's 100% correct.

Stefan Witthuhn joined mid-2010, has taken over all admin and comms, and also deals with all orders for The Henry on his own. He's a great guy, knows his stuff and is very reliable.

Marc Kitter is focusing on the Adventurebilt Deluxe making.

I bought a The Henry in Clipper Grey from them in summer 2010, and I have never regretted that purchase. The wait time for an Adventurebilt Deluxe was around 12 months back then, but I needed a hat quickly, so that wait was not an option for me. It seems they are not reducing their wait time, and that one year will remain the time one has to wait for an Adventurebilt Deluxe in a market that ain't Indy-crazy anymore.

As regards Steve Delk's Adventurebilt - have not heard anything new other than what was posted earlier here.

Also: check out Adam Savage talking about the Adventurebilt and the guys here: YouTube Video

Last edited:

IndyAJA77

I ordered from Steve in 2007 and have never received my hat. At this point, I assume I'll never get the hat or my money back. I know I ordered before the movie came out and everyone knew that Steve had make the hats for the film. But, I still don't understand why I never received my hat or any correspondence about it.

eazybox

IndyAJA77 said:
I ordered from Steve in 2007 and have never received my hat. At this point, I assume I'll never get the hat or my money back. I know I ordered before the movie came out and everyone knew that Steve had make the hats for the film. But, I still don't understand why I never received my hat or any correspondence about it.

Very strange; you certainly are entitled to some sort of update if not a refund. I ordered mine in 2007 as well and received it just before the movie came out-- but I placed my order before the big announcement that resulted in the avalanche that snowed him under. It's hard to tell what's going on with Steve now because few people can get in touch with him anymore, at least last I heard. New orders had been getting filled within a few weeks, but since his string of illnesses, perhaps even that has now gone out the window.

Perhaps your order was lost somewhere along the way? In that case, if you can provide proof of your payment, perhaps you can straighten things out if you persist with your inquiries. I feel for you and hope it works out.

Jack

Last edited:

micsteam

I ordered my "Raiders" style from Steve Delk in Feb/Mar of 2008 not knowing he was hired to do the hats, that was announced after I placed my order. At the time I was informed, if I recall, 3-4 months turn round maybe shorter. After we reached the point I expected the hat I emailed and called periodically and, although not by phone, Steve contacted me and informed me he was behind and planned on getting it done but if I felt I wanted a refund he'd Paypal my money back. I said I'd rather wait, after seeing the movie and hearing/seeing other purchaser's hats, feeling I was getting the best hat out there and low and behold in early Oct. 2008 I received the hat, smelled like it was at an AA meeting for months (Cig. smoke in abundance, might be why Steve isn't doing so well), it was AWESOME !!! Excellent quality, looked just like the hats in the movie the only minus is the felt is still thicker than what was used in Raiders, apparently exclusive to Brazil and Herbert Johnson couldn't/wouldn't get from there anymore. Sorry big story with a reply but maybe you need to stay on them and scan and email your invoice, my experience with Steve and familiy/workers was very good maybe you just need to stay on top of them, you are certainly due a legitimate reply.

eazybox

Adding to the confusion is the fact that, after the recession hit, Steve announced that he had received so many requests for refunds that he could no longer afford to honor them. If anyone else asked for refunds from then on, he said, they would receive the raw materials for the hat, so that they could either make it themselves or take it to another hatmaker of their choice to make it for them. But more recently, after his bouts with cancer, he was quoted as saying that if he passed, his customers could rest assured that he had made provisions that everyone would receive full refunds.

Very confusing, very sad---- but the last I heard, people were still getting their hats and Steve was still actively involved in the business.

Jack

eazybox

Adventurebilt featured on scaminformer.com

The complaints are mounting and Adventurebilt is now featured on a site that warns people of scams and ripoff artists.

I know Steve Delk is fighting cancer and heart disease while trying to fulfill his orders, but the people who have entrusted him with their hard-earned money do have a right to know where they stand after so much time has gone by.

I for one cannot fathom why Steve does not get someone to help answer his inquiries and complaints. Several people have volunteered to do so.

From basking in the glory of being the hatmaker for Indy 4 to being labelled a scammer is a tragic turn of events, but one that potential customers should be informed about. At this point, although it pains me to say it, if you have been considering ordering a hat from AB (USA), I would think long and hard before doing so.

That said, my prayers and well wishes go with Steve. I have two of his wonderfully well-made hats, and he always answered my emails promptly and courteously. If anyone recently has received word from him, it would be helpful if they would post a comment here.

Jack