Iron Man

kongisking

God, I can't wait! That trailer kicks A.S.S. with a capital COOL! The hell with Dark Knight, this looks awesome! I hope they eventually do a movie about the "Mask in the Iron Man" story arc! :cool:

Ah, May 2008...Indy, Stark, Batman (is that in May?); next summer is going to be moviegoer-heaven. (y)

By the way: are any of you going to buy the Transformers DVD? :cool: (y) :D (Yes, I know that's off-topic, but I'm just curious.

Michael24

I've been excited about IRON MAN for much of 2007 and have been following the production pretty closely. I never really read the comics, but I like the character and think there's a lot of potential for a really kick-ass film. A few things about the trailer bugged me, but I'm otherwise excited and hoping for the best. Robert Downey Jr. looks great in the part.

So far next year I'm looking forward to Indy, Iron Man, and Rambo.

And no, I won't be buying TRANSFORMERS on DVD. That movie was the biggest disappointment of the year for me. :(

Joe Brody

The Robert Downey Jr. casting was great -- even if the guy has been a tad over-exposed since Ally Mcbeal. I must search out this trailor.

Niteshade007

Yeah, this should probably be moved to Films.

I know nothing about Iron Man the comic. I didn't even know who he was up until I saw a trailer recently on youtube. It does look interesting, plus it has Gwyneth Paltrow (although her hair looks gross), and that blonde chick from the trailer looked pretty hot as well. I have to say though, I'm really much more looking forward to The Dark Knight, but that's because Batman is really the only superhero I know, and that's just because of the movies and the cartoon as a kid.

kongisking

indy34 said:
Whats stark?:confused:

"Stark" is the last name of Tony Stark, the billionaire inventor and playboy who is the public-alter-ego of Iron Man. Sorry indy34, I should have been more specific. :eek:

G-Man

Everything I've seen about Iron Man has looked great. This just adds to it.

I'm psyched for this. It's third on my list behind Indy and the Dark Knight.

Deckard

G-Man said:
Everything I've seen about Iron Man has looked great. This just adds to it.

I'm psyched for this. It's third on my list behind Indy and the Dark Knight.

Same here, same list, but after seeing this I am actually more excited about Iron Man then the Dark Knight now. And i'm about as big a Batman fan as I am Indy. This new trailer is just bad ass.

Shortie

Here's the thread for Iron Man. My second most anticipated movie of '08, tied with TDK. I think you all know what #1 is.

I got the novel at W*M, but I'm waiting until after I see the movie.

kongisking

Shortie said:
Here's the thread for Iron Man. My second most anticipated movie of '08, tied with TDK. I think you all know what #1 is.

I got the novel at W*M, but I'm waiting until after I see the movie.

As in novelization?!?!? I didn't know it was on shelves already! DAMN! There's too much cool crap coming out this year which I can't pay for! Lego Indy, Iron Man novel and action figures, Indy toys, Indy books, Iron Man stuff...I'm overwhelmed! I could sure use a 10,000 dollar gift card!!! :(

|ZiR|

I'm hyped for this movie solely because of Robert Downey Jr. He's one of my favorite actors, and this movie's been on my radar for a while noow. But he's not really your typical comic book movie star, is he?

Are Iron Man fans O.K. with having Downey? Hmm.

Also, I seem to remember Iron Man being black in the Superman cartoon from the late 90's. I dunno--maybe he was just really tan.

Michael24

For the most part, I think Downey has been met with much enthusiasm.

I'm very excited for this film. The CGI and costumes look great, and the action looks like it'll be a grand ol' time. It would be nice to see a superhero movie that's just plain fun again. It's shaping up to be the comic book movie of the year.

Snakes

Dr.Sartorius said:
I'm not too impressed. The out of place rock music and lame humor were annoying.

I'm expecting that to simply be the usual lousy marketing technique they use for many film like Iron Man. I've sen other films with similar trailers and they movies themselves were quite different. Lame humor usually seems that way in trailers because it's taken out of context. Most lines in trailers are shortened or cut strangely so they seem completely different. Still, this film could very well have lots of rock music and bad humor. I hope not, because I've been looking forward to this film before it was even announced.

Michael24

Thanks to my mom being involved with law enforcement, I discovered this the other day.

The 11-99 Foundation, a non-profit charity which provides benefits and scholarships to CHP family members, is holding a fundraiser to attend a special screening of Iron Man on May 2 at the Paramount Studios lot in Hollywood, CA. Packages range from $1,000 to $10,000 and come with some memorabilia, such as your name on a "Walk of Fame" star replica, but individual tickets are just $125. There will also be cocktails and a gourmet buffet before the screening.

You can find more information on the fundraiser here. My mom and I are thinking about going (for the individual ticket rate, of course), since it may be the closest I ever get to attending a premiere-like screening. And the money goes to a great cause, too.

Katarn07

I'm not excited for this, but I'm certainly willing to give it a go! I have many more movies I'm more excited to see like TDK, KotCS, 007: QoS, Narnia, Get Smart.... But that doesn't mean I won't see this.