The Haters thread

DarthMickey

Haa-Haa, except if all the real haters of this Movie actually showed up on this board the internet would go down for a year! Sorry but spielberg and Lucas have lost there minds. Harrison Ford I'll give a pass to. Except when he shows up wearing that earring in interviews. :dead: D.O.A

gear01

Magically Disappeared

PloKoon said:
Wow, you haters requested a page where you could flame about the movie and you hardly use it? Hell, I count more hate posts in the other threads than this one combined.

That's because all of the really long, really good, hater threads have been deleted by management. It's ashamed when so many fans spend hours articulating thier individual points of view, and participate in and open discussion, only to have all records deleted in a single instance.

Years from now, all history will be amended in this way "Haters, there were no haters"

PloKoon, you missed some very funny, very entertaining commentary.

Bvance

What happened...

I don't consider myself a hater of 'Crystal Skull' but I was and am VERY VERY VERY VERY disappointed.

So tonight, I decide to watch 'Last Crusade'. This is the first time I've seen it since seeing 'Crystal Skull' and I thought to myself...WHY couldn't they make a movie like this again??? Why didn't they even try???

I guess I'm a violent person or something, but one thing that pissed me off was how 'Crystal Skull' had no Edge whatsoever! Just watching the tank scene Indy knocks off 20-30 Nazis, blood flying everywhere, people getting shot, crushed, smashed, trampled. It was awesome!

So then 'Crystal Skull', first of all Indy kills one person in the entire movie...or so I thought. In my Biology lecture the other day we were talking about Curare, a plant poison that South American's would put on blow darts. Interestingly enough, Curare doesn't kill, it temporarily PARALYZES. That means there is a chance that Indy didn't knock one guy off in the entire film! What the hell?

Obviously, Stephen Spielberg and crew decided that Indy was now a soft character that was only allowed to punch people. How stupid. It's not that I'm endorsing violence, but that is Indiana Jones! Plus it's not like he's killing off innocent people, or women and children. He's giving the Nazis exactly what they deserve. So I guess the Russians only deserve to be punched. Give me a break.

:gun: 'Crystal Skull'

monkey

Bvance said:
I don't consider myself a hater of 'Crystal Skull' but I was and am VERY VERY VERY VERY disappointed.

So tonight, I decide to watch 'Last Crusade'. This is the first time I've seen it since seeing 'Crystal Skull' and I thought to myself...WHY couldn't they make a movie like this again??? Why didn't they even try???

I guess I'm a violent person or something, but one thing that pissed me off was how 'Crystal Skull' had no Edge whatsoever! Just watching the tank scene Indy knocks off 20-30 Nazis, blood flying everywhere, people getting shot, crushed, smashed, trampled. It was awesome!

So then 'Crystal Skull', first of all Indy kills one person in the entire movie...or so I thought. In my Biology lecture the other day we were talking about Curare, a plant poison that South American's would put on blow darts. Interestingly enough, Curare doesn't kill, it temporarily PARALYZES. That means there is a chance that Indy didn't knock one guy off in the entire film! What the hell?

Obviously, Stephen Spielberg and crew decided that Indy was now a soft character that was only allowed to punch people. How stupid. It's not that I'm endorsing violence, but that is Indiana Jones! Plus it's not like he's killing off innocent people, or women and children. He's giving the Nazis exactly what they deserve. So I guess the Russians only deserve to be punched. Give me a break.

It's kind of like when they took all the violence out of the Coyote/Roadrunner cartoons. Totally ruined it.

I'm with you on this point Bvance.

Indiana Jones, that hard drinking, womanizing, playboy, heart breaking, hard fighting, Nazi breaking, Archaeologist, Adventurer of that most fascinating and exciting decade of the twentieth century.......the 1930's.....

has been neutered.

Just like Bob Barker (I always found his name to be ironic) always says: "Don't forget to get your pets spayed and neutered".

graz

Is he a 'playboy'? I know that's how he was originally conceived, but its not really how I see the character in the films. One thing you left of your list is that he is an academic, which is just as important a facet of his character as the other points.

monkey

graz said:
Is he a 'playboy'? I know that's how he was originally conceived, but its not really how I see the character in the films. One thing you left of your list is that he is an academic, which is just as important a facet of his character as the other points.

Absolutely he was a Playboy!

And of course he was an Academic.

An Academic Playboy Archaeologist Adventurer. .........lots of potential there. Much more than the films ever explored.

Actually, as strange as this may sound, in my opinion the films did not necessarily do justice to the CHARACTER.

In my opinion, Indiana Jones is something even bigger than the films that Lucas and Spielberg made.

Too bad.

The Man

Bvance said:

People always say, "Well, it's their character - they can do what they want with it." That doesn't mean their incapable of doing something wrong...

Bvance

Rewatching the Originals...

So last night I posted that I watched 'Last Crusade' for the first time since 'Crystal Skull' and it was like night and day. Well I just finished watching 'Temple of Doom' for the first time since seeing 'Crystal Skull.'

Originally after seeing 'Skull' I would tell people that it was better than 'Doom', but worse than the other two....I was way wrong! I just hadn't seen 'Doom' for a long time. 'Doom' is said to be the weakest of the series, but 'Skull' doesn't hold a candle to it. The villains were actually scary, the stunt work was amazing, the sets were astounding, the plot made sense and lastly, Indy wasn't afraid to hurt anyones feelings. :eek:

I was grinning the whole time, what a treat. Has anyone had similar experiences while watching the originals??? When compared to 'Skull', 'Doom' is a masterpiece. A brilliant one I might add.

And PS: Short Round could kick Mutt's A**!

Crusade>Raiders

Bvance said:
So last night I posted that I watched 'Last Crusade' for the first time since 'Crystal Skull' and it was like night and day. Well I just finished watching 'Temple of Doom' for the first time since seeing 'Crystal Skull.'

Originally after seeing 'Skull' I would tell people that it was better than 'Doom', but worse than the other two....I was way wrong! I just hadn't seen 'Doom' for a long time. 'Doom' is said to be the weakest of the series, but 'Skull' doesn't hold a candle to it. The villains were actually scary, the stunt work was amazing, the sets were astounding, the plot made sense and lastly, Indy wasn't afraid to hurt anyones feelings. :eek:

I was grinning the whole time, what a treat. Has anyone had similar experiences while watching the originals??? When compared to 'Skull', 'Doom' is a masterpiece. A brilliant one I might add.

And PS: Short Round could kick Mutt's A**!

Yeah, originally I wasn't the biggest fan of the movie. I always felt it was pretty good, but nothing great. Now that I go back to it, though, I love it. Yeah the plot kinda sucks and Willie can be kinda annoying, but she does some little subtle things I really liked throughout the movie. Sometimes I think it suffers from the "More = Better" sequel syndrome, but overall I think its ****ing awesome.

I enjoy all of them really, but the first three are on another level entirely.

Indy1986

Bvance said:

I totally agree with you on every point. I am not a violent person but hell yeah Indiana Jones is about shooting bad guys, bodies being smashed or ripped appart by accidents,and "gross" scenes that look scary....the Ants didn't scare me enough...yes so more harder violence was totally missing...the action sequence in the jungle was to too soft too (besides the CGI i didn't like neither)...even if the plot of crystull skull was weak a scary, gross or particular sequence like the ripping out of the heart in Temple of doom, would have made crystull skull memorable or would have at least distracted form the weird plot...however what i like about crystull skull is the opening....still i want a 5th movie to give the series a good ending

Leiter91

When I was like 7 or 8, our VCR player ate our VHS copy of TOD. So probably from everyone I talked to constantly saying how bad it sucked, I started to believe that TOD was awful...So 8 years later, before KOTCS was released, I caught TOD on USA on an Indy marathon. I was like ehh...it's been a while. So from the Palace segment forward, I watched it in awe...I can't believe I ever thought it was awful...a solid plot, Great Sidekick(for some reason I always remembered Short Round being in the way) steady action, like Bvance said, the villans are the scariest and Indy is definetely the Highest on the 'BA' meter. Very swashbuckle-esque. And unlike KOTCS, very un-politically correct(They're beating kids! And the villans aren't white)

The Man

Pish-posh! Enough of this 'hater' nonsense. We who did not like Indiana Jones And Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull should be henceforth known as 'The Sane'...

Bvance

The Blender Effect...

So I'm sure this has been mentioned before but contemplating 'Crystal Skull' today, I realized that its just a mash-up of what SS and GL thought the fans MIGHT want to see.

It's like they took a blender and said, "Ok, lets throw in the hat, jacket, whip, some jungle, some army going after an artifact, at least one grotesque scene, at least one horrific villain death, some creepy crawlies, a recurrent character aka. Karen Allen, comedy sprinkled throughout, at least one booby trap, some artifact with mystical powers, a dark cave somewhere, our own little agenda/message we want to portray, some crazy action stunts, a big one on one fist fight, a CGI heavy ending, etc, etc, etc, and blend it all together in the blender for 30 minutes and wallah we have Indy 4."

I swear this is what they did! It seemed to me they were just going through the motions. But all of the ingredients in the blender were for some reason diluted, or rationed, to the point that these things just happened randomly without any rhyme or reason. An example of this for me was the retracting staircase at Akator. It seems they thought, "Ok, let's throw a random booby trap in there." But it goes off, nothing happens to Indy and Co. and we forget about it. Why would you make a movie like this??? :confused:

Am I completely missing the point or something?

Crusade>Raiders

DarthMickey said:
Crusade>Raiders

Thanks for the Video, but it didn't Work! :sick:

Cheer up damnit!

indiana-jones-kingdom-srystal-skull.jpg