Raiding The Lost Ark - New Project

Montana Smith

jambedavdar said:
Whilst I am no expert, I have been doing some heavy research. As I said previously I will not release it unless it's a worthy product. This decision will be made by me and some bug Indy fans.

What I do is out of affection for the films and a kindness directed towards the fans. I don't do it for financial gain.

A few members of this community have been kind enough to share material with me as I can't afford to continue to source everything myself. I am always very grateful for their input.

Whilst you comments were rather disappointing I am pleased to say there is a majority of people who would like me to continue and that is what I shall do. However I don't think I will be returning to this forum.

Thanks
Jamie

You're a bad girl, Sharkey. You have your heart on your sleeve, and everybody else's in your gut. :whip:

Daley

Sharkey said:
You should leave it to someone who actually is an expert, Star Bores boy. Especially when you need Indy fans to donate all the content and hafta beg people at this forum to come to you with it.

A Stephen Hawking interview by a giggling airhead TV hostess on a fluff morning program would probably have more meat than whatever youre gonna toss together.

Tell ya what, stay away from Indy and stick to flix you are an expert on...movies with midgets, muppets and cute little teddy bears.

Wow...this is really uncalled for. And incredibly rude.

ColinK

jambedavdar said:
Thanks for you continued support.

Jamie, I too am a Star Wars fan (Indy didn't exist when I saw Star Wars) yet over time I have to admit my fave movie of ALL TIME is Raiders. I still like Star wars (the movie) but not all the new stuff. The fan editing community have given us some AMAZING ways of watching our favourite movies and I am soooooooooooooo looking forwards to watching this in depth version of Raiders.
I have visited (several times) the Tanis Digs, Procession of the Ark and Cairo Alleyways sites in Tunisia, and its still not enough !!!!!
:D

I for one hope there's decent content, with all the 30th Anniversary panels some of the new anecdotes would be nice. The editing choices should be interesting...:hat:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Pay no mind to the few resident critics, jambedavdar. No one's in a position to pull rank among the geek hierarchy. We realize this franchise thrives because it rides on some very big coattails, and I suspect there are more Star Wars fans here than will let on. We've looked the gift horse in the mouth before and can still get cranky when news is at a low ebb.

Another museum of all things Raiders belongs to agent5, who may be able to help you with hi-res images if you need them. Looking forward to the feature!

jambedavdar

Undeterred by the negativity from Sharkey and 'another' individual on Twitter, I am continuing with Raiding. Many thanks to those who posted supportive comments and to those who contacted me directly offering their help and support. I really do appreciate it. For the most part this is a very giving community. For instance, a very kind gentleman came forward with scans of the Lucasfilm magazine. You know who you are Sir!

So, I am around 90% complete. A good friend is currently doing some animation for me to include which will help flesh out a few things. I am still waiting to hear from Robert Watts but will be persisting with this one as I think he would be a great addition to the project. The Mangini and Muir interviews look to be next month and then I will be uploading the whole thing on youtube.

I very much looking forward to reading your reactions.

jambedavdar

I have been trying to source the material myself where possible.

In other news I got a reply from Robert Watts today. I hope to speak to him next month!!!

jambedavdar said:
I have been trying to source the material myself where possible.

In other news I got a reply from Robert Watts today. I hope to speak to him next month!!!
While you're on with him see if he can remember if the egg drop scene from the plane in Temple was actually filmed or only planned!:hat:

Daley

jambedavdar said:

Yes please! If you get the right opportunity, please ask him if he remembers anything about the egg scene in the Tri-motor in Temple of Doom, let's put this debate to rest once and for all!
Plus then, if you end up doing a documentary on Temple, you'll already have a nugget of new information to kick things off.

jambedavdar

Morning all,

I've tracked down the Raiders opening font and it's Open Kapitalen. Unfortunately I can only find it for $89. The 'Raiding' budget doesn't really extend to that. Does anybody know of any good free font sites that have this font or a similar one?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Jamie

Faleel

jambedavdar said:
Morning all,

I've tracked down the Raiders opening font and it's Open Kapitalen. Unfortunately I can only find it for $89. The 'Raiding' budget doesn't really extend to that. Does anybody know of any good free font sites that have this font or a similar one?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Jamie

Try penumbra serif or Trajan

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/32137621?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0" width="400" height="225" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/32137621">Raiding the Lost Ark: A Filmumentary - Part 1</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user5888890">jambe davdar</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Couple of suggestions...

I hope you polish the layout of the title, and use the real font.

There's a recent anecdote Mitch got out of Fred Sorenson in which the "stone" tiki (at 2:39 in your edit) was used as a replacement float on the airplane after it crashed...

I read that Harrison stepped on the plane's aileron which caused it to crash.

I love the mixing of the behind the scenes clips but the Selleck screen test is way out of place that early in the film. Maybe a quick cut, (including Matheson's too) during the actual point in the film would make it less jarring.

That little bit of the Raiders March during the final shot of the plane and the sunset would break up the extended monologue...its too nice a highlight to obscure.

Just my opinions, it's looking fantastic.:hat:

Last edited:

Sharkey

jambedavdar said:
A @WiredGeekDad Exclusive: See the first 17 Minutes of Raiding The Lost Ark by @jamieswb bit.ly/uAAQ2Y #Raidingthelostark
There's no link Star Bores Boy. You came here wanting people to come to you with Indy stuff and now they have to go hunt for your vid? Sweet. Thank the rocket Surgeon guy for picking up your slack, Yoda Lover.

JayDee

There is a link... --> bit.ly/uAAQ2Y <-- The forum technique just didn´t make it into a one-click-only-link for lazy mouse-users.