Greetings from Iceland

AshDigital

Hi from Iceland.

Fan from the age of 8 when I first saw Raiders.

Been a life long fan of the movies (although I have my issues with them).

Got my Raiders jacket from Wested in September when I travelled to Wested and hand picked my jacket there.
12036762_877638445655130_888036262686355011_n.jpg

Just did a four hour podcast about the movies in Icelandic.
It's a podcast series that covers trilogies.
http://nutiminn.is/drullusokkurinn-jones/

Just wanted to say hi.

Last edited:

Joosse

Welcome aboard!

Great looking jacket.

Had my Wested jacket for a few years myself and still love wearing it as much as I can.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Iceland! Welcome!

I had the pleasure of visiting your country - primarily Reykjavik and the Golden Circle (for those who haven't been, it includes a stunning waterfall, the geothermal area from which the word geyser derives, and a rift valley that housed the first Icelandic parliament) - in the summer of 2012. It seems as though every fifth person I know has made the trip since then. Have you noticed an increase in tourism?

AshDigital

Attila the Professor said:
Iceland! Welcome!

I had the pleasure of visiting your country - primarily Reykjavik and the Golden Circle (for those who haven't been, it includes a stunning waterfall, the geothermal area from which the word geyser derives, and a rift valley that housed the first Icelandic parliament) - in the summer of 2012. It seems as though every fifth person I know has made the trip since then. Have you noticed an increase in tourism?

Hi
Yeah we see a steady increase in tourism here over the last few years.
It is becoming a problem and we need to spend more in infrastructure to be able to accommodate the high volume of traffic visiting Iceland.

If you visit again you will see that much has changes in only a few years.

(I've not been able to log in for some time now to answer and I don't seem to be able to edit the original post. Now I can post but not edit)

Attila the Professor

Staff member
AshDigital said:
Hi
Yeah we see a steady increase in tourism here over the last few years.
It is becoming a problem and we need to spend more in infrastructure to be able to accommodate the high volume of traffic visiting Iceland.

If you visit again you will see that much has changes in only a few years.

I don't doubt it. I hope you find a way to manage the issue; I'd hate to see Iceland overrun by tourists.

AshDigital said:
(I've not been able to log in for some time now to answer and I don't seem to be able to edit the original post. Now I can post but not edit)

That's normal, at least regarding editing. You get about 5 minutes after posting in which you can edit, but past that point, they're set in stone.

AshDigital

Attila the Professor said:
That's normal, at least regarding editing. You get about 5 minutes after posting in which you can edit, but past that point, they're set in stone.

That explains it. I see the picture I posted seems to be not showing and I can't edit to fix the link.

Here is the picture from the original post :)

WestedRaidersJacket.jpg