Should Short Round or Sallah cameo?

AndyLGR

If they handle returning sidekicks like they did Marcus & Sallah in TLC and Marion like they did in KOTCS, then I'd rather they leave well alone and have Indy with a new sidekick.

DoomsdayFAN

AndyLGR said:
If they handle returning sidekicks like they did Marcus & Sallah in TLC and Marion like they did in KOTCS, then I'd rather they leave well alone and have Indy with a new sidekick.

What didn't you like about Sallah and Marcus in LC? I agree though about Marion in KOTCS.

Indyfan82

For me, I would gladly welcome any of the characters mentioned to return in Indiana Jones 5- whether as a cameo or extended role.

Sallah (who I think would be a more likely choice, given that he's appeared in two movies already and has appeared in the extended world as well- once in a Young Indiana Jones books and in some of the adult novels),
Marion Ravenwood Jones (she's Indy's wife now- I think she needs to appear at least for a little bit of the story),
Mutt (if you're going to have Marion, you really should have Mutt show up for a bit too),
Short Round (I'd welcome an appearance from a grown up Shorty),
Willie Scott (sure- why not? Maybe Indy can catch her singing act for a quick scene, presuming she's still performing at that point),
Harold Oxley (I rather liked his character myself- it could just be that I like John Hurt's acting- mainly from his time as The Storyteller on "The Jim Henson Hour" :) :cool: )
Dean Charles Stanforth (If they do any scenes at Indy's college, it would make sense for him to appear.)

And- one of the few villians who could still return if it makes sense for the story- Lao Che. (Obviously, the role would have to be recast, as Roy Chiao died in 1999.)

Also- the setting of the story will affect the appearances of all these characters. I presume the movie will probably be set in the early 1960s at this point. However, if it were to perhaps feature some of Indy's World War II adventures in flashback for a scene or two (which I would welcome, if it fit into the larger story and made sense to do)- I would LOVE to see another throwback to "The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles" by having Sean Patrick Flanery again play the role. I know he's in his early 50's now- hard to believe that! - but if Harrison Ford can play Indiana Jones in his 70's, surely Flanery can still pull it off. I don't know if this one would realistically happen, but I'd love to see it anyway.:) :cool:

Indyfan82

What a great idea! Someone can finally put lyrics to the Raiders March and we'll have a reprise of Willie Scott singing "Anything Goes".
Indiana Jones 5: The Musical- it's going to be awesome! :D

DARTH ZOIDBERG

Indyfan82 said:
What a great idea! Someone can finally put lyrics to the Raiders March and we'll have a reprise of Willie Scott singing "Anything Goes".
Indiana Jones 5: The Musical- it's going to be awesome! :D
I would love to have both in the film!