Ideas For New Indy Actor

Supernatural

Does anyoneone like Josh Brolin for the part? Because I do.

And for anyone who hates the idea of a reboot, he could be a grown up Mutt.
It could be a sequel. Just as long as we get rid of Le Boof.

mikieson

Supernatural said:
Does anyoneone like Josh Brolin for the part? Because I do.

And for anyone who hates the idea of a reboot, he could be a grown up Mutt.
It could be a sequel. Just as long as we get rid of Le Boof.
Why do people not like Shia Labeouf? Didnt people praise him in Holes? One minute is being praised the next being thrown to the sharks..He's a good actor.Wonder if most people that hated MUTT would have hated any actor that played him? Im guessing so...Shia/MUTT is a great actor,character and I hope to see him in IndyV

The Drifter

I like Shia. I have nothing at all against him. I liked him in Holes, I liked him in Disturbia, I liked him in KotCS, and I even liked him in Transformers.
But, (and that can be a very big but!), most people just don't like the character of Mutt Williams, and for that; it left a bad taste in their mouths when they think of Shia.

First impressions and all of that...

mikieson

The Drifter said:
I like Shia. I have nothing at all against him. I liked him in Holes, I liked him in Disturbia, I liked him in KotCS, and I even liked him in Transformers.
But, (and that can be a very big but!), most people just don't like the character of Mutt Williams, and for that; it left a bad taste in their mouths when they think of Shia.

First impressions and all of that...
So they dont like that Indy has a son? OR they dont like how the character MUTT was written?

Supernatural

Aside from the fact that I'm just not a fan of his acting and the way he handles himself in public, (drinking and driving, drunken rampage in a Walgreen's pharmacy, bragging about sleeping with Megan Fox), I find it hard to believe someone like Karen Allen and like Harrison Ford had him as a son.

Mickiana

Don't like Shia or Mutt. One of the good things about Indy5 not happening is that Shia won't get to be Mutt again.

mikieson

Supernatural said:
Aside from the fact that I'm just not a fan of his acting and the way he handles himself in public, (drinking and driving, drunken rampage in a Walgreen's pharmacy, bragging about sleeping with Megan Fox), I find it hard to believe someone like Karen Allen and like Harrison Ford had him as a son.
He's young..Does dumb things,says some dumb things..we grow,mature, and move on. AND if I slept with Megan Fox you better believe I would be bragging..sounds human to me?

AND any time Ive ever seen him on tv he comes off as a decent person. Does it mean he is? NO..but it means he acts right when its time..I like him pretty well. Heck if we disliked,condemned all the actors that did what he has done,I guess we wouldnt really like or have any of them to enjoy.

Raiders90

replican't said:
The world doesn't need any more Indiana Jones.

A new actor? What an absurd notion. Let dead dogs lie.

That's foolish. Don't let KOTCS sour your judgement on the whole series.

Raiders112390 said:
That's foolish. Don't let KOTCS sour your judgement on the whole series.

The world has moved on. We got two good films, a half-decent one and a craptastic one. We don't need any more. Really.

So what if he's Indiana Jones? He has a hat, a whip, does adventures. It's not a big deal if we never see him on the big screen again. He was only a cipher in the first place, not a real person.

Let him die with KoCS. He's out of time.

Last edited:

The Drifter

replican't said:
The world has moved on. We got two good films, a half-decent one and a craptastic one. We don't need any more. Really.

So what if he's Indiana Jones? He has a hat, a whip, does adventures. It's not a big deal if we never see him on the big screen again. He was a cipher in the first place.

Of course we don't need another one (do we even really need movies at all?), but I, and many others would like to see him on the big screen again.
It's not gonna happen, but I would like for it to become reality.

Montana Smith

replican't said:

So what if he's Indiana Jones? He has a hat, a whip, does adventures. It's not a big deal if we never see him on the big screen again. He was only cipher in the first place, not a real person.

Let him die with KoCS. He's out of time.

fing031.gif

I think I might be a Nexus-6 skin job as well, as Tyrell programmed me with similar thoughts.

Other anti-heroes are available.

And besides, as I wrote:

Smiffy said:
Let's face it, Indy's become a rubbish franchise. In 2008 he soiled his undies and those skidmarks just aren't going to wash out.

With George and Steven at the helm Indy'll just wear those undercrackers on the outside, Superman style, as he sets out to save the world again.

Indy's had his day until the reboots come, and that's only when they've managed to shoe-horn old 15 chins six-feet under.

And the reboots won't be nearly as good as the originals, so why bother? Indy was a Harrison Ford vehicle.

The Drifter

mikieson said:
So they dont like that Indy has a son? OR they dont like how the character MUTT was written?

Most people just don't like the character. After almost four years of haunting this board every day, and reading so many people's opinions, that is the gist of it IMO.
I have felt that way before, but now; I really wouldn't mind seeing Mutt in the fedora. I like Shia as an actor, and Mutt the character has grown on me as well.

Supernatural

Really? You'd announce to the world in a egotistical and obnoxious manner something that was supposed to be private between two people?
I don't see Fox talking about it. So I think it was supposed to ber private.

He's a class act.

Supernatural said:
Really? You'd announce to the world in a egotistical and obnoxious manner something that was supposed to be private between two people?
I don't see Fox talking about it. So I think it was supposed to ber private.

He's a class act.

I'm not the one trying to make a career out of getting my face on a gigantic screen in front of a paying audience as often as possible.

Actors are, you know, weird creatures.

Supernatural

replican't said:
I'm not the one trying to make a career out of getting my face on a gigantic screen in front of a paying audience as often as possible.

Actors are, you know, weird creatures.

Sorry, that wasn't meant for you. I guess I should use the quote feature a bit more often.

Henry W Jones

Watching YIJC this evening. Does anyone think SPF could pull off a 1930's Indiana Jones?

NE67UdBAzqml9a_1_4.jpg

While I'm not a huge YIJC fan or SPF fan or a fan of a reboot, at least if they did do a reboot he would give some consistency to the series instead of us adding another actor to the list of Indy's.

Supernatural

Henry W Jones said:
While I'm not a huge YIJC fan or SPF fan or a fan of a reboot, at least if they did do a reboot he would give some consistency to the series instead of us adding another actor to the list of Indy's.

Such a good point.

Sir Galahad

I would love to see a 20's and 30's Indiana Jones. I agree with Henry W Jones. I would pick SPF for continuity but the problem is. . . SPF is 46 while Harrison Ford was 39 when he did Raiders. The age difference would be noticeable.