Favorite Scene In Indiana Jones 4

Kingsley

I can't say which is my favourite scene yet, I must see the movie again.
But it's definetely in the first half.

I can enjoy the movie (even the flying fridge) until they find the crystal skull (maybe until Marion appears)...

but it's pretty much a falling curve from the begining to the end. The movie starts pretty strong, but falls deeper and deeper, and by the time they are entering the akator temple I don't care about it anymore!! Why?! :(

James

HellofaSandwich said:
Also, I'm pretty sure she says: "Cover it! Cover it!"

Yes, I thought it was intended as a callback to her interrogation with Indy.

After three viewings, the sandpit scene appears to be the crowd favorite. "Why the hell didn't you make him finish school?!" always gets a big laugh, as does the moment when Mutt throws the snake to Indy.

IndyCam

There is so much to choose from.
1. When Indy calls Mutt, Jr. and says that somewhere your grandpa is laughing

2. When Indy snatches the hat away from Mutt.

3. Every frame of the Quicksand scene. I couldnt stop laughing

Agent Z

HellofaSandwich said:
Also, I'm pretty sure she says: "Cover it! Cover it!"

Thanks! I couldn't make it out for some reason. :hat:

I like James' remark about it being a throwback to the interrogation scene. Good call! (y)

|ZiR|

The opening scene with the teenagers racing the Russians. (y)

It was just so perfect, successfully drew me into the period, and made me rent American Graffiti; an awesome movie I'd somehow never seen before.

lilp1976

The whole first 25 minutes are brilliant, including the bomb and fridge. In fact, i think the only iconic scene in the whole film is Indy standing looking at the atomic mushroom cloud. The fridge escape, although ludicrous, is what gives us this scene, so i can live with it.
Despite it's cheesiness, I also laughed out loud at the snake rescue scene.

Agent Z

lilp1976 said:
The whole first 25 minutes are brilliant, including the bomb and fridge. In fact, i think the only iconic scene in the whole film is Indy standing looking at the atomic mushroom cloud. The fridge escape, although ludicrous, is what gives us this scene, so i can live with it.
Despite it's cheesiness, I also laughed out loud at the snake rescue scene.

The fridge scene, the snake rescue, and the duck driving off the cliff onto the tree feel soooooo much like Lego Indy to me. :p

marky_77

the opening right up to the mushroom. lot's of scenes i guess, but it's all good. can't wait to see that all again. shame i knew he was going to pop into the nearest fridge. nice touch that food got stuck and he had to clear it adding to the tension.

BurningFire333

I love so many scenes in KotCS and I definitely love all of the action sequences. Oddly enough though, if I have to pick a scene that is my favorite I think I'm going to have to go with the quicksand/loose sand scene. I just absolutely love the bit of Indy having to grab a snake to get out of the quicksand. Ford's acting in that scene is excellent and it's definitely classic Indy. After seeing the film 3 times, that's the scene that gives me the biggest smile on my face each time I see the film now. :cool:

StoneTriple

Raiders112390 said:
One of my favorites was when Indy mentioned riding with Pancho Villa.

That whole sequence where they're walking through that market and discussing the past, future, etc, was one of my favorites.

indytim

Not so much a scene, but my favourite moment was Indy's reaction upon seeing Marion for the first time. Harrison Ford was pure comedy gold in that moment :D

SterankoII

Definitely the Snake Pit scene, without a doubt. First, because out of all the old adventure serial tropes that's been done in the Indy movies, quicksand(or dry sand) has been the one missing. Also the fact it's when Marion tells Indy that Mutt is his son was great. Finally, Mutt using the python as a rope and Indy's famous phobia of snakes was really the funniest.

dmaster

Doom Town

I love the doomed town scene. This is a Lucas's gimmick that just plain works, a perfect demonstration of the nuclear 50's craze moment crammed into 2 minutes of so.

I also love the way the all introduction scene plays out.
The ant scene is one of the best action scenes of the all series.
The all first half of the movie is pretty much filled with Spielberg genious.
I full understand the mcguffin concept and I totally dig the retro-gliding-saucer at the end of the film and I love the way indy says; "Where did they went? Space?". Man, that is a sooo much 50's sci-fi cheesy line! :))

I give it a 4 stars runner, and probably more with more viewing.

My only gripe is still the monkey vines scene... but I LOVE THE PRARIE DOGS! :)

Flannery10

I guess I have to go with the Snake scene, too. Just hillarious and funny.

The waterfall scene was also quite good (1!, 2!!, 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

eshine

Alot of great scenes - my favorite has to be Marion's re-introduction, followed by the quicksand scene and the back and forth between Indy and Marion in the truck.

I also really loved the scene at Indys house when he was remeniscing about his Dad, ect.

michael

Honestly, my favorite scene was the final one where Mutt is about to pick up the fedora and Indy stops him, just the way he does it and is just like not yet kid and Mutt just stands there as all the people walk out. I can't describe how much I loved that. It was perfect.

Honorable mentions:

The Spaceship taking off and Indy is the only one on screen watching it (I believe he's the only one). I was worried it might look cheesy.

When Irina ends up on the jeep Marion is driving and she throws on the brakes and Irina grabs on to the machine gun on the hood and instantly fires back. I would put that up on some of the greatest action moments or sequences in any of the movies!