What's Harrison Ford doing these days?

Pale Horse

Staff member
Attila the Professor said:
.I assume it wouldn't affect the buying habits of the superfans enough for that to be a determining factor.

Lucas killed Vader, Maul, Kenobi, and Yoda...it doesn't matter to consumers.

Face_Melt

Yep...plus in case you have forgotten...

These characters are dead. Star Wars happened a LONG time ago. Han has been dead for a long long time. It's just that now, we get to see what happened!

Forbidden Eye

Face_Palm said:
Sorry guys, Han is going to be killed off in 7. Not only does every rumor and spoiler of the film show this but...it makes sense.

Let's look at the reasoning for this.

You can also add
4. Lawrence Kasdan is the co-writer for The Force Awakens, who wanted to kill Han back in Return of the Jedi. It'll be harder to keep him alive longer with all the younger faces front and center.

Which means it'll give Ford an open enough schedule for Indy 5*.

*sorry, but didn't want to derail this discussion for too much more Star Wars talk

Hanselation

Forbidden Eye said:
You can also add
4. Lawrence Kasdan is the co-writer for The Force Awakens, who wanted to kill Han back in Return of the Jedi. It'll be harder to keep him alive longer with all the younger faces front and center.

Which means it'll give Ford an open enough schedule for Indy 5*.

*sorry, but didn't want to derail this discussion for too much more Star Wars talk

I think we will see how Han dies in TFA and in a future anthology film Han will be back as young Han Solo played by another actor. So Han will not die in the sense of "dead" as "end of the character", but this is how life is.
And YES this is in my opinion the bigger advantage regarding Indy 5 with Harrison Ford! :whip:

Grizzlor

I'm not sure what Han's fate will be in Episode VII; however, I highly doubt Harrison will spend as much time on set in future installments than this one, that's for sure.

Silvor

FsPFZgp.jpg

He looks great here!

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Attending a memorial for Melissa Mathison, most likely? Mother of his children? Spielberg in attendance? Paparazzi locked out?

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Wandering into frame...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8mjYjMxZJCg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Drones33

This is why he's a hero of mine

I find Harrison Ford very inspiring these days, in some ways more than ever, along with Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, William Shatner, these are men in their 70's and 80's who don't appear to have lost their energy and enthusiasm...indeed Harrison seems to have more than he did a few years ago...
It's reassuring. Harrison and the others mentioned above demonstrate that the second half of your life can...and should... be just as fun packed as the first half, and doesn't have to be a dreary decline. As I begin the slippery slope toward 50, fully aware that I'm probably already past the halfway mark of my own life, it's something I feel very strongly about;
"Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Absolutely.
Never give up. Never surrender.
And regardless of whether he does one more Indy, Harrison Ford is one of my heroes, more so now than ever.:hat:

Stoo

Saw this in Barcelona:

December 2015 issue (#135) of the Spanish magazine, "Gentleman - El Valor de la Elegancia".

Gentlemen_2015Dec_small_zpswvb0fesp.jpg