Ah, Venice...

Finn

Staff member
The clink you just heard was a slide being pulled and round chambered behind someone's back...

Magda

I took four of the nine rolls to be developed tonight! I should be getting them on Wednesday! Woohoo! It only took me two months to do it!

:p

Magda

Italy 2004

Today, I finally picked up the four out of nine developed sets of pictures from my trip to Europe this past summer. Since I just started scanning right now, I suppose I'll give you guys a taste until I get them all up - hopefully most by tonight.

Last edited:

Raffey

Wow!

Everything is as beautiful as ever! :cool:

How did you get into the Vatican? I would've figured that the Pople could have sense you coming a mile away and close the gates! LOL! :D

Indy4ever

Ah...Venice!

Hello All. I am traveling to Venice this September, and I would like to know the name of the church/library featured in 'Last Crusade.' Really, I would like to know any and all of the locations in Venice used during the shoot. I know the actual interior scenes were filmed at Elstree in England, but what about the exterior? Any help or info would be appreciated. I don't think any shots of St. Mark's Square were used...

P.S. Does anyone else think it is sooo laugh-out loud funny when Indy utters "Ah..Venice!" as he is "rollin' around on the floor" with Ms. Elsa!? ;)

fatima

Exactly the same thoughts! if one day I will go to Venice, I would love to step the same places Indy did!!! wow, well, they did shot in St Marcus square at the beguinning when Indy mets Elsa and when they scape to the boats....as for the name of the church library, I can't help you out...but maybe some of the members here can.
The 'Ah Venice' exclamation was due to be a romantic place to be mostly for the lovers...there is that tradicional boat with the singer at the time Indy is kissing Elsa, so he thought it was romantic and exclamed 'Ah venice..' *sigh*

Indy4ever

Thanks VP....

Cool pics...Do you know the name of the church? Or the location within Venice?

Thanks for your help ;)

VP

Moderator Emeritus
18eac44b-4164-49db-9908-06df5d3b69ed.gif

The Church of San Barnaba. http://www.nycevenice.com/what-to-see-in-venice/santa-croce-dorsoduro-area.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Matthew said:
I'm leaving in a week, does someone know where exactly the other Venice locations are?

Well, the boat chase occurred at the London docks, so you might have to go out of your way a bit. The Bridge that there was a cutaway to during the love scene was the Bridge of Sighs, if I recall correctly.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Most of the locations are by San Barnaba, the arrival is at the southern bank of Canal Grande opposite the Piazza San Marco. Also the end of the boat chase is by Canal Grande, dunno where tho. You should be able to spot the church in the background pretty easily.