Destroying the MacGuffin

Randy_Flagg

I kind of like the idea of Indy shooting the MacGuffin, but isn't that how the Tomb Raider movie ended? Didn't she shoot the Triangle (worst McGuggin name ever) to stop the bad guys from using it? It's been a while since I've seen that movie, so I might be remembering it wrong.

Toht's Arm

Indie House said:
I think paying homage to the previous Indy films was part of Crystal Skull's downfall. I'd hate to see this mistake repeated...

This is a good point, although I'd expand it and suggest that paying homage to the previous films was part of the downward slide of the entire series. LC in particular was hellbent on referencing the previous films (well, mainly RotLA).

I consider the idea of this thread to be a little bit more subtle, really. I wouldn't want an exact mirroring of the dialogue from RotLA, just a kind of thematic referencing.

And yes, Randy_Flagg, that may have happened in Tomb Raider (and a whole host of other films), but I don't think many would criticise an Indiana Jones movie for ripping off Tomb Raider.