Hasbro Motorcycle w/sidecar prototype?

Stoo

Kevin said:
Another figure posted, this one is a real head-scratcher (for me at least):
Spassvogel said:
Been a while since I watched TOD, but it's not some kind of Bangkot palace Indy is it?
"Bangkot palace"?!?:rolleyes::confused: If you can't identify this outfit, then you guys must be "toy fans who like Indiana Jones" rather than "Indiana Jones fans who like toys".:p

It's Indy from the Dark Horse comic, "Thunder in the Orient", you chumps!:whip:

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
It's Indy from the Dark Horse comic, "Thunder in the Orient", you chumps!:whip:

The figure has extra detail on the jacket, but is missing the holster.

Indiana_Jones_Thunder_in_the_Orient_2of6_21.jpg

phantom train

Great pics. of the sidecar - Thanks for the post. Too bad this was never produced.

Re: the unproduced comic-pack figures, too bad these also never came out. When looking at the Star Wars & G.I. Joe action figure comic packs that came out in the 2000's, these two-packs were a good opportunity to release figures that would otherwise probably not been popular enough to have been produced on individual cards.

Lance Quazar

These comic book figures are blowing my mind!!!

But the REAL question - WHO WOULD THEY HAVE BEEN PAIRED WITH?

Comic Packs are always TWO figures!

Any interesting sidekicks in the comic books mentioned above?

I believe Hasbro said they would do a Sophia Hapgood figure if they ever "got to the comic packs." Weird that they (seemingly/possibly) went with two far more obscure choices first.

Stoo

Lance Quazar said:
But the REAL question - WHO WOULD THEY HAVE BEEN PAIRED WITH?

Comic Packs are always TWO figures!

Any interesting sidekicks in the comic books mentioned above?
Some choices for companion figures for the 'bandana Indy' from Marvel #11 might have been Indy's gypsy friend, Torino, or the suave villain of the story (& another adventure later in the series): Swiss-Egyptian artifact collector, Ben Ali Ayoob.

BenAliAyoob.jpg

Lance Quazar said:
I believe Hasbro said they would do a Sophia Hapgood figure if they ever "got to the comic packs." Weird that they (seemingly/possibly) went with two far more obscure choices first.
That's interesting because Sophia Hapgood was also in "Thunder in the Orient". Perhaps it was planned to pair her with the Afghan-coat-Indy.

If not Hapgood, then the Arab kid, Khamal, coulda been a contender:

Khamalindy.jpg
Khamal.jpg