Customizing Indy Figures

inky_skin

Dark Horse said:
Here's a troop car I sprayed black -

SC7.jpg

Nice work buddy. Looks a lot like the "Red Shadows" repaint they released at the GI Joe Con a while back. Knowing your passion for Action Force, is that where this is heading ?

Lance Quazar

Dark Horse said:

Great paint job! Looks very sinister indeed.

Here's a troop car modification I did myself very recently.

This is a "Soviet" troop car - captured and repurposed by the Red Army at some point during the war.

troopcar1.jpg

Montana Smith

Lance Quazar said:
Great paint job! Looks very sinister indeed.

Here's a troop car modification I did myself very recently.

This is a "Soviet" troop car - captured and repurposed by the Red Army at some point during the war.

That looks good all grimy and muddy. (y)

There's a clean bit on the edge of the back running board, though! ;)

Lance Quazar said:
Here's a troop car modification I did myself very recently. This is a "Soviet" troop car - captured and repurposed by the Red Army at some point during the war.

troopcar1.jpg
Excellent, just read Ze Germans did the same with British tanks...

Great job with the mud, it looks clumpy and everything!:hat:

Dark Horse

inky_skin said:
Dark Horse said:

SC7.jpg

Nice work buddy. Looks a lot like the "Red Shadows" repaint they released at the GI Joe Con a while back. Knowing your passion for Action Force, is that where this is heading ?

Heh, nah mate. This is for my Indy dio. ;)

I have the JoeCon Shad staff car as well though haha.

Montana Smith

Dark Horse said:
I have the JoeCon Shad staff car as well though haha.

Which gives a whole new meaning to going Red!

JoeConRedShadowtroopcar.jpg

In the early '80s when I was playing out scenes from Raiders, Kenner's Bespin Han was my Indy, Hoth Leia was my Marion, Imperial Commanders were my German officers, and Action Force Red Shadows were my German soldiers:

RedShadow.jpg

Ah, the days of innocent imagination!

Crack that whip

These are all really cool, though I do wonder why this is in the "Collecting Indy" forum - it seems to me customizations (especially those that don't use actual licensed Indy toys, though also those that do) would fall more into the realm of, say, "Indy Fanwork and Activities," for example. Not that I'm complaining, exactly, just mystified.

Anyway, there's a ton of really sweet work here.
:hat:

Montana Smith

Crack that whip said:
These are all really cool, though I do wonder why this is in the "Collecting Indy" forum - it seems to me customizations (especially those that don't use actual licensed Indy toys, though also those that do) would fall more into the realm of, say, "Indy Fanwork and Activities," for example. Not that I'm complaining, exactly, just mystified.

Anyway, there's a ton of really sweet work here.
:hat:

Why? The Troop Car was a licensed Indy toy made by Hasbro. Now there's a black one, a muddy one, and the one Hasbro customized themselves for another purpose. :hat:

_vyr_3417troop-car.png

Last edited:

Crack that whip

Montana Smith said:
Why? The Troop Car was a licensed Indy toy made by Hasbro. Now there's a black one, a muddy one, and the one Hasbro customized themselves for another purpose. :hat:

Because the emphasis in the thread is on "stuff I made" rather than "stuff I got."

I do know Hasbro made the troop car (and other vehicles), but this thread is about the ways people have customized the official toys, or other toys that have nothing to do with Indy, or even built their own toys completely from scratch. That seems to me to have more in common with creating artwork than with collecting various, er, collectibles.

But it's all good. I was just wondering, that's all; I'm not exactly troubled by it.
:)

inky_skin

Hell - get Westwood in here and rename this thread to "Pimp My Troop Car". I've one to post soon, but it's more to do with what's under the hood as opposed to the paint job...

Dark Horse

You'd paint the Red Shadow troop car back to grey? There are only 500 in existence, and are three times the price of the Indy one. :confused:

Dark Horse

Quick question on topic here, I'm making a dio story with all my Indy customs. Should it get posted in this section? I was gonna post it in the fanfic section. :confused:

Montana Smith

Dark Horse said:
You'd paint the Red Shadow troop car back to grey? There are only 500 in existence, and are three times the price of the Indy one. :confused:

I was joking. I have no interest in GI Joe! I only posted the picture to show what was being noted beforehand (and until then I didn't know that Hasbro had re-used the Troop Car).

Lance Quazar

Dark Horse said:
Quick question on topic here, I'm making a dio story with all my Indy customs. Should it get posted in this section? I was gonna post it in the fanfic section. :confused:

Both!

The fan fic forum doesnt' get a lot of love. A dio story take s so much work,
you should post it in dual forums to get as much attention as possible.

Sounds terrific, can't wait to see it!