Deleted scenes

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
The publicity shots are almost certainly from Marin county where they shot the motorcycle sequence in post.
The foliage is unmistakable.

Col. Detritch

I love this picture even if it is just a publicity shot! For some reason, when I look at it I picture Indy in Greece (might be the foliage) and I get this exciting thought of Indy in Greece for Indy V... amongst the ruins! (y)

While we're on the subject of Last Crusade deleted scenes here are a few:

pictures.php

Indy being kidnapped by Donovan's men extended

pictures.php

Indy and Marcus' trip extended

pictures.php

Sallah smacks the camel

pictures.php

pictures.php

pictures.php

Extended zeppelin scene and Pat Roach's last Indy appearance

pictures.php

Donovan detonates the canyon

pictures.php

The word of God was originally meant to have tarantulas instead of the pit

Enjoy!:hat:

Col. Detritch

Sorry, the above images may not display so...:

crusade_deleted_021.png

Indy being kidnapped by Donovan's men extended

crusade_deleted_041.png

Indy and Marcus' trip extended

crusade_deleted_051.png

Sallah smacks the camel

crusade_deleted_261.png

CrusadeDeletedScene-Airplane.png

CrusadeDeletedScene-Airplane2.png

Extended zeppelin scene and Pat Roach's last Indy appearance

crusade_deleted_191.png

Donovan detonates the canyon

crusade_deleted_211.png

The word of God was originally meant to have tarantulas instead of the pit

:hat:

Stoo

Montana Smith said:
Ever felt Indy-weary? Or more specifically Raven-weary?
Indy-weary? Never. Raven-weary? I'm beginning to reach that point and am almost there.:(
Moedred said:
The publicity shots are almost certainly from Marin county where they shot the motorcycle sequence in post.
The foliage is unmistakable.
Looking at the foliage, that's exactly what I thought, too.
Col. Detritch said:
While we're on the subject of Last Crusade deleted scenes here are a few:
Big applause to you, Col. Detritch, as you seem to be one of the few younger fans who are here to talk about Indy. High 5!(y) In case you haven't seen them, I uploaded some "Entertainment Tonight" interviews which feature very, brief snippets from 2 of those "Crusade" deleted scenes. (Don't blink or you'll miss 'em!)

Sallah taunting the camel
Indy with the spider

I like deleted Sense!......its so cool to see pictures and movie sense that are rare and not in the movie!....its..like....a BOX!....and when you open it...BAM!...SURPRISE!

Col. Detritch

Originally Posted by Stoo
Big applause to you, Col. Detritch, as you seem to be one of the few younger fans who are here to talk about Indy. High 5! (y)

Now I'm blushing!:p Glad you liked the pictures.

Great video's by the way, some rare footage of what we can only assume was lost on the cutting room floor! :(

Here are a few more scene:

crusade_deleted_171.png

Kazim's death extended. This was originally to be an intense emotional scene for Elsa, where we learn a little more about her struggle with good and evil plus a more ruthless scene for Donovan.

crusade_deleted_221.png

The Iskenderun Train Station. I'm sure we've all seen some promotional shots like this.

crusade_deleted_251.png

An extended scene in the Venice Library

crusade_deleted_281.png

Taking out the Brunwald butler extended

DiscoLad

Refering to the pic with indy and sean at the train stop.

I like the way Indy totally blends in with the locals...
He blends about as well as Marcus... :D

Montana Smith

Col. Detritch said:
crusade_deleted_171.png

Kazim's death extended. This was originally to be an intense emotional scene for Elsa, where we learn a little more about her struggle with good and evil plus a more ruthless scene for Donovan.

There should have been more development of the duality of Elsa's character, like this scene, demonstrating how her quest drives her methods. Too many people write her off merely as 'Nazi Elsa', which downplays Indy's final attempt to save her. (Even Indy was on the verge of being consumed by the lure of the Grail).

So as deleted scenes go, I see this as an important one.

Col. Detritch

This is exactly what I thought. :)

Regarding the Donovan detonates the Canyon picture above; I was recently flicking through my old Indy videos and found the original LC Behind-the-Scenes Teaser. At 1:14 in the clip there is a very quick glimpse of this scene. It would have cost a fair amount of doe to make that spectacular shot at full scale and yet it was deleted. It would have only taken a few seconds of film time which begs the question; why?

Here?s the teaser on YouTube (keep an eye out!):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0-s0c7SXGM

Darwin Jones

Col. Detritch said:
Now I'm blushing!:p Glad you liked the pictures.

Great video's by the way, some rare footage of what we can only assume was lost on the cutting room floor! :(

Here are a few more scene:

crusade_deleted_171.png

crusade_deleted_221.png

The Iskenderun Train Station. I'm sure we've all seen some promotional shots like this.

crusade_deleted_251.png

An extended scene in the Venice Library

crusade_deleted_281.png

Taking out the Brunwald butler extended

Hi, I'm surprised to see all photos from deleted scenes from Last Crusade. "I can tell you where they come from: book, web, magazine,...?
Thanks in advance!!!

Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
This is not Paramount's or Lucasfilm's well. I checked this site and they have mostly the pictures seen around the net but in higher resolution.(y) They have some rare ones but very few. They have some with crapy resolution plus they charge you to download. Still I couldn't say no, so I registered and downloaded some that really worth it(y)

Daley

Temple of Doom

Here's a little something I put up on Youtube, which I think features a deleted Willie moment at the table. I'll just re-post my video description here:
"This behind the scenes footage seems to capture a very brief moment of defiance from Willie Scott as she is held captive (once again) by Indiana Jones.
In the film, just after Lao Che says: "You keep the girl, I find another", it appears that Willie may have responded with:
"Why you miserable little hood!" -- a line that does appear in the final shooting script. This is just my interpretation of what I can make out in the clip :)"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY59zQyjEdk
What do you guys think?

Stoo

Daley said:
"Why you miserable little hood!" -- a line that does appear in the final shooting script. This is just my interpretation of what I can make out in the clip :)"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY59zQyjEdk
What do you guys think?
YES! Excellent discovery!(y) Footage of deleted scenes from "Doom" is rare. Thank you for spotting this and welcome to The Raven, Daley!:hat:

Daley

Thanks Stoo! I've been visiting the Raven on and off for some time now (and I've seen you are the ultimate source for rare videos and trivia - so THANK YOU for that too!) - happy to be part of the forums now(y)

It makes my mouth water at the thought of all of this deleted footage ( possibly even the infamous egg catch;) ) stashed away at Lucasfilm...it actually kills me a bit, since Lucas has released a pretty substatial amount of Star Wars deleted scenes :mad:

In the Heroes & Sidekicks videos that were posted not too long ago, (I'm sure you noticed this!!) there was also another bit of behind the scenes footage that captured a brief exchange between Weber and Willie as she makes her way to the plane - would LOVE to see all of these deleted moments...hopefully we will someday :p

Daley

Rocket Surgeon said:
Great clip! Where did you find it? I have another I have to post with Harrison feeding/training an elephant...got to post it.:eek:

Thanks! I sortof cobbled it together from the "Bringing back a Classic" Featurette that I presume is on the Crystal Skull DVD (I found this clip on YouTube hence the poorer quality), and the introduction to Temple of Doom, found on the new DVD (in much better quality!) - that's why it jumps from cropped widescreen to fullscreen half-way through. I only wish it was a bit longer, but I'll take what I can get!!:whip:

Wow I think I can speak for everyone when I say we'd LOVE to see that:D I wish somebody would compile a video with ALL of these behind-the-scenes moments, they are such treasures:)