Find Your Fate

Junior Jones

Has anyone here read any of the Find Your Fate books? It took me a while to find them all, but now I've got the complete set.
Some of them are pretty cheesy, and some are pretty good, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Strider

When I was in elementry school my 4th grade teacher had a bunch. I errr... sorta "borrowed" one for a while and forgot to return it. Now about six years later I still have it. They are pretty entertaining.

Webley

I have 2 of the FYF books.
Indiana Jones and the Eye of the Fates

The legends say that whoever possesses the crystal Eye has the power to see and change the future. In the wreck of an ancient ship Indiana Jones finds pieces of Perses golden shield which contains clues to the location of this mysterious Eye. Unfortunately reporters reveal Indys astonishing discover and the race is on! Your father a museum curtor says that you must accompany Indy on his desperate mission to find the Eye and keep it fromfalling in to the wrong hands.

and...
Indiana Jones and the Curse of Horror Island

In the heat of summer you and Indy sail the distant Coral Sea to a tropical and ver dangerous destination in search of a priceless ebony idol. Legend has it that Horror Island is cursed and that no one has ever escaped from the tangled jungles alive. Someone or something lurks in the islands heart evil and dark.

I

Indy_Jones88

I have all but one of the Find your fate books. The very last one.

#17 IJ and the Mask of the Elephants.

I heard it is very rare. If you have it I would hold on to it.

Caitlin

I love these! Me + Web had alot of fun reading the Eye of the Fates and Stine's Horror Island out loud changing the story up a bunch of times.

Junior Jones

There's a lot to like in these books, but there's also a lot of dumb stuff too.

A while back I embarked on a project to rewrite the "Find Your Fate" books, trying to make each one into a single, cohesive story. I took the best parts from all the story branches and tried to put them together. I've got three done so far and you can read them here: http://home.earthlink.net/~pandersonfam/

I've started on a couple of other ones. They're a lot of work, but also a lot of fun. Some are easier than others, and some turn out better than others.

Johan

R.L. Stine on The Official Website

Don't know if this was metioned or worth mentioning but indianajones.com has a new update talking about the R.L. Stine Indy books. Go check it out.
Does anybody own any of these books? I own one...and I did not buy anymore because I did not like them. Then again I bought the 2 Caiden Indy novels. If he was alive and wrote more Indy novels I don't think I would buy them.

Junior Jones

I've got all four of them. There's nothing special or remarkable about them.
They're just like every other "Choose Your Own Adventure" book.

Eric Solo

Choose your own ADVENTURE!

Indy has great potential for the "choose your own adventure" type books. Are there any out there?
I see a few Young Indy books out there on amazon.com, but I'm not that interested in young Indy. I didn't watch the show much, but it seemed that the stories always revolved around Forrest Gump-like situations where he meets historical figures.

Stoo

Yes, the old "Find-Your-Fate" books. 11 of them from the mid-80s.
In my teens, I bought the very first one but somehow lost it somewhere
over the years. Should you decide to seek out any of these little books,
do keep in mind that they were written for children and the reader plays
the role of a young kid in the company of Indiana Jones.

The Literature Section at TheRaider.net has a good page on them:

http://www.theraider.net/information/books/adventure_findfate.php

An Indy role-playing game came out at the same time and a 2nd one in the '90s.
I've never played them but one adventure is based on the Marvel Comics story,
"The Fourth Nail"! A parade of others can be seen here:

http://www.theraider.net/information/books/roleplaying_index.php

IndySeven

Yep, there are a ton of Indy "Choose your own adventure" books. I remember reading about 5 of them in 6th grade. The books are awesome and action packed just like the movies. I remember that there was one about the Queen of Sheba, one that took place in South America, and another that took place in Turkey. The books are awesome!:D

JimmyPSHayes

My wife was in Disney a few months ago, and she called me to see what I wanted from the Indy Outpost, and I believe they had them at the shop.