Infernal Machine hints and tech help

gavinpape

I boiught the infernal machine about 3 months ago for the PC.. i was really enjoying it up until the Infernal Machine level.. second til last..
Its back in the ruins of Babylon and you go through the big round doorway.. then down the ladder..
there is then a tiny climb up into a small doorway... i can't for the life of me, get indy to climb up into this doorway.. i've been trying for days.. he just won't do it.. is there sommet wrong with the game or am i doing something wrong?
please help.... i'm desperate to finish this game :)

gavinpape

I'm on level 15, Infernal Machine..

the walkthrough just says walk through the doorway..
but i can't for the life of me get him up there..

cheers anyway

Anne

Level 15 Bug

I'm also stuck in the same place and found your message. When I try and install the update I get a message saying that its not necessary as its already updated. It won't install.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Anne

Dyre Straits

I recall some problems at this level when I played through it. I believe the update did the trick.

What you may need to do is to back up your saved games to a separate folder away from where you installed the game. Then, uninstall the game and reboot.

Now, reinstall the game and run the update file. Once completed, restore the saved games to the game and attempt to proceed.

Good luck!

PS Isn't it wonderful that IM has saved games?? :)

gavinpape

No good to me anymore...
when i bought ET on XBox i said to my dad while he was on the PC that he could uninstall the ET Demo.... he also uninstalled IM by accident... git.. :)
so i'll just download a saved game from somewhere.. :)

Pier 1981

I got the three jewels, and I have to fight the final boss, but to do this I should arrive to the green door that it opens with the green jewel (at least, this is what I understand by the solutions in the net).

The problem is that I can't reach that damn door because it is on a lower floor and when I try to reach it I always die because of the height. I think that it should be there a beam to let u get down without dying, but there isn't any...I fear that this is one of the terrible bug that have ruined an otherwise great game...anyone can help?!?

Patrick

In order to get to the door I stood backwards, facing the wall and rolled backwards and ended up surviving the fall.

spohlso

Pier 1981 said:
Please help...I want to complete this damn game!!

You know, I've owned that game pretty much since the day it came out and I have never finished it. I have a different (and in my opinion more frustrating) problem. I made it all the way through the Aetherium to (what I assume is) the last boss monster. You have to get a mirror and let him fire at you. You use the mirror to reflect the shot back at him. Without fail, my N64 game will lock up on the third hit. Every time!

Dyre Straits

I did finish the PC version of the game...but that was about 3 years ago. I can't recall exactly now what it took to get through this problem.

Coldfyre

My game has the same problem, Pier. It is a bug, and there is supposed to be a pillar you can "swim" down to get to the bottom. In my game, sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. My advice is to just keep trying until the pillars are there. And everyone else, there is no god code for IM... at least not the N64 version.

Pier 1981

"In order to get to the door I stood backwards, facing the wall and rolled backwards and ended up surviving the fall."

Hope it's not BS.

Anyway, thanx to all for the help.

Patrick

Roll backward? It's simple don't you have a roll button? Well you have to face the wall, then press the down button at the same time as you press the roll button. If you can't do that then try holding on to the edge of the well edge and let go. I played it on the computer though so I don't know. Could you get down to the other doors? Then try going to that beam and run to the other door. Hope this helps!

Kumba

I know how to fix it, cuz I use to have the exact same prob with my N64 IM. You just have to play that level right when you turn on your system. If you've been playing IM on your 63 for awhile, things, like the music, will mess up. The music has a lot of bugs in it. LOTS!!!!